feeling embarressed

lisa45lisa45 Posts: 31Registered Users
hello, im just wondering if any of u feel like i do? ive got almost waist length hair 3a/b, dark brown with caramel highlights. i personally love my hair its thick. when i was very young up until now ive always been self conscious about my hair, be cuz it always gets poofy. i use to blow it straight for years, i loved it. now that im older i love the wqy it is. my hairdresser says i have run wayhair. people do compliment me on it. but i feel like im always being stared at. im wondering if its bcuz im older? they like it? they think i look terrible with so much hair? ireally love my hair. iit took me a long time yo learn to embrace it. now im wondering why ppl stare at me. i thought of putiing a photo of my hair to get ppls thoughts on this site. im afraid to hear what the outcomewill be. my husband likes my hair. should i care what oyher ppl think? please give me some thoughts on this. lisa45

Comments

• 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think you should try to not care so much what other people think. If you like your hair - then rock it as it is!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• GracingsGracings Posts: 43Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Rock it, for sure!
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Posts: 1,731Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    lisa45 wrote: »
    ...... ireally love my hair........my husband likes my hair. should i care what oyher ppl think? please give me some thoughts on this. lisa45

That's all you need to know!
    You love your hair
    Your husband loves your hair
    It's YOUR hair

You already know the answer.
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
  • wavyblondewavyblonde Posts: 1,637Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'll be honest and say long hair ages some people. Having a lot of hair can visually pull down the face for some. And super long hair with no layers usually doesn't look good on anyone, IMO. But it could be that your hair looks great on you, and that people are just looking at pretty hair, and it attracts attention because it's unique.

If you want to post a pic, I'll give you an honest opinion on whether I think it's flattering. It'll just be one person's opinion, but I don't have any stake in you cutting it or keeping it long, and it might give you some insight into what others might be thinking.
    2c/3a with 2b underlayer. Fine, porous. Loves protein. But not hydrolized wheat protein. Yuck.

Wash: WEN Sweet Almond Mint or Pomegranate
    Gels: LA Looks Sport Gel
    Mousse: Tigi Catwalk Curlesque
    Curling creams/gellies: Coffee Coco Curling Cream Lite, Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly, Curls Gel-les'c
    SOTC: JC N&S (LOVE)
    http://public.fotki.com/wavyblonde/hair-2010/
  • lisa45lisa45 Posts: 31Registered Users
    Thanks for the posts! since i started this site and even b4 that, ive been thinking about cutting my hair not short of course mabe a couple inches then have him frame it around my face some. maybe put a few layers in it. he says he cuts by degrees not the number of layers. so on april 7 im going in for a little more than just a trim. i feel im ready to get it cut slowly. i told my stylist im willing to do it a lil at a time when i go in for my highlights. i wont just jump into cutting it all off at once. hes very understanding and said whatever i want to do will do. mayb then i will have more confidence in myself then i will feel comfortable posting a pic. by the way can anyone out there tell me how to go about posting photos? oh and id like an avatar too! thank for listening everyone lisa45
    thanks wavyblonde u really got me wondering. as soon as i trim my hair i will post a picture if i can get help to learn how to post. thanx 4 ur time lisa45
  • wavyblondewavyblonde Posts: 1,637Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Lisa,

If you click on your name up in the upper left corner of the page, it will take you to a profile page. You'll see a link on that page that will let you upload an avatar picture. It'll say, "Upload Your CurlAvatar." Then you can just click on that button and upload a pic from your computer.

To post pics, you can either create a fotki album at fotki.com and post the link in your sig for people to click on, or you can click on the photo icon in the reply field and upload a picture from a site like photobucket. Those sites are both free, and are pretty easy to use. You'll just click to upload pics to your computer, then copy the "direct link" field underneath the pic, and paste it into the field on this site that appears when you click on the photo icon. I hope that makes sense!
    2c/3a with 2b underlayer. Fine, porous. Loves protein. But not hydrolized wheat protein. Yuck.

Wash: WEN Sweet Almond Mint or Pomegranate
    Gels: LA Looks Sport Gel
    Mousse: Tigi Catwalk Curlesque
    Curling creams/gellies: Coffee Coco Curling Cream Lite, Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly, Curls Gel-les'c
    SOTC: JC N&S (LOVE)
    http://public.fotki.com/wavyblonde/hair-2010/
    thanks so much for the info on getting pictures and an avatar on to this site. you help is much appreciated! ive come up with something else also. as i start cutting my hair ive picked out a piece of my hair that appears longer than the rest. well anyway im going to tell my hair guy that i dont want him to cut that piece off. i want to see how long my hair can get. its kinda also becuz i dont wann let go of my hair yet. something like a security blanket lol. since my hair is curly u wont be able to really notice the long piece.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file