delete

curlicarlycurlicarly Registered Users Posts: 242 Curl Connoisseur
edited October 2018 in Coloring Your Hair
---
3b/c coarse, porous (I think), and THICK! Mod CG since: 10/11/08
Avoiding humectants and protein!

Comments

• NynaveyNynavey Registered Users Posts: 20
    I had bright red highlights put through my hair a few times and got compliments all the time on it. Click here for a photo: Red Highlights | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

3057521556 It's straightened in these photos but when left curly the red really set off the definition of the curls. It also tended to clump around certain locks of curl like my hair naturally did. I'm sure it would depend somewhat on what kind of curls you have, but try to imagine any regular highlight/lowlight done at a salon, only red, blue, pink, etc. It's going to weave into the regular colored hair in the same way, only it may stand out more depending on the color and the contrast. Good luck, and post a photo when you decide!
    3a/3b hair, baby fine texture, just past shoulders
    Currently returning to a CO routine
  • jbaybayyjbaybayy Registered Users Posts: 38
    Oooh, I had pink! I have 2c/3aish though...I have a couple pics, but my hair is straight in one and kind of wavy (no product) in another...and it's blurry :/
  • AllSpiceAllSpice Registered Users Posts: 20 Curl Connoisseur
    I have highlights now. They started a purple shade, but faded to pink (it's been about 4 months since I had them done).

I actually loved them because I don't feel like there's a lot that you can do with curly hair if you like to keep it long.

Straight:

[URL="http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/Denali_/Miscellaneous/IMG_6247.jpg]"]th_IMG_6247.jpg[/URL]

Curly:
    th_DSCN0580.jpg
    3B, fine, high porosity, highlighted hair
  • nes223nes223 Registered Users Posts: 347
    This is making me want want some!
    -nes
    3a/3b
  • bluesheepbluesheep Registered Users Posts: 300
    Go for it! I have mostly 3b hair, and I have intense violet blue highlights. Unfortunately, I don't have pix available at the moment - my camera's been on the fritz. If you decide to take the plunge, my advice is to keep them chunky. I think it looks better on curly hair than highlighting smaller pieces. Just my two cents. :)

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    3b/3a, medium porosity, slightly coarse, high elasticity, high density. CG 2004; mod CG since 2006. CG again since 4/1/11.

Lowpoo:
    Gudonya Salty Dawg (etsy), SM Moisture Retention
    CO: Gudonya Intense (etsy), SM Restorative, Tresemme Naturals
    LI: Gudonya IHC, SMCH Milk, Tresemme Nat, Biotera LI
    Stylers (current rotation): AVG/H20 spray, Eco Styler, EVCO, SMCH smoothie and mist, La Bella LoC, ORS Lock & Twist.
    Homemade DTs, PTs and Pre-Poos
    Love flour sack towels.
    Coconut oil = magic!
  • MoonlitCurlsMoonlitCurls Registered Users Posts: 39
    Did you get them done at all? I had semi-chunky red highlights done all over and I liked the weaving of red and my darker brown/black. I would've added more except I wanted full on red hair. I've always wanted blue and/or purple hair, though. :toothy8:
    3b, irregularly dyed, thick, normal porosity, medium-fine texture, normal elasticity [per CW profile]

** Mod-CG **
    Low poo: YtC, SM C&S
    RO: YtCu, GVP conditioning balm
    PT: GVP reconstructor
    DT: GVP conditioning balm, Kevin Murphy born again masque
    Current stylers: Biotera curl creme, SM C&S milk, Ion color defense/HETT/Aussie opposites attract mousses

No HG! :sad11:

Don't like to layer products. Don't like heavy products. Need to experiment with gels & FSG!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file