CurlTalk

What would you call me, politically?

AmandacurlsAmandacurls Posts: 6,252Registered Users
I've been thinking a lot about this lately. I normally define myself as a Republican. I lean more towards conservative issues when it comes to fiscal policies, gun rights, etc. On social issues though, I'm much more moderate or liberal. I'm pro-choice, I'm a feminist, I'm pro-gay marriage, I believe there should be a separation of church and state. I'm more of an issue by issue voter, I don't vote a straight ticket. Would I be identified more as moderate? Thoughts?

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    No, you're liberal.

Liberals aren't fiscally irresponsible. Conservatives just like to lie about that.

I like guns too, and don't want to take away our rights to own them, yet I'm a liberal.
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    You sound Libertarian.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • missbanjomissbanjo Posts: 3,088Registered Users
    I was going to say Libertarian but misspam beat me to it.

My leanings sound a lot like yours, although where the "Liberals aren't fiscally irresponsible" crack came from by RCW I have no idea.
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    missbanjo wrote: »
    My leanings sound a lot like yours, although where the "Liberals aren't fiscally irresponsible" crack came from by RCW I have no idea.

It came from the fact that the only 2 administrations that balanced the federal budget in the last 50 years were Democrats...Johnson and Clinton. The last Republican administration to preside over a balanced budget was Eisenhower.

Leave a Comment