What Happens If You Leave in Deep Conditioner

bklyn_bellebklyn_belle Posts: 423Registered Users
So I know protein treatment is bad to leave in your hair but I am really tempted to leave this mixed chicks deep conditioner in my hair. Is that bad? Is there something in deep conditioner that isn't in reg conditioner that will cause breakage?
Texture: proud 4a (3c at the nape).
Regimen: co-wash everyday.deep condition, de-tangle and seal once a week.
Current Favs: Treseme Naturals shampoo & conditioner, wide tooth comb, coconut oil, Shea Moisture curling smoothie, ampro clear styling gel .
Protective Style: buns

visit my fashion & culture website: http://www.beautyandthestreetmag.blogspot.com

Comments

• empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    well everyone's hair is different but ive been leaving in the shea moisture raw restorative or whatever mask in my hair and it loves it.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    the only (probable) difference between rinse out and deep conditioners is the amount of oils/butters and conditioining ingredients. I use my deep conditioner as a leave in all the time.
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • bklyn_bellebklyn_belle Posts: 423Registered Users
    Ok cool :) I was scared something would happen. Deep conditioners I notice are so thick and hydrating which is def a plus for me

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlTalk App
    Texture: proud 4a (3c at the nape).
    Regimen: co-wash everyday.deep condition, de-tangle and seal once a week.
    Current Favs: Treseme Naturals shampoo & conditioner, wide tooth comb, coconut oil, Shea Moisture curling smoothie, ampro clear styling gel .
    Protective Style: buns

visit my fashion & culture website: http://www.beautyandthestreetmag.blogspot.com
  • JessicazFroJessicazFro Posts: 1,446Registered Users
    If your hair needs the moisture your hair will be soft. If not your hair would be poofy/frizzy/mushy

Sent from my SPH-M920 using CurlTalk App
    tex-laxed(pfffttt) :dontknow:
    Thick/coarse/low porosity/low elasticity
    4a/b cottony/spongy

At war with my indestructible, armadillo hair...MY WILL BE DONE!

imager.php?id=2689460&t=o GIFSoup
    :tongue:
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Nothing! The real test for me is usin it as a li.
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I leave mine in every now and then after adding it to dry hair and putting on a plastic bag and scarf for the night. Its especially good for my hair after I henna.
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg
  • makeupvixenmakeupvixen Posts: 507Registered Users
    I think it just depends on your own hair. I leave in Oyin Honey Hemp without a problem. I leave in CJ Curl Rehab and KBB Luscious Locks and I have not had a problem with it either.

I haven't tried it with Mixed Chicks though but I have tried leaving Deep Conditioners in my hair and my hair is fine. Most of the time I put something over it anyway, like a gel or an oil or a butter. Only really do the conditioner only method on hot days when I want to wear my hair out, which is rare of me.
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think it's fine. I leave in CJ Rehab and my hair loves it.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • lajoliefillelajoliefille Posts: 350Registered Users
    Nothing. The only problem I've come across with leaving DC's in overnight is mild headaches which I think is more related to going to bed with wet hair rather than the condish itself.
    Last Relaxer: Feb 2007
    BC: Feb. 28 2009 :afro::hello1:

What do hair typing, Santa, the bogey man, and the great pumpkin all have in common? My utter and complete disbelief in them of course. ;-)

"Feminism is the RADICAL notion that women are human beings."
  • me-naturallyme-naturally Posts: 1Registered Users
    How do you seal your hair and what are the benefits.
  • Precious CurlsPrecious Curls Posts: 448Registered Users
    It's alright once in a while, just don't do it too much. You could possibly over-moisturize your hair (yup, it's totally possible.) This will weaken the hair due to too much elasticity, and make it mushy feeling.
  • NLuvWithCurlzNLuvWithCurlz Posts: 99Registered Users
    empressri wrote: »
    well everyone's hair is different but ive been leaving in the shea moisture raw restorative or whatever mask in my hair and it loves it.
    Yeah and the good thing about this stuff is you DO NOT need alot. If I put a lot of this in my hair gets kinda limp but if I use a little bit my hair is perrrrfect

My hair wets when water touches it !;-)
    FIERCE LOVE AND CURLS
  • RunawryeRunawrye Posts: 32Registered Users
    I love how I learn so much from all you curlies! I've often thought about leaving in a dc overnight but wasnt sure if it was actually good for your hair, now I am def trying it! Thanks ladies!

Sent from my Desire HD using CurlTalk App
  • Feefee201932Feefee201932 Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    I know I'm seven years late but.. I always leave at least 20-40% of my deep conditioner in. Depending on how my hair feel. I'm high porosity, sometimes I leave in rinse out products. Except for shampoo or protein. You have to be careful with that. Because of moisture overload. Maybe doing every other month. I know I leave the most DC in. When I takedown box braids. It saps most of the moisture for actual hair. My hair be so brittle.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file