CJ help - lots of leave-in?

So I think I've figured out that my recent frizz problems are due to not enough leave-in. I used to either rinse my conditioner just for a few seconds or add lots of my rinse-out conditioner as a leave-in (til it feels seaweedy/squishy). (In fact, I think I remember that when I first starting reading this messageboard, there were no products marketed as separate leave-ins!)

Anyway, I went and bought both the CJ smoothing lotion and the beauticurls leave-in for some crazy reason. Both of them (I think) say to use "a small amount" and I've read posts saying that a little goes a long way. Well a little is not working for me! My hair looks like I haven't used any leave-in at all. But everyone says that the smoothing lotion especially is so detangling and moisturizing. What am I missing? Maybe these leave-ins just aren't designed to be used in seaweedy/squishy amounts?
2c who can't seem to find enough moisture! Trying to figure this out once and for all 7 years after going CG!

Comments

• sessac81sessac81 Registered Users Posts: 690
    I just ordered them myself, so I can't comment on the products themselves, but have you tried using more than the "recommended" usage? Everyone's hair is different. Maybe yours needs more LI than others.

I have never thought of adding more LI to help reduce frizz...I know, where have I been, right? I normally just use a pea sized amount of whatever leave-in I am using that day. I think I'll try more LI next time to see if it helps with my bit-o-frizz :confused1:. Thanks for bringing this up!
    :) Vanessa :)
    CG since 9/2007
    medium texture; slightly porous

Currently loving:
    anything from CJ, KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
  • kat180kat180 Registered Users Posts: 6,280 Curl Novice
    I usually use quite a lot - way more than a pea-sized amount, until my hair feels nice and 'seaweedy'. Use as much as you like :) It depends on your hair and the product but you soon start to learn what your hair needs :)
  • rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,357 Curl Connoisseur
    i use way more than the recommended on leave ins, my hair craves it! the recommended is a starting place.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • allie95allie95 Registered Users Posts: 74
    Thanks for the replies! Honestly, I don't know why I'm so chicken about CJ leave-ins. Maybe because I know people have gotten OC'd from CJ products and I don't feel like dealing with extra hair problems!

Today I washed with GTTT poo, RO with GFTN, then rinsed upside down. I used enough CJ Curl Rehab so that my hair was completely coated and seaweedy, with no frizz. It took about 2.5 fingers worth (finger = one finger dragged across the jar). Then because I was STILL worried about overconditioning (!), I rinsed upside down for just a few seconds, enough to get dripping wet. Then I raked and scrunched a few handfuls of JC RR, plopped, and diffused. There was some flash drying, but it's looking good so far. My waves are really loose but that could be because of the shampoo or the leave-in. We'll see how it goes!
    2c who can't seem to find enough moisture! Trying to figure this out once and for all 7 years after going CG!
  • kristie911kristie911 Registered Users Posts: 154
    CJ products are very conditioning and I find they do OC my hair pretty quickly...but that's only after I got it cut and the damaged hair is gone. Before the cut, I could use a crazy amount of LI, CJ or otherwise without a problem. It just depends on the condition of your hair!
    3a/b, fine hair (just lots of it!), average porosity, high elasticity, fragile curls

No Poo and loving it! Gave up my hair dryer and never looked back!

Favorite Condishs: Suave Naturals (cowash) or TRESemme Naturals
    Leave-In: CJ Curl Assurance Leave-in or KCKT
    Curl Creme: AG re:coil or SS Hair Butter
    Gel: HETT, GF Gel

Product Junkie...Swap board addict!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file