Why is it so hard for me to log in?

tgreyztgreyz Registered Users Posts: 1,627
I recently started visiting this site again and it is so difficult to log in. I have to input my username and password multiple times. I'm using firefox on a mac, not sure if that makes a difference.
3b or 3c curls | My Fotki
combo2.gif________________________________________________

event.png

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    I'm so sorry I missed your post til now!

Are you still having troubles? Will you send me an email with details? What happens when you try, what browser you're using, etc?

[email protected]

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • breathebreathe Registered Users Posts: 399
    I have the same problem when I'm at any other computer beside my own. I thought it was Firefox Private Browsing that did it, but it's not. I try to log in the first time and get that cookie fail page. The second or third time (without changing any settings), it usually works.
    big chop: 03/09/2010.
    modified cg.
    medium/coarse | dense | normal porosity | 4b/3c with random sprinkles of 4a.

• BefrizzledBefrizzled Registered Users Posts: 3,854
    I'm on Safari on a Mac, and I was just taken to the login screen three times in a row before I could reply to a thread. Each time I entered my info, I was thanked for logging in ... and then it made me log in again. I had to log in yet again before I could reply to this thread.

This has been going on for months now, but today is by far the worst it's been. I haven't been around much because it takes so much effort to post.
    Under construction.
  • ginny_ginny_ Registered Users Posts: 30
    Befrizzled wrote: »
    I'm on Safari on a Mac, and I was just taken to the login screen three times in a row before I could reply to a thread. Each time I entered my info, I was thanked for logging in ... and then it made me log in again. I had to log in yet again before I could reply to this thread.

This has been going on for months now, but today is by far the worst it's been. I haven't been around much because it takes so much effort to post.

Same with me! :((((
    Coppola Keratin Complex Treatment: May 12, 2011
    Hair type before: 3
    Hair type after: 2
    Today is even worse. I had to log in nine times to reply on three threads. :?
    Under construction.
    Argh. I'll try to get Smart Guy to figure it out.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Smart Guy says to start here:

Do they have cookies turned off, or maybe they just need to check Remember Me?

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Gretchen wrote: »

My cookies are on- I've never messed with them
    I've try Remember Me ever time it happens! Lol!
    ginny_ wrote: »

My cookies are on- I've never messed with them
    I've try Remember Me ever time it happens! Lol!

Me too.
    Under construction.
    I had to log in five times -- twice after I hit reply, three times after I hit submit -- to post the above response. I had to log in twice again to get to the reply screen for this post.

I can take video of me trying to get in and send it to you, Gretchen, if that helps. I don't know that it would, though.
    Under construction.
  • Heather0kayHeather0kay Registered Users Posts: 667 Curl Neophyte
    For the past year I must log in over and over to get in to natuallycurly.com. MY COOKIES ARE TURNED ON!!!! I use the latest firefiox and a mac.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Type: 3a, fine, thin, low porosity Water/Climate: soft/ marine Washes: water w/washcloth, shikakai, clay Condition: Style:Seamollient, CurlsPFCCP, Miracurl, Gel-les'c, CK; rudeechick's super soaker method; blot, air dry 30 min; diffuse
  • Curls=BeautyCurls=Beauty Registered Users Posts: 1,781

Same here. Frankly, I'm quite shocked that it logged me in a let me reply the first time I tried just now. Lets hope it doesn't log me out before I finish typing. That happens a lot, too. I'll finish typing a post and click "Submit Reply" and it says I'm not logged in anymore. Then I have to try logging in several more times before it works and posts my reply, if at all. It's very frustrating, and it's been like this for a long time, but it's become worse after the boards were changed.

I've tried clicking on "Remember Me" several times, and that doesn't work. Cookies are turned on.

Edit- Yes, it did log me out. Only took me one more try to log in this time.
    Cleanser: Liquid Castile Soap diluted in a foaming soap dispenser
    Rinse:
    ACV rinse
    Detangler/Conditioner:
    Oyin Handmade Greg Juice or Juices and Berries
    Stylers: Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd, KCCC, Honey Rinses and BRHG, Crack Leave-in Hair Cream when straightening

Tools: Silk pillowcase, Floursack towels, Jersey T-Shirts, Wide Tooth Comb, Velecta Paramount TGR-VQX Hair Dryer (for when I straighten) and BaByliss PRO Ionic Rollabout Hard Hat Dryer
    I'm so sorry, guys. We just hired another developer who should be able to help us start addressing some of these problems.

Just so you know, CurlTalk issues are ranked as a #1 priority on our list of things to address. I hope we can get to this one soon. It's a killer, I know.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Awesome!!! Sounds great!!
    I'm almost afraid to say it, but I logged in once today, and this is the second post I've been able to respond to on that login. I logged in on the top left of the site instead of the login screen when I hit reply. I don't know if that made a difference.
    Under construction.
    I'm almost afraid to say it, but I logged in once today, and this is the second post I've been able to respond to on that login. I logged in on the top left of the site instead of the login screen when I hit reply. I don't know if that made a difference.

That is great, critical information for us to have in terms of troubleshooting this problem, Befrizzled! Thank you so much; I'm excited to share this with the smart guys.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!

That is great, critical information for us to have in terms of troubleshooting this problem, Befrizzled! Thank you so much; I'm excited to share this with the smart guys.

Haha, I'm happy to help!

For kicks, I tried logging in on the reply screen now. So far, so good ...
    Under construction.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file