Desperate 2a help!

.WiLd.WaVeS..WiLd.WaVeS. Posts: 5Registered Users
I have 2a waves that really like to do the opposite that i want them to. I used to get really good curls that i loved but for some reason my hair is crap lately. I used to use Kinky-Curly curling custard and i LOVED it. But it's like $30... I don't have any anymore and everything i try now makes me want to constantly straiten my hair. I did the beach waves thing today by just spraying my hair with salt water and slightly scrunching and that looked pretty good. But other than that i need some major help...:sad1:

Comments

• XhahaXhaha Posts: 80Registered Users
    My hair seems to do that alot! Here's a trick get some curls up product it's in a yellow bottle then run some through your hair then take big or small sections of hair ( depending how tight of a curl u want ) and twist It around ur finger. Do this to ur entire head and let it air dry. If u try this let me know how it works for u!
  • .WiLd.WaVeS..WiLd.WaVeS. Posts: 5Registered Users
    Thanks!:) I think I'll try the twisting thing tomorrow with FSG (that's all i have now).
    Make sure u tell me how it works for you please
  • .WiLd.WaVeS..WiLd.WaVeS. Posts: 5Registered Users
    Sorry it took me forever to reply. Computer issues.
    Any way i got the gell and twisted it in like you suggested, but i wasn't too happy with the results. My hair was barely wavy. I tried scrunching it in then plopping and diffusing and that gave me pretty nice curls. I really like the smell of it though.
    Thanks for telling me yea I plop my hair alot but I never difuse it... I guess I would fall under then definition of insane trying something over and over again expecting different results yea that's mr I always get crazy curls when I plop my hair.... But also as a side note I've heard that if u use the technique that I told u about before then u wait till it's like 50% dry then u lightly difuse it that helps!
  • Mermaidhead?!Mermaidhead?! Posts: 5Registered Users
    Could anyone help me too?
    Im a 2b/2c teen, and im never happy with my natural hair and I really want to be!

My hair is medium to high porosity, and very thick. Ive found that layers help my curls, but I still have a long way to go to make it perfect. I have waves with tiny curlson its ends on the bottom and straight hair that flips up on top. kinda awkward lol.

I really want to try cg. But idk if itd work. The only thing that works on my hair, ive found, is heat (irons and rollers). This it to make my hair even.

so what products do you think I could use to begin my CG journey? I have my hair as my avatar but I can upload another photo if youd like. Thank you! :)
    Long, wavy, CRAZY hair!
    Love/hate realationship...

CWC Wahser, but trying to go CG
    Current Products:
    Miss Jessies Super Slip Shampoo
    Miss Jessies Creme de la Creme Condish
    Bumble and Bumble Sunday (once a week)
    Suggestions???:angel9:
    Going to try renpure stuff soon...

I LOVE DUCKS! Lol
    :duckie::duckie::duckie:
    PRODUCTS= * SUDZZ frizz eliminator or bio silk * deva curl set it free and believe in * curls up ( I like the moose of this not the gel) * bed head foxy curls ( it's a cream and is good for twisting hair or keeping down frizz) * dove curl moose ( not the exact name srry)
  • anonymous_58885anonymous_58885 Posts: 75Registered Users
    drugstore products: Finesse Curl Defining Mousse(abt. $3.00), Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Gel(Abt. $2.50), LA Looks Mega Mega Hold Gel($1.75-$2.50 depending on where you buy)

DS leave-ins: Garnier Fructis Sleek&Shine(abt. $3.00), VO5 Detangle&Shine spray($2.00), Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Split End Mender($3.50), Aveeno Nourish+Shine Smoothing Creme($8.00), and for a more exspensive one, Hair One Cleansing Conditioner w/ Olive Oil..$12.00 @ Sally's.

Conditioner: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition($3.00), Aussie Sydney Smooth($3.00), Renpure Organics: My Pretty Hair Is Parched! Moisturizing conditioner($7.00) Organix Moroccan Argan Oil($8.00)

Shampoo: not sure if you use it but I looove Paul Mitchell Shampoo One, gentle sulfate(Sodium Laureth) and lasts a long time. it's about $10.00 for 16.9oz of product.

Try one of those hair turban towels, too. It really helps boost my curl pattern. my hair is like yours, 2a/2b without product, but with any of those^^^ it's 2c/3a/3b. Fine/Medium texture, Medium Density, low porosity
    Paul Mitchell Shampoo One

Hair One Cleansing Conditioner (Olive Oil)

Dove Nourishing Curls Whipped Cream Mousse

Not CG

Don't use leave-in conditioner

Straighten hair occasionally. I use Organix Brazilian Keratin Flat Iron Spray to protect from heat damage.

mostly 2b, some 2c, 3a on rare days. Low porosity, medium density, fine texture.
  • anonymous_58885anonymous_58885 Posts: 75Registered Users
    Could anyone help me too?
    Im a 2b/2c teen, and im never happy with my natural hair and I really want to be!

My hair is medium to high porosity, and very thick. Ive found that layers help my curls, but I still have a long way to go to make it perfect. I have waves with tiny curlson its ends on the bottom and straight hair that flips up on top. kinda awkward lol.

I really want to try cg. But idk if itd work. The only thing that works on my hair, ive found, is heat (irons and rollers). This it to make my hair even.

so what products do you think I could use to begin my CG journey? I have my hair as my avatar but I can upload another photo if youd like. Thank you! :)

CG didn't work for me at all, and we have basically the same hair properties, but mine's low porosity. If ya wanna try it though, I'd recommend a clarifying conditioner for CO washing, like vo5 Vanilla Mint Tea, and a thicker, richer conditioner for your rinse-out, like Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition.

Or try a cleansing conditioner like WEN, or Hair One(from Sally's) Don't get the H.O. Olive Oil though...made my hair fall out. Try the kind w/ Argan Oil for curly hair.

btw, you have GORGEOUS hair! :) I honestly don't see anything wrong with it.

Hope I helped! xx
    Paul Mitchell Shampoo One

Hair One Cleansing Conditioner (Olive Oil)

Dove Nourishing Curls Whipped Cream Mousse

Not CG

Don't use leave-in conditioner

Straighten hair occasionally. I use Organix Brazilian Keratin Flat Iron Spray to protect from heat damage.

mostly 2b, some 2c, 3a on rare days. Low porosity, medium density, fine texture.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file