how bad are ouidad gels for CG method?

dianemary126dianemary126 Registered Users Posts: 184
forgive me i am still relatively new to the CG method and the idea of no sulfates or silicones.

i know we want to stay away from silicones on CG, but i also read somewhere some silicones are worse then others. I plan on giving them up completely in the future but I have a huge 32oz size of Ouidad's climate control, tress fx & qunech gel all mixed together that i really do not want to go to waste. so i plan on using them up first.

I am just wondering if anyone knows how bad the silicones or ingredients in these gels are for the cg method? are they really bad or mildly unacceptable?

any thoughts whatsoever would be grately appritiated.
Diane
NYC/NJ
2c/3a..fine/regular texture..normal porosity..low elasticity..high density..cherub curls

MONAT all natural hair products are the absolute BEST
http://www.dianemary.mymonat.com

goals: grow out bad breakage cut and artificial hair color1
last softener: Sept 2010
last color: 2.14.15
last cut/trim: 4.7.15

blog: http://dianemarybeauty.blogspot.com

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    If you're doing CG, you not supposed to use products with silicone in them.

There's an article by Curl Chemist, that tells you what cleansers you need to remove certain ingredients (cones.) I don't keep it in my bookmarks because I don't use any non water soluble cones, so don't need the information.

There are people who do modified CG regimes. It mostly means that they lowpoo on occasion or more then recommended in the original CG book (curlies weren't supposed to poo and wavies only once a week.) For me, it means that I use natural soap bars to cleanse. It really doesn't include using cones.

You need to find out what works for you--and follow that routine.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file