Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

creativelicensecreativelicense Posts: 422Registered Users
Hello fellow curly girls (and guys!). I thought I'd share a recipe I found and modified for Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. I made it 3 weeks in a row and it lasted only a few days in my apartment between myself and my boyfriend. Enjoy!

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

¼ cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2-3 bananas, mashed (1 cup mashed banana)
1 cup chocolate chips
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional, more if desired)

PREPARATION
Pre-heat the oven to 350°F

Grease and flour a 8 1/2-inch x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan (or use baking spray)

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon if using. In a separate bowl wisk together the oil, bananas and eggs. Pour the wet mixture of oil, banana, and egg into the bowl of dry ingredients.
Add the chocolate chips, walnuts if using, and stir until just combined (do not overmix!) and pour into the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 70-80 minutes. Cool the loaf in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out and cool completely, right side up.
Curl Style: 3b/3c
Texture: Fine
Porosity: Normal

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut
RO: GVP CB
Styling: As I Am Leave In, Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets & Confident Coils, DevaCurl Set Me Up, Curl Keeper
Gel: Ecostyler Olive Oil, BioSilk RHG

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    yum!!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    This recipe kept catching my eye. I had to copy it over to my recipe file to try some time. Sounds delicious!
    3b/c
  • liza08liza08 Posts: 7Registered Users
    I'm craving for chocolate chips banana bread, your post is so yummy. I really love chocolates. Thanks for the recipe, I will make it soon.:happy7:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file