Breakage, dryness and hairstrand issues!!

BurbujasBurbujas Posts: 24Registered Users

Comments

• Precious CurlsPrecious Curls Posts: 448Registered Users
    Hi, Burbujas :)

The spacings on your hair strand seem actually kind of normal. I have mostly thick strands on my hair and if I take one out and look at it, the curl pattern alternates in thickness just like you described. And my hair def isn't experiencing breakage so I would think that that would be normal unless those thinner sections are REALLY thin ... I don't think that my "thickness alternation" is as drastic as a thick section and then a paper thin section ...

Hmmm ... your situation seems very complicated! Because if you have spaces in your hair strand I would say to do a protein treatment, but if your hair feels dry I would say to moisturize ... :dontknow:

Well, I think that I will say, try moisturizing more often and see how that works. I need to moisturize my hair two to three times a day. See if the extra moisture helps make your hair feel softer and moister. Hope that helped!
  • ajnaajna Posts: 494Registered Users
    I used to have a lot of problems with dry hair and here are a few things that helped me.

I think I would start by clarifying the hair with baking soda or a clarifying shampoo, that way you can rid any residue that may be lying on the hair. Then I would switch my shampoo and conditioner, sometimes your hair gets used to something and it is not as effective as it once was.

Next I would prepoo but using Chicoro's method with the aloe vera gel or juice and an oil of your choice mixed together then lay coconut oil on top and let that sit with a baggie for 30 mins or more.

Are you opposed to oil rinsing? I get a lot of benefit from that and honestly I use what ever oil I have the most of or whatever I am trying to get rid of.

Even if you do not wish to oil rinse a deep conditioner is in order maybe cj deep fix, or Jessicurl too shea deep conditioner. As for something on the ground maybe Elasta QP DPR-11 (check the ingredients I think they may have reformulated) or Joico Moisture Intensive Conditioner.

You may also want to add a leave in with an oil to seal.

In the winter I typically moisturize my ends daily (usually with a hair milk like oyin honey dew) and I will do all of my hair like three days or so (here I use water then oil then QB). My hair is no longer dry it is very soft to the touch and it can stretch without breaking but if I skipped a a week my hair would turn to straw.

HTH
    Hair Type: 3c/4a/4b, fine, normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Ajnamhuja/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file