Product Advice; Is this CurlyGirl friendly?

Hi everyone! ^^ I came across this site quite a bit ago and have been co-washing for a while now (lost track of how long but I'm guessing half a year?), first with Suave Naturals Coconut and then switched to TRESemme Naturals Silicone free conditioner when I seen it in Wal-Mart, and I also use Live Clean Argan Oil conditioner/Moroccan Oil restorative hair mask as a leave in type of thing. But I'm running a bit low on the Moroccan oil and came across this product today at the store and I guess it's new and I haven't seen any info on it on here so I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it's CurlyGirl friendly? ^^; That'd be greatly appreciated! It's called Garnier Fructis Damage Repair; Deep Repairing Mask ( Buy Garnier Fructis Damage Repair Deep Repair 1-Minute Mask from Canada at Well.ca - Free Shipping )

The Ingredients are;

Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Elaeis Guineensis Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride, Niacinamide, Saccharum Officinarum Extract, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Limonene, Camellia Sinensis Extract, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Pyrus Malus Extract, Pyridoxine HCI, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract, Hexyl Cinnamal, Glycerin, Parfum.

Comments

• wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    Yup, it's completely CG friendly! The only ingredient that is questionable in it is the Methylparaben, which has other health concerns, but it's totally compatible with a no-poo routine.

HTH!
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • RiceCrispiesRiceCrispies Posts: 7Registered Users
    I had a feeling it was CG friendly but I figured I should double check. I've gotten pretty good at scanning labels but can't always be sure. xD

Thank you so much for replying ^^ I was looking at the bottle not knowing if I should use it or not haha. It smells really pleasant. (: Good thing is it was only 2 bucks where I got it.
    I know, I double-check myself a lot with reading labels, too! I even have my sister re-check my work sometimes. I try to avoid protein and 'cones in my stylers, so it makes reading labels harder. ;)

Oh, and you're welcome for the reply! I hope it works well for you! $2 sounds like a great deal. Gotta love cheap products that work really well!
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Definitely gotta love cheap prices xD After all it IS the same product whether you pay more or less etc.

I'm always trying to find the most efficient products for the best price. Although I'm kindof alone in my house with going CG it was nice to come across this forum, even though I haven't posted before.
    Yup! I don't go for expensive products (unless it's something that agrees with my sensitive scalp -- then I'll spend a little extra!), so the cheaper it is, the better! I love all my cheapie gels and products. ;)

I'm a CG loner in my house, too. I live with a bunch of straighties! One is wavy, but likes to blow it out. (Surprisingly, her hair is still healthy!) So, you're not alone. What hair type are you, BTW?

Favorite...
    Oh what types of products do you use?

And yeah one sister is straight/SLIGHT waves and one is curly but doesn't really care much. Although I do give her my cone free conditioner to at least help some so.

And if I'm not mistaken I'm 2c/3a sortof? o.o I'm having trouble figuring out how to manage my hair though ._.

It WAS just past my waist but I wanted a little style so I went to the salon and she cut two inches of dead ends and, I'm not sure if you know about the cut where they brush everything straight up ontop of your head and snip like that? (I'll try and find a link with a pic) but that's what she did and I really liked it (it made the front slightly shorter then the back)

And then after a few months it was really long again so I went back to get the same thing done and she tooootttallly messed up my hair

She pulled the front (shortest part) and cut 3 inches off of that.... And used that as the marker for the rest of my head =.= I was like omg D: so it was basically 8 inches that was cut off AND the right half was longer then the left T____T (it was like...just in the middle of my "chest" area) I was so scarred!

But it's lower mid back (back of hip bone?) now so...I'm just not really sure what to do with it most times cause it goes flat at the top till my chin/shoulders THEN goes curly, but the curl CAN go right up to the top...I just...don't know how I should best cut/style it xP with the minimum amount of things you know?

Sorry this is so long by the way D:
    Oh what types of products do you use?

And yeah one sister is straight/SLIGHT waves and one is curly but doesn't really care much. Although I do give her my cone free conditioner to at least help some so.

And if I'm not mistaken I'm 2c/3a sortof? o.o I'm having trouble figuring out how to manage my hair though ._.

It WAS just past my waist but I wanted a little style so I went to the salon and she cut two inches of dead ends and, I'm not sure if you know about the cut where they brush everything straight up ontop of your head and snip like that? (I'll try and find a link with a pic) but that's what she did and I really liked it (it made the front slightly shorter then the back)

And then after a few months it was really long again so I went back to get the same thing done and she tooootttallly messed up my hair

She pulled the front (shortest part) and cut 3 inches off of that.... And used that as the marker for the rest of my head =.= I was like omg D: so it was basically 8 inches that was cut off AND the right half was longer then the left T____T (it was like...just in the middle of my "chest" area) I was so scarred!

But it's lower mid back (back of hip bone?) now so...I'm just not really sure what to do with it most times cause it goes flat at the top till my chin/shoulders THEN goes curly, but the curl CAN go right up to the top...I just...don't know how I should best cut/style it xP with the minimum amount of things you know?

Sorry this is so long by the way D:

I like LI condish -- it's my best friend. My hair likes lots of moisture. ;) I barely rinse out any conditioner in the shower and use that as LI. I also like layering my products. I've recently fallen in love with LOOB (Loreal Out of Bed Texturizing Gel-Cream) as a curl cream to use over my LI but under my gels. I haven't tried a whole lot of gels, but the one I liked best was La Bella Lots of Curls (SUPER cheap in Walmart, by the way -- $2 for a HUGE bottle!). I had to use a lot, as with any styler I use, because I have a LOT of hair, but it was perfect for me. I wouldn't buy it again, though, because it has protein in it, and my hair doesn't like too much of that. ;) (The joy of having coarse hair!)

Yup, I know that cut! It actually sounds like you could benefit from some long layers. I really prefer a dry cut, actually, because my hair curls up differently when it's dry than when it's wet -- my right side curls up farther than the left, and my underneath is straighter. For root curl, you may want to try the clipping techniques on here. I would give you a link, but there are SO many different clipping options, that it's probably better if you do a search and explore all of the options.

HTH!

Favorite...
    Oh my gosh I'm sorry I disappeared xP I was so busy with school.

Those look like good products I'll have to check some of them out! But is 'LI' conditioner stand for Leave In conditioner? Or...is that like...the name o.o

And I did try searching for hairstyles and stuff to do with style but I didn't know where to look or what to search for? D:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file