CurlTalk

satin/silk pillowcase. . . worth it?

and, if they are worth it, is there a difference between satin and silk?
TIA,
Kate
3b, CG method
BC 6 February 2016 and growing out. . . again!

Comments

• klloydmajesticklloydmajestic Posts: 166Registered Users
    *bump*
    anyone???
    3b, CG method
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    A silk pillowcase is worth it I think. I didn't see that much difference in how messy or dry my hair was the next day in the satin vs cotton pillowcase.
    Ebay has some good deals on the silk ones
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
    thank you Med :D
    3b, CG method
  • curlyauburncurlyauburn Posts: 29Registered Users
    Most definatey a satin pillow case is worth it. I have not tried silk but 2 years ago 1 side of my head/hair was literally thinner than the other :shock: . I was rubbing it off in my sleep plus I had just had back surgery and had to lay on the couch alot and the side I was laying on was the one I was losing. So I got a satin case and my hair is good now. My stylist said when I turned my head that the nit balls on a cotton pillow case were like brillo pulling out my hair. :o Now I can get 2nd and 3rd day hair without a pineapple. Good luck.
    Below BSL Very thick Botticelli curls
  • SmallFrySmallFry Posts: 614Registered Users
    Personally, I think the satin one is worth it. I noticed a big difference in the amount of "good morning frizz" :D Sorry I can't speak on the silk ones, never tried it.
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
    thanks y'all! I just got a fabulous bob but the layers are too short to do pineapples anymore. I think I'll try it! :)
    3b, CG method
  • rushirb55rushirb55 Posts: 146Registered Users
    Hi Klloydmajestic, I LOVE your hair shorter like that. It so suits you. I prefer that length to the longer length myself. I hope you are just as pleased with it. Plus, I am sure it is much easier to deal with.
    2C-3A??? Currently using Curly Q Milkshake, 3-minute Aussie Miracle, using non-sulphate shampoos, MopTop Pomade, Boots curl creme, always looking for that next miracle product for my hair! My PJ is never satisfied.
  • sohaircrazysohaircrazy Posts: 42Registered Users
    The satiny pillow cases give you more 'slide' so your hair won't get all tangly if you sleep heavy or don't wear a satin scarf to bed.

HTH!
  • solelunasoleluna Posts: 21Registered Users
    Real silk is definitely better
    rushirb55 wrote:
    Hi Klloydmajestic, I LOVE your hair shorter like that. It so suits you. I prefer that length to the longer length myself. I hope you are just as pleased with it. Plus, I am sure it is much easier to deal with.

:D :D :D
    thank you! It was my DH's idea and it definitely makes life easier for me. It's VERY different for me but I'm getting used to it. thanks!
    3b, CG method
  • solangesolange Posts: 2,539Registered Users
    I love my satin pillowcase. It's the best!!
    3C, BSL Unstretched -
  • rose's ringletsrose's ringlets Posts: 119Registered Users
    Silk is definitely worth it. I tried satin, and although it was great for my hair, it felt awful against my skin. The silk pillowcases I bought on ebay are terrific. /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fstores.ebay.com%2Ffeeling-pampered_Luxury-Silk-Dream_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ2QQftidZ2QQtZkm" class="Popup Really well made, too. The difference in the morning is amazing.
    Over 2 years without shampoo. Finally grown out the evil relaxer. LOVING my ringlets!