major frizz after protein treatment/DT

Hi,

I did a protein treatment followed by a deep conditioning (Shea Moisture). My hair is very soft, but it's just all frizz with NO curl definition. Is this normal following a protein treatment?

thanks !
Sherry

Comments

• RacerWife7RacerWife7 Posts: 895Registered Users Curl Novice
    I always do an ACV rinse in between the protein and conditioner. I get no frizz when I do that. ;)
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    Properties: Dense, Fine, Low Porosity, Low Elasticity
    My Picasa Album
    What I used in this photo:
    Cleansing: Suave Tropical Coconut Condish
    Conditioner: CJ Smoothing Condish
    Styling: CJCQ
    th_d963586e.jpg
  • NancyV908NancyV908 Posts: 108Registered Users
    RacerWife7 wrote: »
    I always do an ACV rinse in between the protein and conditioner. I get no frizz when I do that. ;)

RW:

I was going to ask you about this in a different thread. Does this mean when you're done with the PT, you just rinse it out & then do the ACV rinse (or rinse it out with the ACV), then condition? In other words, no shampoo or cowash in b/w the PT & the ACV?

I ask b/c my PT (Nexxus Emergencee) says to rinse, then shampoo, then condition. I've been cowashing rather than shampooing. I want to try a baking soda cleanse, then a PT--but I'm not clear on whether to do anything in b/w the PT & the ACV.

I know you use the CJ Repair Me as a PT (which I plan to try next), so maybe that has different directions...but I wanted to ask. Thanks! I know you've been answering a lot of questions on this lately.
    My properties
    Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Leave-in Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut; looking for a replacement for the no-longer-CG Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
    Gel Looking for a replacement for the discontinued LAL blue gel. Also thinking I need a low- or no-humectant gel for high-dew days, but haven't figured that one out.
  • sherry7899sherry7899 Posts: 897Registered Users
    Thanks, Janet! I'll the ACV rinse in between first. At what point in these treatments do you shampoo your hair?

BTW, your hair is absolutely gorgeous!! Your pictures make me very tempted to order Curl Junkie products when I have the money....

Sherry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file