PTs - SS, CJ Repair Me, and Elucence

LilaGirlLilaGirl Posts: 1,177Registered Users
So I've tried a few PTs - nothing seems to compare to Elucence Moisture Repair Treatment for me. So that's a definite. And I usually alternate it with SS PRT, which has always been good for me. But now I tried CJ Repair Me and really like it. I wonder how it compares to SS PRT. I think it has more protein? Not sure.

I like to do PTs once a week (I need to) ... so does it make sense to just kind of alternate them?
3b/fine/normal porosity/normal elasticity

LOVES behentrimonium methosulfate
(don't ask me to pronounce that!)

Want to grow it long again!
And simply want to figure out this hair of mine!

Comments

• RacerWife7RacerWife7 Posts: 895Registered Users Curl Novice
    I say... whatever works!! LOL! If switching them up works for you, then go for it. I never tried the Eucelence PT. And I don't really like the SS PT. So, I stick to RM. It works perfectly for my needs. ...Whatever works. ;)
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    Properties: Dense, Fine, Low Porosity, Low Elasticity
    My Picasa Album
    What I used in this photo:
    Cleansing: Suave Tropical Coconut Condish
    Conditioner: CJ Smoothing Condish
    Styling: CJCQ
    th_d963586e.jpg
  • MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I rotate a lot, cause of my allergies. Before going natural, I only did K-Pack by Joico, and that a couple times a year.

Since last year, I find i prefer the CJ RM over the Joico because (not that K-Pak is bad, just that I prefer avoiding the mineral oil now when I do this at home.)

I use whatever is at hand and I intuitively want to. I don't do protein treatments that often, cause i use lots of products WITH protein, so why overload? As long as I have spirals and hair is not showing damage or frizz, I don't do PT. I just let the protein in the products I use do their thang...

I think use the one that works best for you, be it CG or Not. In my philosophy, if it helps the hair and it looks good and doesn't damage it: do it.
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • LilaGirlLilaGirl Posts: 1,177Registered Users
    Thanks , Mir - your hair looks GORGEOUS in your avatar, BTW. what's in it there? Wow!!!

I am surprised by how much PTing I need. I use a lot of products with protein but I still need PT - otherwise I get overconditioned, blah, "crisp" frizz/tangled hair.

It's a little crazy keeping up with it. But I find Elucence light yet very very effective. CJ RM did a nice job the other day too with just my sample. So I will prob. Rotate.
    3b/fine/normal porosity/normal elasticity

LOVES behentrimonium methosulfate
    (don't ask me to pronounce that!)

Want to grow it long again!
    And simply want to figure out this hair of mine!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file