CurlTalk

the transition begins

tinytajatinytaja Posts: 2Registered Users
Hello all.

I am new to the forum and I have decided to transition. I am only 2 wks post relaxer :-( so I have a long ways 2 go.

I'm jus so sick of the relaxer and the thinning hair that I just give up on them. I've always admired natural hair but was never ready 4 the journey.
I know that now is the time, and I am ready.

I originally planned to bc on my 21st bday in september. Making me 6 months post and sportin a twa. This will be interesting 2 c me go from short 2 long.

I'm now a measley neck length after I trimmed a little off. So I won't have much 2 cut once I decide 2.

Or I can transition until my 22nd bday. Next year at about 15 months post. But knowin me I may chop a lot sooner.

This will b fun and definetly a journey. Ill keep things posted as I go along

Comments

• maybeintimemaybeintime Posts: 6Registered Users
    im transitioning at a young age (16) my relaxed hair has broken off so badly its a shame and discouraging. but my new growth is so beautiful, i am working on my second month post and i am going to be using goddess braids for the rest of my transitioning i cant wait to embrace my fully natural hair! :toothy10:
  • free_beauty29free_beauty29 Posts: 4Registered Users
    Hello I have been transitioning for 6months and I am loving my new growth. I have one small problem the relaxed part of my hair feels so dry and brittle.. Does anyone know what I can use to keep my ends moisturized? I will be cutting a couple of inches in June..

Sent from my SGH-T959 using CurlTalk App
  • Transitioning BeautyTransitioning Beauty Posts: 23Registered Users
    im transitioning at a young age (16) my relaxed hair has broken off so badly its a shame and discouraging. but my new growth is so beautiful, i am working on my second month post and i am going to be using goddess braids for the rest of my transitioning i cant wait to embrace my fully natural hair! :toothy10:

I'm young too (15) and I have been transitioning for 4 months. Make sure you moisturize to stop breakage.

Also, when take out your braids and you comb do it VERY gently. If I get to a tangle I don't yank I just start from the bottom and work my way up. It takes me about 45 minutes to comb my hair (just reached shoulder length) but I only do it twice a week so it's all good.
  • Transitioning BeautyTransitioning Beauty Posts: 23Registered Users
    Hello I have been transitioning for 6months and I am loving my new growth. I have one small problem the relaxed part of my hair feels so dry and brittle.. Does anyone know what I can use to keep my ends moisturized? I will be cutting a couple of inches in June..

I've been using aloe vera gel and a LOT of leave in conditioner. And when I rinse my conditioner I do it in super cold water which helps a lot but it does seem that the softer my natural hair gets the more brittle my relaxed hair is. :?
  • FadedExpressionFadedExpression Posts: 14Registered Users
    Welcome to NaturallyCurly, tinytaja!
    I started transitioning 12 months ago. I plan to go another 12 months before I bc. I've been dusting every few weeks to keep my relaxed ends as healthy looking as they can be...I can't wait to cut them off!
    Good luck on your natural hair journey!
  • icerockzicerockz Posts: 24Registered Users
    heyy, im transitioning too =) im 4 months post relaxer and im 15. and the time will fly by you.

Keep me posted :toothy5:
    4a/3c Hair
    Transitioning
    Henna conditioner For scalp and hair
    Suave Naturals GA Conditioner (SOMETIMES)

event.png
    :toothy7:

Dream of Au Naturelle One day lol :wink:
  • icerockzicerockz Posts: 24Registered Users

Have you tried leaving your conditioner in your hair after washing? Even though this is for curly hair I do this. Im transitioning and this has kept my relaxed hair and new growth Really MOUSTRIZED :blob2:. I got this from the curly girl book by lorraine massey =)

Also you could stop shampooing because all that does is strip the hair. This has really helped me also.

Have fun on your journey!:thumbright:
    4a/3c Hair
    Transitioning
    Henna conditioner For scalp and hair
    Suave Naturals GA Conditioner (SOMETIMES)

event.png
    :toothy7:

Dream of Au Naturelle One day lol :wink:
  • maybeintimemaybeintime Posts: 6Registered Users

I'm young too (15) and I have been transitioning for 4 months. Make sure you moisturize to stop breakage.

Also, when take out your braids and you comb do it VERY gently. If I get to a tangle I don't yank I just start from the bottom and work my way up. It takes me about 45 minutes to comb my hair (just reached shoulder length) but I only do it twice a week so it's all good.

thanks for the advice! i just got french braids (two braids) and have had them for week. but she put this black gel in my hair, by the time i was able to say something it was too late:cry:. its the black mysterious type gel. and ive been using the African Pride Braid Spray that has tea tree oil and peppermint oil in it & i've been using the Aphogee Green Tea as well. I cant wash my hair or else the braids well come undone on my hands (they've already started too). now im stumped...:sleepy3:

my channel: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FGerriesTransitioning%3Ffeature%3Dmhum" class="Popup

blog/website: simplygerrie.wordpress.com