No more cg for me :'(

Mermaidhead?!Mermaidhead?! Posts: 5Registered Users
Over the past 3 days I've been doing a cg routine of CO washing and scrunching upside down with a tshirt and gel. I loved the way my hair looked and it seemed so much curlier.

The problem? Everyone in my family hates it. My grandmothers always on me to "BRUSH IT BRUSH IT BRUSH IT" and this morning my mom got mad, brushed it out, and straightened half of it. She hates the texture. "doesn't that look so much better and CLEANER" not really mom. It's so fuzzy!

My family doesn't know about cg, but the problem is my mom thinks she knows everything about hair. Hers is very curly and flyaway, and she thinks her only solution is to fry it with a straightener. I'm afraid if I came to her with this method of putting gel in her hair and not brushing it, shed think I've gone crazy.

So no more cg for me :( I love my family but sometimes I can't wait until I go to college in 2 years so I can dress and do my hair however I want.

But then again, maybe I should just try this without the gel, what do you guys think?
Long, wavy, CRAZY hair!
Love/hate realationship...

CWC Wahser, but trying to go CG
Current Products:
Miss Jessies Super Slip Shampoo
Miss Jessies Creme de la Creme Condish
Bumble and Bumble Sunday (once a week)
Suggestions???:angel9:
Going to try renpure stuff soon...

I LOVE DUCKS! Lol
:duckie::duckie::duckie:

Comments

• qimissungqimissung Posts: 211Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm probably older than your Mom, but tell her to BACK OFF! You are old enough to wear your hair how you like it! Ask her if she'd rather have you dye it purple instead.:cyclopsani:
    Fine cherub curls. LUS brand user. That's all I need!
  • LexLionessLexLioness Posts: 70Registered Users
    I say it doesn't matter what your family thinks, rock your hair. The more you wear it curly/wavy and embrace it, the better and better it will look (and it will be healthy too!)

Eventually anyone with a brain will be amazed by how good your hair looks. Don't let other people get you down.
    type 3a/b, baby fine to medium, normal to high porosity except the canopy which is high.
    -
    recently chopped off about 4" - HOW LIBERATING!!! Learning to love my hair again instead of hating it for being a knotty mess.
  • creativelicensecreativelicense Posts: 422Registered Users
    Two years until college? I would say you are definitely old enough to wear your hair the way you want to. I say stick with the CG method, your hair takes time to adjust to it. When I started, my hair didn't look very good for the first few weeks, but after those few weeks, my hair looked great!

I grew up with a mother who didn't really love my curly hair. When my hair turned curly around age 13, she liked it, but always seemed to compliment my hair more when it was straight. I had just started to transition into the CG method when I visited her last Christmas (2010) and she wasn't crazy about my hair. I just saw her again about a week ago (last week in March, I live about 4 hours away from her) and she complimented me on my hair. It finally looks better because I have been practicing CG. I guess the moral of the story is to try to explain to your family that you want to embrace your curly hair and the process of doing so takes a while, but that you have to stick with it to get results. Hopefully they will be supportive, or at least get off your back about it.
    Curl Style: 3b/3c
    Texture: Fine
    Porosity: Normal

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut
    RO: GVP CB
    Styling: As I Am Leave In, Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets & Confident Coils, DevaCurl Set Me Up, Curl Keeper
    Gel: Ecostyler Olive Oil, BioSilk RHG
  • BuffaloCurlBuffaloCurl Posts: 7Registered Users
    Over the past 3 days I've been doing a cg routine of CO washing and scrunching upside down with a tshirt and gel. I loved the way my hair looked and it seemed so much curlier.

The problem? Everyone in my family hates it. My grandmothers always on me to "BRUSH IT BRUSH IT BRUSH IT" and this morning my mom got mad, brushed it out, and straightened half of it. She hates the texture. "doesn't that look so much better and CLEANER" not really mom. It's so fuzzy!

My family doesn't know about cg, but the problem is my mom thinks she knows everything about hair. Hers is very curly and flyaway, and she thinks her only solution is to fry it with a straightener. I'm afraid if I came to her with this method of putting gel in her hair and not brushing it, shed think I've gone crazy.

So no more cg for me :( I love my family but sometimes I can't wait until I go to college in 2 years so I can dress and do my hair however I want.

But then again, maybe I should just try this without the gel, what do you guys think?
    Maybe if you try explaining to your Mom how much it means to you to be true to yourself and have healthy hair she would understand and let you do your thing. Maybe she just needs to get used to your new look. (maybe...)
    3a/2c Botticelli Curls

Deva No-Poo, One Condition, & ArcAnGel
    RenPure Sulfate Free Shampoo, LA Looks Sport Gel & Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition

For 2nd Day: Lavender Spray & Gel Spray from CG recipe

Be curly and be free!
  • jojouhgogojojouhgogo Posts: 43Registered Users
    I knoe how yu feel!! my auntie whom i live with is a hair dresser. She has her hair permed and highly dislikes me and my natural look. I'm not allowed to wet my hair everday and she encourages me to wear it in a ponytail. My other family members are no help either. so i feel your pain and i can totally empathize with you. Once we get to college tho, itll be smooth sailing i promise;]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

oil:coconut oil and olive oil
    everything else: in need of suggestions!
    PHOTObucket: http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n626/jojouhgogo/WavessandKinks/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file