highlights verse going gray

lisa45lisa45 Posts: 31Registered Users
hello ladies, ive notice most are you are transitioning to gray. to hide my grays which are noticable when they do come in. not too many. i started highliting. my hair is brown and now has carmel highlights going thru it. when the roots start showing then its time for a hair appt. i realize this monthly or bi monthly trip to the salon can get pricy. but i am in know way ready or am not sure if i will ever go gray. i hope this doesnt offend anyone? ive seen photos of some of the women that are going with thei gray locks and they all look fantastic! im 45yr. but am in know way ready to take that journy. i blieve im not comfortable within myself yet. so for now i will stick to highlights. does anybody else go with highlights in place of gray? id like to know if ther is some out ther doing the highlight thing. just how long they plan to do this for thanks lisa45:love1:

Comments

• jfontesjfontes Posts: 4Registered Users
    I too do highlights, I'm over 50 with grey just coming in and I lov that the highlights help hide the grey strands.:compress:
  • kerri21kerri21 Posts: 5Registered Users
    i am young and i have natural high i have lots of grey hairs.
  • lizpiperlizpiper Posts: 20Registered Users
    I'm over 50 and am still in denial! Most of my hair is brown with some "salt" coming in, but around my face it wants to be solid white. :-| So I still color. I wish it would all change evenly, but if wishes were horses...
    Total Newbie!
    Hair: Dry, coarse, porous, 3b/c, dense, and strong-willed

Found a Ouidad salon!
    Carve/Slice really lightened up my curls
    Hair's really dry - need regular DT
    Conditioner got the tangles out!

Results:
    Improving
  • CMCTLCCMCTLC Posts: 1Registered Users
    I am also 45 and currently coloring my hair every 4 - 6 weeks. I've been thinking about cutting it to shoulder length and adding highlights. My hair is currently mid-back length/medium brown in color with lots of silver coming in. So undecided!!
  • curly kikicurly kiki Posts: 42Registered Users
    CMCTLC wrote: »
    I am also 45 and currently coloring my hair every 4 - 6 weeks. I've been thinking about cutting it to shoulder length and adding highlights. My hair is currently mid-back length/medium brown in color with lots of silver coming in. So undecided!!

I am 43 and have naturally dark brown hair. I started going grey in my early 20s and i currently color every 6 to 8 weeks. Highlights definitely help me go longer between colors.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file