CurlTalk

What can I do with rice

curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
I made a load of rice during my experiments with cooking the stuff. I have quite a bit of long grain white rice hanging about and I'm bored of eating it plain, fried with veggies and as it is with veggies. I'm especially bored with it in my lunches. I need to do something with it but I'm not sure what.

Please help by adding your rice recipes!
Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    Rice pudding
    Kheer (Indian rice pudding)
    paella
    Chicken in Peanut Tomato Sauce (over rice)
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.congocookbook.com%2Fchicken_recipes%2Fchicken_in_peanut_tomato_sauce.html" class="Popup
    *I've had this with crab and lamb instead of chicken too and it's delicious.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
    I soaked some in chicken stock and it's given it a nice subtle flavour.

I love Paella so I'll have a go with that one day and the Chicken in Peanut Tomato sauce.

Thanks Phoenix!
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users
    Use as a filling for stuffed bell peppers.. you can add in any veggies, beans, and/or meats you like with the rice.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • KookyCurlKookyCurl Posts: 1,980Registered Users
    I use it in my chicken burritos or as a base for my chosen meat for things like that (basically burrito without the tortilla). Add beans, chosen spices and toppings. I usually take to work dissembled, heat the filling and then put it in the tortilla.

Use instead of pasta in a soup.

add some spices to use it as a side. A little olive oil and some fresh herbs would be good (I saw a recipe for this with quinoa and thought it would be good with rice too).

Are you adding any sauces when you fry it with Veggies?
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users
    In addition to the above, I like to make a curry or chili and serve it over rice.
  • Washington10Washington10 Posts: 4Registered Users
    Hi,,,
    Bored of eating the rice alone try these recipes with the recipes
    Chicken Carey
    Yoghurt
    Shaslik.
    boot camps in orlando
    Old age is the most unexpected of things that can happen to a man.