Pics of the new house!

NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
Yesterday Mom and I rearranged the furniture in the tv room and put up paintings, so I took some pictures. Her financial advisor and my aunt and uncle in Florida all wanted to see the house, so I started with pics of the only "finished" room in the house. (I'm not even going to pretend the room will stay exactly as it is!)

We're mostly only going to have original artwork hanging, and I requested that we make the tv room all my mom's work, so all those are her paintings. She wants to put some smaller sunsets from our favorite local artist in some of the open space, but I really like having that much wall space! Mom made the blanket on the couch, too.

5483741798_a269dff662.jpg

5483709654_9998b3c3fa.jpg

5483021421_c337ca9152.jpg

5483045395_a5629403ce.jpg

And bonus: The view from my bedroom when I looked out my window yesterday. Surprise!

5483239076_e65a1ec900.jpg
The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
-Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!

Comments

• curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It totally looks southwestern US! I like the first photo's painting....a man/boy/person on a pier/boardwalk?

Snow that far south is unsettling.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Beautiful! It looks like a model S.Western home!
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    curlyarca wrote: »
    It totally looks southwestern US! I like the first photo's painting....a man/boy/person on a pier/boardwalk?

Snow that far south is unsettling.

It's a girl, I'm guessing on a boardwalk. My mom gave it to her sister as a wedding present before my mom moved to AZ. When her sister was moving to Florida and had to clean things out my mom offered to take it back. :) Cropped in to show her better down below...
    CurliLocks wrote: »
    Beautiful! It looks like a model S.Western home!

Thanks! Mom had the couch/chair/tables/rug, and I picked out the flooring and paint, then did the arranging. I like it much better after the rearranging we did yesterday - the room had felt like it had too much furniture in it, but leaving the window area open and moving the tv to the corner actually seemed to open up the room.

The house was a *disaster* and a major fixer-upper. I love it now!

5486176045_0f8533e79b.jpg
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file