CurlTalk

Doing CG Method with Aussie Moist Products

Hey everyone! I am looking into starting the CG method and I was wondering if I would be able to use my Aussie Moist conditioners. I use both the regular Aussie Moist, and the 3 Minute Miracle deep conditioner. I especially love the deep conditioner. Would I have to give these products up? Also, before starting the CG method, do I need to clarify my hair to get rid of any cones?

Thanks,
Martina
Follow my journey back to long hair on Youtube!
Last Relaxer: June 7, 2010 | Big Chopped: April 1st, 2011
comic-p.jpg

Comments

• atangledmessatangledmess Posts: 3Registered Users
    Many girls on here have suggested doing a clarifying shampoo so that you start with a "clean slate" so to speak. I went CG 10 years ago so I actually don't remember if I did this or not. I use both Aussie Moist Conditioner and The 3 minute miracle. LOVE THEM!!! Cheap and packed with the moisture my 3c hair needs. I do alternate the 3 minute miracle with a homemade olive oil and honey deep treatment. I do a DT every week. Lately I have been thinking that I need protein. Something new to try....
    Good luck!!!
    Tammy
  • Ms. MartinaMs. Martina Posts: 12Registered Users
    Thanks! So If I decide to go no poo, I can still use the Aussie moist conditioners without getting build up? I think I might be doing my BC this weekend so I am going out to get my CG supplies today lol!:D
    Follow my journey back to long hair on Youtube!
    Last Relaxer: June 7, 2010 | Big Chopped: April 1st, 2011
    comic-p.jpg
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    Are these the ingredients in your conditioner?

Ingredients
    Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Glutamic Acid, Fragrance, Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Edta, Ecklonia Radiata Extract (Australian Sea Kelp), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Extract, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

If so, this has a silicone in it (the ingredient in bold print). Basically, you'll know if a product is CG friendly if it is free of 'cones -- ingredients that end in -cone, -conol, and -xane. The only exceptions are silicones that have a "PEG" or "PPG" in front of them. These are water soluble silicones and will come right out with a CO-wash or even a water wash. They are only bad if you are trying to avoid any and all silicones.

So, you probably can't use this conditioner with a full on CG routine. I honestly have never heard of this silicone before, so it could be water soluble, but I'm 99.9% sure it's not. I would get a different one just to be safe. Lots of people use Tresemme Naturals conditioners and the Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition conditioner.

HTH!
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7: