re clumping

lisa45lisa45 Posts: 31Registered Users
hello i posted this on another thread. but i wanted some tips from peeps my own age see hoe theyve accomplished this. where and how do i begin to clump to get bigger curls? ive got 3b waist length when wet not sure of porosity curl lots of waive at the roots basically corkscrew curls kida frizzy though. im on the no-poo. so i condish really well, rinse out then reapply condish to my hair. right now im naked. i hope some of my curly ladies can assist me in getting bigger less frizzy curls. oh i use vo5 condish mixed with pantene condish cuz i have a hard time with tangles. oh i use a wide tooth comb and i detangle everytime o condish! thanks ladies for helping out an oldie but goodie!lol

Comments

• rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    Please see my Super Soaker Thread
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Posts: 1,731Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Also, watch out for the Pantene - you may need to shampoo occasionally if you are using that - I think all the Pantene conditioners have stuff that can build up pretty bad.
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
  • lisa45lisa45 Posts: 31Registered Users
    hello thanks for the replies on re clumping. i typed in super soaker on the search and i still cant find them. can u please point me in the right direction?
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    Here's the Super Soaker thread:

Super Soaker

It's a long one! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lisa45lisa45 Posts: 31Registered Users
    thanks so much misspam for ur help. im gonna do this. now if i could under stand plopping. i saw a video on it, i guess im still trying to absorb all this. if u might have the time can u tell me about the plopping? lots of thanks lisa45:wav:
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    You're welcome! :)

I'm not the best at describing things, so I will direct you to Jessicurl's site where she has a great video on plopping, or "plunking" as Jess calls it.

Jessicurl videos
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dhanksdhanks Posts: 99Registered Users
    If that doesn't work for you try the scrunch n pump. After applying stylers, take sections at ends with an open palm, scrunch up, then close your fist and pump about eight times. Then release slowly. After it's completely dry I gently shake the clumps loose. This method lasts all day and if your careful can last longer than that. Good Luck.
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    lisa45 wrote: »
    thanks so much misspam for ur help. im gonna do this. now if i could under stand plopping. i saw a video on it, i guess im still trying to absorb all this. if u might have the time can u tell me about the plopping? lots of thanks lisa45:wav:

For what its works, I now Super Soak without plopping; my hair is on the shorter side and it encourages more curl/volume than I want. Instead of plopping I lightly scrunch out a bit of the excess water with my Curl Ease towel. Works just as well as with the plop.

HTH
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • VerityVerity Posts: 616Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I opened this thread because I thought it was about mascara. ;-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file