too old for no-poo?

lisa45lisa45 Posts: 31Registered Users
hello, its me again. just wonering since i found this site i started going no poo my hair is 3a-b waist lenghth, i will be trimming really soon. has highlights. so i tried a co wash with tea tree condish,and it left my hair very hard to comb(wide ) out. so i washed again last night only i used coconut mik condish sulfate free as was the tea tree and my tangles came out easier. follwed by an acv rinse. seems to have worked ok. oh and i didnt rince out the coconut milk condish with water i used the acv rince and then dried with a tshirt. does this sound like a no poo wash? please give me ur comments on what i did right or wrong thank you lisa45 ps am i to old to be trying the no poo methods?:angel5:

Comments

• eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I haven't used sulfate shampoo in four years. Be sure your conditioner is silicone free - no ingredients that end in 'cone or 'xane. You may need to use handfuls of conditioner to fully saturate your hair, depending on how long and thick your hair is. I don't often put conditioner on my scalp, only on the length, but I do use a scalp brush. And I use a wide tooth comb to comb out the conditioner under running water. Then I add styling products.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,765Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I haven't used shampoo in years and most of my friends think I must have dirty hair. I use Suave conditioner as I would a shampoo then I use a more moisturizing conditioner. I rinse most of it out then put in my styling products.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • bunniee23bunniee23 Posts: 228Registered Users
    If you haven't already, you might want to read the starter guide to no poo here:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/trying-shampoo-free-method/14702-introduction-no-poo-method.html

I don't think anyone is too old to stop using shampoo. If anything, many of us experience increased dryness in our skin and hair as we get older. All the more reason to stop using harsh cleansers!
    Type 2b. Wash: WEN pomegranate or fig. Leave-in conditioner: Alaffia beautiful curls for wavy hair, Spiral Solutions Protein spray. Style: Curls In A Bottle, Ecostyler, or KCCC.
  • banjocurlbanjocurl Posts: 1,031Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    lisa45 wrote: »
    hello, its me again. just wonering since i found this site i started going no poo my hair is 3a-b waist lenghth, i will be trimming really soon. has highlights. so i tried a co wash with tea tree condish,and it left my hair very hard to comb(wide ) out. so i washed again last night only i used coconut mik condish sulfate free as was the tea tree and my tangles came out easier. follwed by an acv rinse. seems to have worked ok. oh and i didnt rince out the coconut milk condish with water i used the acv rince and then dried with a tshirt. does this sound like a no poo wash? please give me ur comments on what i did right or wrong thank you lisa45 ps am i to old to be trying the no poo methods?:angel5:

lisa you crack me up. after being CG for over 6 years it gets simpler. at night after swimming i co wash with suave naturals, use a LOT of it since it is only $1.50 for a 25 oz bottle, use some honey with it. detangle w wide tooth comb while CO is in, then rinse, then scrunch excess moisture out in shower and use either boots or garnier body boost CO as a leave in. no gel or anything else for me. i plop and then scrunch, then plop some more, sleep plopped. shower time=10 min. first plop while i do lotion etc, scrunch. 2nd plop, this stage is another 15min. then just do my usual stuff and go to bed eventually...comes out good in the morning.
    Susan suburban NY
    3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
    CG since 11/11/04
    http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
    PW: banjo
    HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
  • lisa45lisa45 Posts: 31Registered Users
    Thank u for ur help. I have been doing the no pop. I looked up plopping and pineappling. I just don't understand either of them. I know I should probly. Understand this but I don't can u explain plopping maybe with a shirt or scrunchies if u can use either of those. Thanks for ur time and patientcience with me. Oh yea at 11 am I getting a hair cut. Pretty nervous. Just gonna do a little at a time so I don't shock myself lol. Lisa45

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file