Bentonite clay: who has used it and will it loosen my curl?

AndalusionsAndalusions Posts: 22Registered Users
If you have used this clay and still are how much has it loosened your curl pattern if at all? Have you used Rhassoul(Ghassoul) or Sahara and how do they compare? I have used the Bentonite clay on my face and it has worked wonders. My face is smooth and clear, and my eczema is nonexistent on my face whereas before the use of BC it was horrible with dry flaky skin. I'm not ready to use it on my hair yet until I have more info and instruction from those who use it frequently. What has it done for your curl pattern? How long would I leave it in my hair? I would like to leave it in for at least three hours with a plastic cap. What moisturizers would be best for hair that is dry and thin? The product(s) has to be all natural. I'm a 4c curl type. With BC can I go from a 4c curl pattern to maybe a 3c or 3.

Comments

• Alice9nobaraAlice9nobara Posts: 34Registered Users
    I've used it several times before but, no, it didn't loosen my curl pattern. However, it made my hair much softer and silkier. I think that the only product that will turn 4c hair into 3 anything is a texturizer...
    ~Hair Goal~
    Shrinkage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :color:4bness!:color:

• DimePiece17DimePiece17 Posts: 521Registered Users
    Did you check youtube? When I was considering using this treatment to loosen my curls, I went onto youtube and found a review by a girl who used this treatment for 4-5 weeks straight. End result? same curl pattern.

People find that colorless Henna loosens curls more.

To get your hair to a 3c you'll want to do a brazilian keratin treatment. I'm 4a, and I'm a 3b/c now from BKTs. I just did the organix bkt ( formaldahyde free) ( sold at cvs) on my sister's 4a curls. She's still a 4a/3c but no frizz, and when she went into flat iron she was shocked that she barely had to use it.

Of course I'm not advocating that you do this treatment. just letting you know you don't have to go the relaxer/texturizer route to loosen your curls. Oh and that clay stuff doesn't work..lol
    Beauty Tips for the Budgetista?
    Check me out on Youtube, Tumblr, FB, and Twitter!
    DimepieceonaDime-FB PAGE, Youtube Channel, and Tumblr
    Dimefabulous-Twitter name
    http://dimepieceonadime.tumblr.com/
  • ajnaajna Posts: 494Registered Users
    I agree it does nothing to your curl pattern but make them pop more. I love the stuff I use it about once a month as a clarifier /shampoo. My hair always feels softer and more manageable after.
    Hair Type: 3c/4a/4b, fine, normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Ajnamhuja/
  • krazy coilskrazy coils Posts: 148Registered Users
    Betonite Clay does not loosen your curls. In my experience with using it, it actually tightens the curls and makes them pop as stated by Ajna.
    Also it is a clarifier so you do not want to leave this on your hair for three hours. The longest I leave it in my hair is 20-25 minutes.
    Last Relaxer: February 2009
    Big Chop: September 8, 2009
    Shampoo: Still Searching
    Conditioner:Nature's Gate Aloe Vera and Pomegranate Sunflower
    Deep Conditioner: Elucenc MBC
    CurrentProducts: Qhemets AOHC and OHHB, Oyin Hair Dew,Hemp Seed Oil, Castor Oil, Amla, Brahmi

Fotki:http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/
    Youtube
  • AndalusionsAndalusions Posts: 22Registered Users
    Thank you may be I will use this as well as what I have found that can loosen my curls. I found a site that gave me the answer to my question. I have been using this mix for a few months now and it has loosened my curls. I added my own ingredients as well. Just tell me if you want to know because its a lot. Here is the link to the site I found the mix on:

Is the Naturalaxer Just a Bentonite Clay Mix? | LongHairCareTips.com
    I put the clay on for 20-25 minutes and it dried in my hair and was hard to get out, I only leave it on while it is still wet which is like 10-15 minutes.
  • auntcurlyauntcurly Posts: 234Registered Users
    It's my understanding that you should not let it dry on your head. Last week I added slippery elm powder and mixed it with fenugreek water. The combo was awesome.

Just add a heaping Tablespoon slippery elm powder.

steep a heaping teaspoon of fenugreek powder in hot water add to clay mixture. Add more water as needed.

Again, don't let it dry on your hair. I leave mine on no longer than 20-25 minutes. If it looks like it's getting dry before then, I spritz with water.

Sometimes , less is more.
  • alsaxonalsaxon Posts: 734Registered Users
    If you have used this clay and still are how much has it loosened your curl pattern if at all? Have you used Rhassoul(Ghassoul) or Sahara and how do they compare? I have used the Bentonite clay on my face and it has worked wonders. My face is smooth and clear, and my eczema is nonexistent on my face whereas before the use of BC it was horrible with dry flaky skin. I'm not ready to use it on my hair yet until I have more info and instruction from those who use it frequently. What has it done for your curl pattern? How long would I leave it in my hair? I would like to leave it in for at least three hours with a plastic cap. What moisturizers would be best for hair that is dry and thin? The product(s) has to be all natural. I'm a 4c curl type. With BC can I go from a 4c curl pattern to maybe a 3c or 3.

First you are not going to go from a 4C to a 3C without some type of chemical. I've used Rhassoul and Bentonite on my hair before. Both seemed to loosen the curl but only temporarily. Once the hair dried it was the same texture as when I started. I was using them for cleansing purposes only not for loosening my curl. The bentonite felt good while it was on but my hair was like straw the next day. The Rhassoul did not dry my hair out but I didn't see much benefit to the treatments so I discontinued the treatments.
    Album: http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q165/alsaxon/Hair/

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." --- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
    Yes! I thought I would have to battle with dry clay again! Thanks auntcurly I will try this.
    alsaxon I found a recipe that has loosen my curls and its awesome. here is the link:

Is the Naturalaxer Just a Bentonite Clay Mix? | LongHairCareTips.com
    I have been using it weeklyand it works it has really loosened my curls buuuttt... the end result was dry hair :( very dry hair....any one know any good moisturizing products?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file