do you sleep with your cell phone?

fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
is it in your bed with you?
(nightstand doesn't count)

i do, i use it as an alarm clock.

Comments

• kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    I use mine as an additional alarm so it sleeps next to me (ha ha ha).

I was reading an article about leaving phones out of the bedroom, think it's a cool idea, but since I have no one to talk to, it's just me and my cellie.
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    I sure do. I wouldn't wake up on time without it.

It's my bed buddy. ;)
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i had to commit to a two year relationship with my fone before it would sleep with me :(
  • nikskenikske Posts: 556Registered Users
    Frau, the title made me spill my coffee!

No, he and I are separated at the moment, I caught him talking to other women...

Actually mine hardly comes out of my bag, unless I have to charge it. I don't use it often, I have a regular phone and this one is only for emergencies while I'm out.
    Wurly 2b/2c/3a Miii - high porosity

event.png

Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum.

Sodomy non sapiens.

- Terry Pratchett
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Its on my nightstand next to my bed. I cant see how I can have anything in the bed with me w/o knocking it on the floor - I'm such a wild sleeper...
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg
  • anonymous_59737anonymous_59737 Posts: 485Registered Users
    yes, and I stroke it incessantly :love2:
    Hootie-hoo! - Chef Carla
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    No, it's on the nightstand. I use it as an alarm clock. I hope when we spring forward we won't have that stupid iphone glitch.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Its on my nightstand. I use it as a second alarm, which is a good thing considering the amount of times our power has gone out in the last week :angry2:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    No, but I sleep w/ my gun...
    I kid

frau, is that the most action you've been getting lately? :laughing2:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    I have it on my nightstand when I'm sleeping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Nope. Mine hardly ever comes out of my car/purse.

My husband, however, sleeps with his. It's usually on the nightstand, but sometimes in the bed. It beeps and flickers all.night.long. It's annoying.
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    Yes... I'd keep it on my nightstand, but I don't have one. :lol:

I use it as my alarm.

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    I use mine as an alarm too. I keep it on the nightstand. I'm too wild a sleeper to keep it in the bed.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    i'd keep mine on my nightstand but i don't have one, so it sleeps on the floor next to my bed at night. i use it as an alarm.

during naps though, i do let it sleep in the bed with me.
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    frau, is that the most action you've been getting lately? :laughing2:

a few years ago i dated a guy who used to keep his cell phone under his pillow as he slept. i thought that was ridiculous until i started to sleep with my phone. it's very convenient! of course, he was cheating but still the idea was good.

nope, no action lately. i think i'm officially closed for business.
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    It stays on my nightstand and might come into bed in the morning if I don't want to get up when the alarm goes off. It has been attached to my hip for the past year and now that my husband is home, I am having a hard time getting out of the habit that I don't have to be walking through a store with it in my hand and it doesn't have to go the bathroom with me.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • KeLynnKeLynn Posts: 182Registered Users
    It's usually just on my nightstand but if my boyfriend is out of town (or if I go to bed before he gets home) I keep it in the actual bed with me. I don't like it in the bed normally because I'm afraid of bumping it and accidentally dialing someone in my sleep, but when I'm home alone and afraid of killers and burglars I want it close at hand :confused1:
    2b (with some straight under-layer, grrrrr)
    Normal porosity, low elasticity, medium texture

(according to CurlGenie - HUGE surprise, I always thought I had fine hair and my stylists always agreed)

Tried CG for a summer, but it wasn't for me. I don't load up on sulfates and silicones, but I have no shame in using them when I want/need to! Currently loving LOOB.
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    SCG wrote: »
    Yes... I'd keep it on my nightstand, but I don't have one. :lol:

I use it as my alarm.

I now have a nightstand in the new house (not fully moved in yet) so now it sleeps there. I much prefer that, just didn't used to have a nightstand!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    I keep my phone under my pillow so I won't knock it down while sleeping, it serves as my alarm. I'd totally keep it on a nightstand, if I had one.
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    No, it sleeps on the nightstand.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    I have a Droid, and a desk dock for it. I have it on my nightstand, and I have it set up to where the phone automatically launches an alarm clock app when I dock it. So no, not in my bed, but it's within reach while I'm sleeping.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Nope.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Yes.
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes. We always have two phones in bed with us. :)

I have an iPhone and SO has a Droid. We both have apps on our phones that track our sleeping patterns and wake us up based on when we're sleeping lightest [the alarm is set for a time range rather than a specific time]. You wake up feeling more refreshed that way. The phone must be on the bed next to you for the app to work. I always thought I would knock it on the floor, but I have yet to.

We put them in airplane mode during the night. I don't like the cell signal constantly going so close to my body, especially my head, all night long.

It's nice to wake up more in sync with my sleep cycle, rather than that groggy feeling you get when a regular alarm clock wakes you during the deepest part of sleep. It also produces charts of your sleep cycles each night, which is fascinating.
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    wild~hair wrote: »

I have an iPhone and SO has a Droid. We both have apps on our phones that track our sleeping patterns and wake us up based on when we're sleeping lightest [the alarm is set for a time range rather than a specific time]. You wake up feeling more refreshed that way. The phone must be on the bed next to you for the app to work. I always thought I would knock it on the floor, but I have yet to.

We put them in airplane mode during the night. I don't like the cell signal constantly going so close to my body, especially my head, all night long.

It's nice to wake up more in sync with my sleep cycle, rather than that groggy feeling you get when a regular alarm clock wakes you during the deepest part of sleep. It also produces charts of your sleep cycles each night, which is fascinating.

Wakes you up when you're sleeping lightest? Really? Mine wouldn't wake me up 'til hours after I was supposed to be at work! My alarm wakes me from a dead sleep every single morning.

I don't sleep with the phone in the bed with me, but my sister does that. Mine is on the nightstand, plugged in and recharging. My husband has a dock on his nightstand, which is where his phone sleeps.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    wild~hair wrote: »

I do not trust that thing....maybe I should use it during grad school. As for waking me up on time to go to work...ha ha.....ha.....ROFL!!!! Id be rolling in at mid-day.
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
  • cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users
    There's no way I could keep it within reach of where I'm sleeping. I use it as my alarm and would turn it off in my sleep. I keep it on my shelf a few feet from my bed. I have to get up to turn it off.
    I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    PartyHair wrote: »
    Wakes you up when you're sleeping lightest? Really? Mine wouldn't wake me up 'til hours after I was supposed to be at work!
    kayb wrote: »
    I do not trust that thing....maybe I should use it during grad school. As for waking me up on time to go to work...ha ha.....ha.....ROFL!!!! Id be rolling in at mid-day.

I guess I didn't trust it either initially, because I set a backup alarm the first few times I used it. But I don't anymore, because it works just fine.

Think about it: what's not to trust? It WILL go off during the specified range. If it cannot detect any difference in sleep during the time range, it will simply go off at the end.
    PartyHair wrote: »
    My alarm wakes me from a dead sleep every single morning.

Sounds like you need this thing more than most! :) I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you too have sleep cycles, like the rest of us mere humans. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file