where are my curls???

curlyevecurlyeve Registered Users Posts: 4
i have been flat ironing my hair for 6 months now and recently decided to go back to curly...well i cut 4 inches off and my curls arent coming back! can anyone please tell me what i can do to bring them back? any advice will be appreciated.

Comments

• SYBSYB Registered Users Posts: 305 Curl Neophyte
    Try a curl activating product. Two good ones are Proclaim Curl and Wave Activator Gel(Sold at Sally's), and Smooth N Shine's Activator Gel(sold just about everywhere).
    "Curls Tester"
    Products in my current regime: Nioxin Scalp Therapy Shampoo, ORS Replenishing Pak, Curls Whipped Cream, Curls Souffle, Curls Spiral Curls Cream, Curls Milkshake, Curls Quenched, BB(Bonner Brothers) Growth Lotion
  • katethegreatkatethegreat Registered Users Posts: 801
    How long was your hair before you cut 4 inches off? Some people's hair gets curlier as it gets longer. Did you flatiron it every day? If your hair is dry/damaged, try really loading up on the conditioner, maybe even using a leave-in. Some people also seem to get more curl in their hair using microfiber towels.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us."
    -Marianne Williamson
  • curlyevecurlyeve Registered Users Posts: 4
    my hair was down to my lower back..now its above my shoulders..i was flatironing it every other day. i appreciate the advice u guys gave me..im going to try the leave in conditioner and the curl products...i hope to get my curls back soon :)
  • BootieluvsButtBootieluvsButt Registered Users Posts: 46
    I feel your pain as well. i got my hair flat iron at the SALON and I washed it and my curls did not come back. I put a sew-in and took it out after 10 weeks and half of my natural hair is straight and will not revert back. I will try the aphogee treatment and some that the others suggested tomorrow.
    4a Transitioner. 80% natural
    "There is nothing to hard for the Lord."
    I love you baby, till we meet again.
  • curlyevecurlyeve Registered Users Posts: 4
    what is the aphogee treatment? and let me know if it worked for you..did u try cutting your hair at all? i miss my curls..i want them back too
  • m9990m9990 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Does getting you natural hair flat ironed too much make your hair permanetly straight?
    I decided that I wanted to go natural and haven't had a relaxer since Sept 05'. I have to go to school and everything and don't feel comfortable with the whole fro thing yet. People who did my braids did then too tight and my hair was falling out sooooo I decided to get it presses out at the salon every two weeks. I have noticed that hair in certain places are straight as if I had a relaxer and I don't want that! So what should I do to get my curls back? Should I cut my hair and start all over?! Please help!
  • m9990m9990 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Does getting you natural hair flat ironed too much make your hair permanetly straight?
    I decided that I wanted to go natural and haven't had a relaxer since Sept 05'. I have to go to school and everything and don't feel comfortable with the whole fro thing yet. People who did my braids did them too tight and my hair was falling out sooooo I decided to get it pressed out at the salon every two weeks. I have noticed that hair in certain places are straight as if I had a relaxer and I don't want that! So what should I do to get my curls back? Should I cut my hair and start all over?! Please help!
  • BootieluvsButtBootieluvsButt Registered Users Posts: 46
    Curlyeve, the aphogee is a protein treatment that says that it will repair the worst damaged hair. I did this and it did not repair my so-called heat damage. I will try the aphogee keratin reconstructor this weekend which says that it reapairs heat damaged hair and restore elasticity. I hope this works because I definately do not want to cut off all the hair which I just grew for 2 years.
    4a Transitioner. 80% natural
    "There is nothing to hard for the Lord."
    I love you baby, till we meet again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file