wigs

SilverAngel45SilverAngel45 Posts: 244Registered Users
I want to try getting a wig for fun and protective styling.. All the wigs I see look like they are for older woman... Where do you all obtain your wigs? Also what do you do with your hair while you wear them?

Comments

• EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Most of mine I've just gotten from the BSS in my neighborhood. When I wear them, I braid my hair (not cornrows) and stick on my wig cap! Now that my hair is longer I've been looking at phony ponies...I want like an uber long one lol.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • justagurljustagurl Posts: 29Registered Users
    you can get wigs on line but I highly suggest you go and try them on...I like half wigs b/c u can leave some of your own natural hair out in the front and it looks more real. I like wigs b/c I like having long hair...right now my hair is only about 8-9 inches and I like to have at least 18! I usually cornrow my hair underneath...I used to have my friend do it for me but I've been doing it my self lately...it doesn't look as good but I'm getting better at it and it's not hard.

I've experimented with full lace wigs, the most I paid was $500 believe it or not..and the quality of the hair was superb, it was human and I still have the wig...it's been almost 3 years and it is actually still wearable. I got it at lovemylacewigs.com

I also have synthetic wigs that were around $30-50 a piece from the Janet line, and although it says to wash them, the one time I did wash a Janet wig it got super frizzy and the curls got nasty so I wear that wig to the gym lol. But I have some other wigs from Janet that have lasted for 3 months and still look really good. They're all synthetic and I haven't washed them. I highly suggest getting a wig head and only wearing it when you go out in public b/c the less it's on your head the longer it will last. Also if you wear a curly wig make sure you get a daily leave in conditioner. I use Aussie, it was 5 dollars and I spritz my wigs all the time..it helps keep things tame.

I hope this wasn't information overload for you, but this is what i've learned over my months of wig wearing. One day it will be all me...but until that day I'm happy rockin my wigs :)
    Check out My Youtube! :love7:

http://www.youtube.com/aminazena

Last Relaxer: Nov 6, 2009
    BC: June 20, 2010
  • SilverAngel45SilverAngel45 Posts: 244Registered Users
    Thanks guyz that really helped! I kind of want a Rihanna red wig with bangs but straight hair! Something completely diff to change it up without harming my hair...
  • ajnaajna Posts: 494Registered Users
    I get my wigs from the local bss and online. At present I really like hairwigharlem.com. I can get $13 wigs :happy8:

As for my hair underneath I like to wear two strand twists or I do a fake cornrow straight back. I also tend to use heavy moisturizers in my hair.

I am not a straight wig fan but I like this one...maybe in blue??
    FREETRESS EQUAL SYNTHETIC WIG RIHANNA
    Hair Type: 3c/4a/4b, fine, normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Ajnamhuja/
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    I tried on wigs last weekend and I just looked too silly...TOO SILLY. So I didn't get one
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
    coilynapp wrote: »
    I tried on wigs last weekend and I just looked too silly...TOO SILLY. So I didn't get one

You just have to find the right one :-)

ajna wrote: »

Yea. I know. I just didn't like how I looked in any of them. Eventually one day, I'll try again...maybe
    ajna wrote: »

Yea. I know. I just didn't like how I looked in any of them. Eventually one day, I'll try again...maybe

One thing I will say is it is rare for me to try a wig on right out of the box and like it. Usually I have to pull out the curls and cut it.

Good luck in your wig search!

^^^ I wasn't really "searching"

I'm getting back into PSing and I was at the BS and thought, "hmmm rather than putting in twists (which I do myself and takes a relatively long time), I can put some cornrows in (myself) and then wear a wig for a while"

I decided to do my kinky twists instead. A wig for another day...
  • SilverAngel45SilverAngel45 Posts: 244Registered Users
    I'll have to check that site out too... thanks :) I hope I like my wig without any playing around

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file