CheetaraCheetara Posts: 2,182Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Gwyneth Paltrow

PdSm6.jpg

Mila Kunis
110228_OSCARS_MilaKunis.jpg

Christian Bale

4356438.bin?size=620x400
Sort of CG sometimes, but not really
2B, medium? normal porosity and elasticity?

Cleansers -
Suave Clarifying, Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful

Stylers - BRHG, re:coil, Ion Hairspray

I live in the NYC area.

Comments

• WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Neither dress particularly floats my boat - they aren't terrible, just sorta . . . meh. Gwyneth's is the better of the two, I think, based on those little pics.

Don't like Bale's red beard, but maybe it's for a role.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    Don't love any of it, especially not the beard. Bale claims it's from unemployment.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • KookyCurlKookyCurl Posts: 1,980Registered Users
    I really like Gwyneth's dress. I think the angle and flash aren't flattering but it's gorgeous on her.

Mila, well great color, but I don't like the cut outs and the neckline is just silly.

Christian, I like it much better when the hair is loose. It may be from unemployment but the hair with the beard gives him a reckless pirate/musketeer/romance novel hero look that's pretty sexy. It makes him look like a character from romantic fiction. Pulled back like that just makes him look like some dude from a biker bar all dressed up.
  • eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Christian, to me, always looks like he needs a bath ala Matthew McConaughey and Johnny Depp. :puker:
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    Gwyneth - yawn city: 1
    Mila - love the dress, love the color, love the hair, makeup, and simple jewelry: 10
    Christian - horrible: 0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    Oh, misspam, so nice to see you agree about Mila. That dress is perfection!
    Gwyneth's dress is awful. It's boring and as we say in the DR, it makes her look like a yuca --- no curves, no actual waist to be seen. Very unflattering. Hair is bad as well.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    Saria wrote: »
    Oh, misspam, so nice to see you agree about Mila. That dress is perfection!
    Gwyneth's dress is awful. It's boring and as we say in the DR, it makes her look like a yuca --- no curves, no actual waist to be seen. Very unflattering. Hair is bad as well.

Great minds think alike! :thumbup:

Her dress looked fabulous from every angle. I especially like the back:

Mila-Kunis-109477992-419x617.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Mila was one of my favorites of the night, and before seeing the picture I would have given her a 10. I don't like the see-through/cutout/whatever trend going on, and would have to lower her a couple points for that - but didn't notice it live.

Gwyneth - 5. I love her, I hate her award show fashion in that it's so BOOOOOOOOORING. Gwyneth, you're a beautiful woman and have gotten better with age - stop hiding that fact! She's so monochrome and shapeless there. Slender and not very curvy is something to celebrate as well, and can look womanly and beautiful - but she dresses as if she's 10 and hasn't hit puberty yet.

Christian? Big fat 0. The beard mismatch with the hair isn't his fault, but still looks awful. He looks like a slob. And the fact he's reportedly a jerk just eliminates any pity points he would have gotten.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Paltrow, 5. The dress is nice, but boring, and it does make her waist disappear.

I would have given Kunis a 5 based on the first pic because that neckline looks so stupid in that first pic. The dress looks great from the back though. her hair looks better in the back too, lol. So, she gets upgraded to a 7.

I'm also not the biggest fan of pale people in pale dresses since in can look monochromatic.

Bale always gets a 10 from me. I have a big weak spot for him.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Can add an after party one? FFS Madonna, you are not Lady Gaga. Stop looking and being desperate.

Madonna-and-Lourdes-109497571-390x585.jpg

Also as much as Christian Bale appears to be a douchebag, he was quite sexifying in the Batman films. 8-)
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I would have given Kunis a 5 based on the first pic because that neckline looks so stupid in that first pic. The dress looks great from the back though. her hair looks better in the back too, lol. So, she gets upgraded to a 7.

I'm also not the biggest fan of pale people in pale dresses since in can look monochromatic.

Bale always gets a 10 from me. I have a big weak spot for him.

I like Kunis' dress better, too after seeing more of it. Still not sure about the front - haven't seen it except this pic here.

Also agree about pale dresses on pale people. Too many women in general seem to avoid color when many of them would look so much better with some - e.g., I really liked Hillary Swank's flesh-toned dress the other night, but she looked like death warmed over - no lip or other color at all on her face, and the dress color blended right into her skin. At least put on some dang lip color for an occasion like that!

I also normally think Christian Bale is very hot, though he may leave a lot to be desired IRL. I just didn't care for the slicked-back dark hair with the red whiskers - w/loose and flowing hair, he probably would've indeed looked fine. Loved him in The Prestige, Portrait of a Lady, Little Women, Capt. Corelli's Mandolin, and the Batman movies, etc.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • emthefantasticalemthefantastical Posts: 963Registered Users Curl Novice
    Mila looked stunning. I definitely give her a 10. Everything about that dress was perfection on her.
    mila-kunis-oscars.jpg

Mila_Kunis_Oscar_2011C.jpg
    2c/3a
    somewhere between fine and medium texture
    average porosity underneath, fairly high porosity in the canopy

cowash: Suave Tropical Coconut
    rinse-out: GFTN, One-C
    styling: LALSG, EcoStyler, Deva Styling Cream

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights