ouidad products

piratecurlpiratecurl Posts: 104Registered Users Curl Novice
I am going to get a Ouidad cut on Saturday. I don't plan on purchasing any products, because I have too many already. But I was wondering about Ouidad products. Are they CG or modified CG? Just in case I
can't resist the temptation to purchase another product!
Thanks and good night. :pirat:

Comments

• mesuemesue Posts: 244Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    A lot of them have cones so you have to check. The shampoos have sulfates, too.

Some things I know are CG are the Daily Conditioner, the Pomade, Botanical Boost spray, and the Deep Treatment.

Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk
    Sue

Axed the perpetual ponytail and went curly on 1/6/2011.
    Hair Properties: 3a/b, fine-medium texture, thick density, normal porosity.
    Still experimenting with products and routine.
    So far, I like: FSG, GTTTT, V05 Conditioners, protein treatments, this towel.

"Well, as soon as we get ourselves cleaned up and we get a little smellum in our hair, why, we're gonna feel 100% better about ourselves and about life in general." - Ulysses Everett McGill
  • proctorsweetieproctorsweetie Posts: 93Registered Users
    The curl booster tends to make my hair a bit greasy, and the leave-in has a strange effect as well. My hair is so on and off with products though, so it could just be me!
    I think Bumble&Bumble put it best: WILD CHILD AMAZON WARRIOR BOMBSHELL

2c/3a Botticelli curls
    started CG 27. May 2011
    :wave:
    Curl inspiration: Nicole Kidman's natural curls, the 80's/90's careers of Laetitia Casta & Eva Herzigova, the artwork of Milo Manara
  • dianemary126dianemary126 Posts: 184Registered Users
    how did the ouidad cut come out? i love ouidad products- been using them on and off for years..i don't use the shampoos because of the sulfates. the deep treatment is def worth the pennies, i do it twice a month, it's the foundation for my haircare to stay bouncy & healthy! i also really like the pomade as a finishing product, a little goes a long way. hope you enjoyed!
    Diane
    NYC/NJ
    2c/3a..fine/regular texture..normal porosity..low elasticity..high density..cherub curls

MONAT all natural hair products are the absolute BEST
    http://www.dianemary.mymonat.com

goals: grow out bad breakage cut and artificial hair color1
    last softener: Sept 2010
    last color: 2.14.15
    last cut/trim: 4.7.15

blog: http://dianemarybeauty.blogspot.com
  • slivolaslivola Posts: 372Registered Users
    I used to love their deep treatment- I forgot about that product! I wasn't crazy about any of the styling products though. One of the spray on ones made my hair feel too coated/lightly crunchy for my taste but I'm sensitive about that kind of feeling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a (
    with 3b)
    Fine texture/Normal porosity/Medium density
    Low Poo
    (Aveda's damage remedy); Styling: Aveda's: Color Conserve Daily leave in+ Be Curly Style Prep+ Phomollient (mixed w/ Defining Whip)
    Finishing: Aveda's Texturizing Creme or Defining Whip; Eufora Pure Polish Drops
    Color
    Maintenance:
    Aveda's Madder Root condish+Clove condish
  • piratecurlpiratecurl Posts: 104Registered Users Curl Novice
    Thanks for the input. I'll let you know how the cut turns out.:pirate:
  • lovelycurls123lovelycurls123 Posts: 47Registered Users
    i bought a few ouidad products & honestly it's as good as any other cheap product. and it has cones in it & sulfates anyways. it's nothing special so I wouldn't spend your money on it it's like $100 for 4 things.
  • SpaghettiHeadSpaghettiHead Posts: 1,510Registered Users
    I use the Heat and humidity gel.....and I personally LOVE it. totally worth a once a week low poo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • piratecurlpiratecurl Posts: 104Registered Users Curl Novice
    Hi everyone. Thanks for your input. I left without buying any products:) William did not pressure me to buy anything. Got a great cut and had wonderful service. For any curlies in NC you might want to try William at Wavelengths in Durham. He was totally worth the hour and a half drive! :pirat:
  • Marci PieMarci Pie Posts: 668Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I too went to Quidad and I actually bought the products and my hair hated them. While the products are better than alot of store products they are not completely CG.

I get better results with my current regime.

3b, Medium-Coarse (slight coarse charactericstics), Normal porosity & Low elasticity per Curl Wizard Profile.
    Low-poo: Nourish Shampoo, Cantu Quinoa Shampoo for Color-Treated Hair, Decadence No Poo
    Co-wash: Nourish Conditioner, Suave, Aussie Moist, Clairol Natural Blends Coconut
    Deep Conditioner: Loreal Total Repair Balm, Cantu Masque
    Leave-in: Nourish Conditioner (Trader Joe's), Decadence Conditioner
    Stylers: LA Looks Sports, Homemade Flax Seed Gel, Devacurl Ultradefining Gel, Coconut Oil
    Methods: Sleep with extra large satin bonnet. Able to get 7 day hair. Prior to getting 7 day:Wet plop or pineapple at night, diffuse in the morning. Scrunch w/joboba, coconut or almond oil.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file