Question about Robert Craig

redheadtechieredheadtechie Registered Users Posts: 4
Hello,

I want to re-color my hair after getting an all over color at a salon during Christmas time. It's beginning to fade, even though it still has a reddish tint to it. (I've only done all over color that one time; highlights I had done years ago.)

I am hearing different things about Robert Craig, and was interested because it seems a bit cheaper and more convenient than going to a salon. (I'd want to get the same darker reddish/auburn color I had before).

Here's photos of my hair before and after the salon all over color, and the color I want to achieve again.

Before:
me2.jpg

After:
me1.jpg

Am I supposed to get a color a shade or two lighter than what I want? I was looking at and liking the RC colors #10 (Medium Mahogany) and #9 (Dark Mahogany).

The conditioner seemed to be suitable for my hair since I see it contains no Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, but when I style my hair I use castor oil and Fruit of the Earth %100 Aloe Vera Gel, along with Unite "Boing" Curling Creme. I've heard that anything with heavy oils will take out the color. Would this be true if I continued to use these products after coloring?

My last concern is how well RC does on all-over color and what people's experiences have been with all over color.

Thanks! Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Registered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
    Hello,

I want to re-color my hair after getting an all over color at a salon during Christmas time. It's beginning to fade, even though it still has a reddish tint to it. (I've only done all over color that one time; highlights I had done years ago.)

I am hearing different things about Robert Craig, and was interested because it seems a bit cheaper and more convenient than going to a salon. (I'd want to get the same darker reddish/auburn color I had before).

Here's photos of my hair before and after the salon all over color, and the color I want to achieve again.

Before:
    me2.jpg

After:
    me1.jpg

Am I supposed to get a color a shade or two lighter than what I want? I was looking at and liking the RC colors #10 (Medium Mahogany) and #9 (Dark Mahogany).

The conditioner seemed to be suitable for my hair since I see it contains no Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, but when I style my hair I use castor oil and Fruit of the Earth %100 Aloe Vera Gel, along with Unite "Boing" Curling Creme. I've heard that anything with heavy oils will take out the color. Would this be true if I continued to use these products after coloring?

My last concern is how well RC does on all-over color and what people's experiences have been with all over color.

Thanks! Any help is appreciated.
    It's hard to tell from the 2nd pic because of the lack of flash (looks a bit yellow). So what undertone do you want-- cool/blue or warm/orange? You mentioned you wanted auburn (warm) but you like the mahogany shades (cool).

What do you think of the Coppery Golden Blonde? It looks similar to your pic.

LMK and I can help you choose a color. :)

As far as how it lasts, I apply to roots only every 4-5 weeks for gray (you may need to touch up less often, just as it shows too much growth). I color the whole length about every 5 months or so, it lasts that long. It really doesn't seem to fade much on me, but the reds may (like all reds).

You might be able to use your products without too much fading, it's hard to tell. The good thing is that if it does fade too much, you can safely recolor again, then just try other products. I haven't looked at the curl creme, but I'd be more concerned about the castor oil. But come to think of it, one of the gels I rotate has jojoba oil and I've never seen a problem.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file