Darcy Botanical Peach kernel milk vs. Oyin Hair Dew

pjjosephgisspjjosephgiss Posts: 643Registered Users
Hey, Ladies:

Help me out. I have both products. Lovin' the hair dew, but I wanted to try the DB Peach Kernel milk. Any tips on use? Any preference of one over the other? Thanks in advance!
Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
Style- UFD, Camille Rose, Hello Curly, Kinky Curly
Sealant- Jamaican Black Castor and Avocado oils, Qhemet Biologics Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm
Will try any CG product at least once.
Proud to be a PJ!
:happy7::wave:

Comments

• EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I didn't find the Peach Kernel Milk moisturizing at all unless I used it on dry my. My wet hair did not like it, it likes the Dew way better.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    In my hair, both of these are quite comparable and act the same way, but my vote is that the peach kernel milk is a tad more moisturizing than the hair dew in my hair. Just a tad. I prefer the hair dew on dry hair and the kernel milk as a LI on wet hair.
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
    In my hair, both of these are quite comparable and act the same way, but my vote is that the peach kernel milk is a tad more moisturizing than the hair dew in my hair. Just a tad. I prefer the hair dew on dry hair and the kernel milk as a LI on wet hair.

***Faints***
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    My hair is iffy when it comes to castor oil and it likes water/aloe based and breathable oils better. That being said, the formulation of the DB Kernel milk is superior as its water, aloe juice, then the kernel oil, coconut, and jojoba vs the hair dew which has water, the castor oil, olive oil, and then AVG. Castor plus olive oil is alot for my hair to handle in one go. I'm just lower in the spectrum of low porosity types possibly. It doesn't sink in and stay when my hair is wet like the DB does. My dry hair likes it alot and I'm not sure what the difference is.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
    My hair is iffy when it comes to castor oil and it likes water/aloe based and breathable oils better. That being said, the formulation of the DB Kernel milk is superior as its water, aloe juice, then the kernel oil, coconut, and jojoba vs the hair dew which has water, the castor oil, olive oil, and then AVG. Castor plus olive oil is alot for my hair to handle in one go. I'm just lower in the spectrum of low porosity types possibly. It doesn't sink in and stay when my hair is wet like the DB does. My dry hair likes it alot and I'm not sure what the difference is.

Interesting...my hair usually hates anything with castor oil high on the list (like the Qhemet AOHC), so I was really surprised to like the Dew as much as I do. I think my hair has a thing for olive oil though...the Peach Kernel acted like a product that had too much oil on my wet hair - no slip, didn't absorb, etc...I guess some things just remain a mystery...I can say that when I use the Dew on wet hair I can't use a lot (which is easy to do because it seems so light) or it won't absorb and my hair will be nice and white lol.
    YouTube
  • JessicazFroJessicazFro Posts: 1,446Registered Users

Sent from my SPH-M920 using CurlTalk App

Great. I'll be spending more money. I wanted to try the DB milk anyway but didn't see it in curlmart. I like the Dew on clean, dry hair. It turns greasy/sticky on wet hair and dries crisp just like QBAOHC. It also doesn't work layered on any other buttery moisturizer.
    tex-laxed(pfffttt) :dontknow:
    Thick/coarse/low porosity/low elasticity
    4a/b cottony/spongy

At war with my indestructible, armadillo hair...MY WILL BE DONE!

imager.php?id=2689460&t=o GIFSoup
    :tongue:
  • curlyhersheygirlcurlyhersheygirl Posts: 475Registered Users
    On my hair the hair dew absorbs better and is a bit more moisturizing when used on wet hair than the hair milk.
    On dry hair they both provide the same level of moisture but DB's hair milk is a bit greasy to the touch.
  • quietstormquietstorm Posts: 148Registered Users
    I say get the Hair Dew. While the sent can be pretty strong, the Hair Dew is not as greasy as the Peach Kernel Milk. Both work pretty decent on my hair wet or dry.
    3c/4a mix with an annoying loose wavy area in crown.

Thick Strands, Medium Density, Normal Porosity

BC in Jan. 2009 after transitioning for about 2 yrs

Current Length: APL

Product Junkie
    . I have tried it all... well almost. :glasses8:

I
    ♥ Ayurveda!
    I'm scratching my head at this grease factor bc the consistency of mine isnt greasy at all. It absorbs rather quickly IMO. I have the glycerin free version, but I think that has liitle to do with it. Perhaps its formulation/batch issues?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
    I'm scratching my head at this grease factor bc the consistency of mine isnt greasy at all. It absorbs rather quickly IMO. I have the glycerin free version, but I think that has liitle to do with it. Perhaps its formulation/batch issues?
    Mine was the formula with glycerin, for the record. Perhaps that's the difference - sometimes glycerin can make a product feel greasy (even if it's not truly grease), so perhaps glycerin + all of the oils in the product makes it like this? Just wondering.
    YouTube
  • pjjosephgisspjjosephgiss Posts: 643Registered Users
    Thanks for the guidance. I will take the plunge with one, then the other, and report back....
    Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
    Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
    LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
    DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
    Style- UFD, Camille Rose, Hello Curly, Kinky Curly
    Sealant- Jamaican Black Castor and Avocado oils, Qhemet Biologics Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm
    Will try any CG product at least once.
    Proud to be a PJ!
    :happy7::wave:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file