Am I on the right track?

tressedforsuccesstressedforsuccess Posts: 87Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hi All! I'm making my first curlmart purchase ever. Usually, I buy things at Target, Whole Foods, or Ricky's, but I feel like I haven't found any holy grails yet, so I'm expanding my horizons. Primarily, I'm looking for a cleansing conditioner, a frizz fighter, and a styler, but I'm open to suggestions. I plan on wearing wash and goes during the spring/summer months, but I haven't found a product that doesn't leave my hair soaking wet or white for hours. Following are my hair stats, a couple of pics, and what I'm planning to buy. Please let me know if you see something amiss, or think of a product that I just have to try.

My hair: 4a, LOW porosity, takes FOREVER to dry, seems like products just sit on my hair

Current products: co-wash Tresemme naturals, clarify KC Come Clean, Wash and Go KKKT & KCCC, Twistouts Shea Moisture Conditioning Milk

Stuff that I have lying around, but rarely use: Giovanni Direct Leave In, Kiss My Face Upper Management, DevaCare One

Products in my cart right now:
-Curl Junkie CIAB
-Curl Junkie Daily Fix cleansing conditioner
-Curl Keeper
-Eluscence MBC
-Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana deep conditioner

Pony Puff
2011021617_25_551-vi.jpg

Wash and Go (Knot today and KCCC)
washngo032611-vi.jpg

So ladies, am I on the right track? What would you add or subtract from my cart?

Comments

• coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    I can only suggest for you to try what you have in your cart. We can't tell you what will work for you. You just have to try. The stuff you picked out has great review on here so that should be a good start

you are very pretty!!!!! :)
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • tressedforsuccesstressedforsuccess Posts: 87Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks coilynapp! I guess I'll just continue with the trial and error. It's tough because most products seem like they just sit on top of my hair, but I'm going to keep trying until I get a decent springtime regimen.
    how are you applying your products? Are you applying soaking wet, towel dry but mostly wet, damp, or dry?
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Posts: 3,982Registered Users
    There's so much info here. I would suggest you take a look at the low porosity hair board, and see what folks are using with success. Here's an excellent post, by Naturalista, that will possibly help you understand your hair better.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
    coilynapp wrote: »
    how are you applying your products? Are you applying soaking wet, towel dry but mostly wet, damp, or dry?

Usually to soaking wet hair. Sometimes I will wrap a t-shirt around my head to soak up the water. If I have time, I will diffuse. If I use KCCC, my hair will stay wet all day.
    Nea wrote: »
    There's so much info here. I would suggest you take a look at the low porosity hair board, and see what folks are using with success. Here's an excellent post, by Naturalista, that will possibly help you understand your hair better.

Thanks for the link. I've read that thread before, but one thing that stood out to me this time was the advice that lowpo folks shouldn't be heavy handed, and I am certainly guilty of that. I do get good results with baking soda (cherry lola treatment) but I wasn't sure how much is too much with baking soda. Maybe I'll invest in a steamer at some point.

Usually to soaking wet hair. Sometimes I will wrap a t-shirt around my head to soak up the water. If I have time, I will diffuse. If I use KCCC, my hair will stay wet all day.
    try applying your moisturizers in different ways see how that works for you. I cannot moisturize my hair wet at all. Wet is only for conditioner. I moisturize on lightly spritzed hair/damp hair.

So maybe try different techniques and see if that makes a difference

try applying your moisturizers in different ways see how that works for you. I cannot moisturize my hair wet at all. Wet is only for conditioner. I moisturize on lightly spritzed hair/damp hair.

So maybe try different techniques and see if that makes a difference

Same here.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
    slight guano, NEA, what's your porosity? Because I can't figure out mine. I think I might be normal, but I slightly high (or maybe I'm high?)
    slight OT, NEA, what's your porosity? Because I can't figure out mine. I think I might be normal, but I slightly high (or maybe I'm high?)

Not sure...I'm thinking low to medium. It takes a bit to wet my hair down, and my hair doesn't take forever to dry.

Most oils/oil blends penetrate only, when my hair is slightly damp. I do best with water based products, then oil/butter on top.

I don't know what I am!
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    OMG. we are the same. I don't know what I am either.

ok. taking this to PM so that I don't guano

carryon

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file