Natalie and Benjamin

slinky1slinky1 BannedPosts: 1,612Banned Users
I have a bad feeling that their relationship will be short lived. I think Natalie has one of the most beautiful faces, and I generally like her movies and her in general...but she is corny and immature, and I suspect something is up with him.

She just really didn't seem the type to be one of those actresses to get knocked up with some co-star and have a shotgun wedding...At almost 30, no less...

Thoughts?
;)
«1

Comments

  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You're on a first-name basis?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

    I am the new Black.

    "Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • slinky1slinky1 Banned Posts: 1,612Banned Users
    No, are you her friend? Do you not know who I'm talking about?

    Portman and Millipied, for those who are offended.
    ;)
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    slinky1 wrote: »
    I have a bad feeling that their relationship will be short lived. I think Natalie has one of the most beautiful faces, and I generally like her movies and her in general...but she is corny and immature, and I suspect something is up with him.

    She just really didn't seem the type to be one of those actresses to get knocked up with some co-star and have a shotgun wedding...At almost 30, no less...

    Thoughts?

    yeah, i'm not so sure about this relationship. and i totally agree with the bolded. i hope it works out for all 3 of them though.
  • WiregirlWiregirl Posts: 1,695Registered Users
    I don't know...BUT she seems very happy!
  • CheetaraCheetara Posts: 2,182Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    slinky1 wrote: »
    No, are you her friend? Do you not know who I'm talking about?

    Portman and Millipied, for those who are offended.


    I wasn't offended but I had no idea who you were talking about.

    Congrats to Ms. Portman on her win last night!
    Sort of CG sometimes, but not really
    2B, medium? normal porosity and elasticity?

    Cleansers -
    Suave Clarifying, Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful

    Stylers - BRHG, re:coil, Ion Hairspray

    I live in the NYC area.


  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Cheetara wrote: »
    slinky1 wrote: »
    No, are you her friend? Do you not know who I'm talking about?

    Portman and Millipied, for those who are offended.


    I wasn't offended but I had no idea who you were talking about.

    Congrats to Ms. Portman on her win last night!

    +1

    Even famous people are more easily identifiable with a last name, unless you're Cher or Madonna.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

    Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    slinky1 wrote: »
    No, are you her friend? Do you not know who I'm talking about?

    Portman and Millipied, for those who are offended.
    I wasn't offended. Just found it interesting. It took me a sec then I figured out who you meant.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

    I am the new Black.

    "Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think they're creepy. Didn't he cheat on his partner of a decade with Natalie?

    Plus, I'm sick of hearing about her "baby bump." Who cares? Wow --- a movie star gets pregnant!
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    ninja dog wrote: »
    I think they're creepy. Didn't he cheat on his partner of a decade with Natalie?

    Plus, I'm sick of hearing about her "baby bump." Who cares? Wow --- a movie star gets pregnant!

    I'm sorry i don't want you if you are unavailable. how does she know in 10 years he won't do the same to her.

    I have always been a fan of Natialie's. Watching her grow up on the big screen, i never thought she would become one of those women. But for all the trouble, i hope it works out for the baby's sake.
  • TrenellTrenell Posts: 3,562Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I got knocked up at 31, after dating for 6 months, had a shotgun wedding and will be celebrating 5 years of marriage this Friday. Oh, and I'm an actress :)


    I wish them the best.
  • CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Posts: 6,343Registered Users
    Honestly, I don't know about his situation with his former girlfriend, but I also know that there are lots of things to take into consideration. Maybe he met Natalie and fell madly in love and left her. They weren't married. I know things like that DO happen.
  • TrenellTrenell Posts: 3,562Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Oh snap! I didn't see he left his girlfriend.

    Fingers crossed
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    I always used to like her as an actress and I think she's pretty. However, in interviews lately, she seems weird--shallow and immature. She was on Letterman a while back and it made me uncomfortable. Same with that embarrassing Golden Globes acceptance speech.

    What does that have to do with her relationship? Absolutely nothing. :) I didn't know that about him leaving his ex for her. Maybe Natalie and Benjamin are both shallow and immature and therefore perfect for each other.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

    Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i saw a spread of him and his DANCE partner of 10 years. is that his girlfriend too. i didn't read the article but it seemed they danced together and that was it. maybe the girlfriend is someone else. maybe it's assumed that since she was a long term dance partner she was also his girlfriend. i still want to see the movie.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • slinky1slinky1 Banned Posts: 1,612Banned Users
    I'm just amazed because she's spent years crafting this image that she's a mature, responsible, talented woman...and I don't even know if she's had a lot of serious long-term relationships.

    Now, that she should be this person that she's always pretended to be (because she's almost 30), she seems immature and shallow...yes. I think she's admitted that herself in a couple of interviews. Somehow, she fell behind the curve.

    I'm worried because all of the pictures I've seen of them together show him looking disinterested and aloof...his eyes are almost rolling back in his head. Even though he is 3-4 years older, and she is gorgeous, I think his life as a ballet dancer makes him too mature for her...considering the way she currently acts. Pro ballet dancers practice dance every day of their lives for hours on end from the time they're like 3-5 years old. He's known sophisticated, intelligent, and sexy women from travelling the world. She's just some hokey girl who happens to have a gorgeous face. I'm hoping he just didn't fall for that, and now is sorry after he got to know her better.
    ;)
  • KookyCurlKookyCurl Posts: 1,980Registered Users
    slinky1 wrote: »
    I'm just amazed because she's spent years crafting this image that she's a mature, responsible, talented woman...and I don't even know if she's had a lot of serious long-term relationships.

    Now, that she should be this person that she's always pretended to be (because she's almost 30), she seems immature and shallow...yes. I think she's admitted that herself in a couple of interviews. Somehow, she fell behind the curve.

    I'm worried because all of the pictures I've seen of them together show him looking disinterested and aloof...his eyes are almost rolling back in his head. Even though he is 3-4 years older, and she is gorgeous, I think his life as a ballet dancer makes him too mature for her...considering the way she currently acts. Pro ballet dancers practice dance every day of their lives for hours on end from the time they're like 3-5 years old. He's known sophisticated, intelligent, and sexy women from travelling the world. She's just some hokey girl who happens to have a gorgeous face. I'm hoping he just didn't fall for that, and now is sorry after he got to know her better.

    I don't know a whole lot about him, but I do know a lot of dancers and there can be a tendency to actually be quite immature outside of the studio precisely because they have been in such an insular environment for so long.

    I don't think she's just some hokey girl either. She's very well educated. She holds a degree from Harvard and speaks Hebrew as well as studying other languages. She may just be trying to loosen up her serious impressions or gotten rambly in her GG speech.

    I don't know what happened with them but I wish them all the best!
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i wrote on another website that she looked very sad to me last night.
    i only saw her on the red carpet during an interview on the abc pre show.
    i didn't know anything about her relationship or pregnancy until after i asked, "why does she look so sad? is she pregnant?"
    eh, angela jolie still has her man.
    she may be just fine.

    eta,
    just saw her acceptance speech. i really liked it. she seemed very happy and sweet there. i loved her so much in the professional. hope the rumors aren't true. maybe he broke up with his girlfriend before getting fully involved with natalie. it's not like he was married.
  • NejNej Posts: 2,444Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    KookyCurl wrote: »
    slinky1 wrote: »
    I'm just amazed because she's spent years crafting this image that she's a mature, responsible, talented woman...and I don't even know if she's had a lot of serious long-term relationships.

    Now, that she should be this person that she's always pretended to be (because she's almost 30), she seems immature and shallow...yes. I think she's admitted that herself in a couple of interviews. Somehow, she fell behind the curve.

    I'm worried because all of the pictures I've seen of them together show him looking disinterested and aloof...his eyes are almost rolling back in his head. Even though he is 3-4 years older, and she is gorgeous, I think his life as a ballet dancer makes him too mature for her...considering the way she currently acts. Pro ballet dancers practice dance every day of their lives for hours on end from the time they're like 3-5 years old. He's known sophisticated, intelligent, and sexy women from travelling the world. She's just some hokey girl who happens to have a gorgeous face. I'm hoping he just didn't fall for that, and now is sorry after he got to know her better.

    I don't know a whole lot about him, but I do know a lot of dancers and there can be a tendency to actually be quite immature outside of the studio precisely because they have been in such an insular environment for so long.

    I don't think she's just some hokey girl either. She's very well educated. She holds a degree from Harvard and speaks Hebrew as well as studying other languages. She may just be trying to loosen up her serious impressions or gotten rambly in her GG speech.

    I don't know what happened with them but I wish them all the best!

    I second this. It is a very institutionalized world
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-2027-1364839025-19.gif
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    slinky1 wrote: »
    I'm worried ...


    Do people really "worry" about such things? I don't think I've ever spent one-minute worrying about any celebrity marriage or relationship.
  • nikskenikske Posts: 556Registered Users
    frau wrote: »

    eta,
    just saw her acceptance speech. i really liked it. she seemed very happy and sweet there. i loved her so much in the professional. hope the rumors aren't true. maybe he broke up with his girlfriend before getting fully involved with natalie. it's not like he was married.

    Guano

    I don't know much about these people and I don't much care. However, this kinda bothered me. Being in a 10 year relationship means commitment, whether or not a person is married.
    Wurly 2b/2c/3a Miii - high porosity

    event.png


    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum.

    Sodomy non sapiens.

    - Terry Pratchett
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    nikske wrote: »
    frau wrote: »
    maybe he broke up with his girlfriend before getting fully involved with natalie. it's not like he was married.

    Guano

    I don't know much about these people and I don't much care. However, this kinda bothered me. Being in a 10 year relationship means commitment, whether or not a person is married.

    It does? I don't think it necessarily means anything. We have no way of knowing unless we're privy to the details of the relationship which, AFAIK, none of us here are.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    nikske wrote: »
    frau wrote: »

    eta,
    just saw her acceptance speech. i really liked it. she seemed very happy and sweet there. i loved her so much in the professional. hope the rumors aren't true. maybe he broke up with his girlfriend before getting fully involved with natalie. it's not like he was married.

    Guano

    I don't know much about these people and I don't much care. However, this kinda bothered me. Being in a 10 year relationship means commitment, whether or not a person is married.
    Agreed.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

    I am the new Black.

    "Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    wild~hair wrote: »
    nikske wrote: »
    frau wrote: »
    maybe he broke up with his girlfriend before getting fully involved with natalie. it's not like he was married.

    Guano

    I don't know much about these people and I don't much care. However, this kinda bothered me. Being in a 10 year relationship means commitment, whether or not a person is married.

    It does? I don't think it necessarily means anything. We have no way of knowing unless we're privy to the details of the relationship which, AFAIK, none of us here are.
    Right, it certainly means commitment to some people. To others, it means fear of commitment or simply lack of commitment.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

    Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    mrspoppers wrote: »
    wild~hair wrote: »
    nikske wrote: »

    Guano

    I don't know much about these people and I don't much care. However, this kinda bothered me. Being in a 10 year relationship means commitment, whether or not a person is married.

    It does? I don't think it necessarily means anything. We have no way of knowing unless we're privy to the details of the relationship which, AFAIK, none of us here are.
    Right, it certainly means commitment to some people. To others, it means fear of commitment or simply lack of commitment.

    That's deep, M. I agree!
  • GurlwithCurlsGurlwithCurls Posts: 129Registered Users
    I dunno about this relationship. Millepied just strikes me as a bit of an opportunist. Rumor is that he's a bit of a limelight-seeker with Hollywood ambitions and was quite aggressive in pursuing Natalie despite being in a long-term relationship. Knocking up an A-list actress was a big come-up for him :-|

    From her interviews, I always thought Natalie seemed smart but very sheltered and socially-delayed from all those childhood years on film sets. Her Globes speech was kind of embarrassing and immature and teenager-y.
    3b/c and outta control
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I dunno about this relationship. Millepied just strikes me as a bit of an opportunist. Rumor is that he's a bit of a limelight-seeker with Hollywood ambitions and was quite aggressive in pursuing Natalie despite being in a long-term relationship. Knocking up an A-list actress was a big come-up for him :-|

    From her interviews, I always thought Natalie seemed smart but very sheltered and socially-delayed from all those childhood years on film sets. Her Globes speech was kind of embarrassing and immature and teenager-y.

    Interesting perspective. Time will tell.

    I kept hearing about this Golden Globes acceptance speech, I had to look it up. It seemed very heartfelt, but the part about Benjamin sleeping with her was embarrassing. Her parents were sitting in the audience too! I was a patient of her dad in 2003. He helped me get pregnant with my first daughter. He's a wonderful doctor, very warm, charismatic and engaging.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Trenell wrote: »
    I got knocked up at 31, after dating for 6 months, had a shotgun wedding and will be celebrating 5 years of marriage this Friday. Oh, and I'm an actress :)


    I wish them the best.
    2434617121_b082b34853.jpg
    0004.gif

    Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P


  • slinky1slinky1 Banned Posts: 1,612Banned Users
    Trenell wrote: »
    I got knocked up at 31, after dating for 6 months, had a shotgun wedding and will be celebrating 5 years of marriage this Friday. Oh, and I'm an actress :)


    I wish them the best.
    2434617121_b082b34853.jpg

    she's not sheltered wittle harvard goody two-shoes child actress NATALIE PORTMAN

    when michelle williams did this, it wasn't really a shock.

    plus, as mentioned, this guy seems a little more wise to the world than her and he did have that common law wife thing going.
    ;)
  • slinky1slinky1 Banned Posts: 1,612Banned Users
    slinky1 wrote: »
    I'm worried ...


    Do people really "worry" about such things? I don't think I've ever spent one-minute worrying about any celebrity marriage or relationship.

    not "worried" in the usual sense, but worried in the i'm sick of my world, i'm going to watch the oscars and pretend i'm a celebrity and live vicariously through them worried.

    really, what i'm thinking, is if i were given her gifts, i would like to think i would have played my cards a little better. i can play this game, right? some people read fiction books, and i'm looking in on the life of a celeb, and adding details and drawing my own conclusions...so what?
    ;)
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    mrspoppers wrote: »
    wild~hair wrote: »
    nikske wrote: »

    Guano

    I don't know much about these people and I don't much care. However, this kinda bothered me. Being in a 10 year relationship means commitment, whether or not a person is married.

    It does? I don't think it necessarily means anything. We have no way of knowing unless we're privy to the details of the relationship which, AFAIK, none of us here are.
    Right, it certainly means commitment to some people. To others, it means fear of commitment or simply lack of commitment.

    do people really casually date the same person for 10 yrs? if i met a man who told me that he was in or just ended a 10 yr relationship, but it wasn't serious/they weren't committed to each other i'd laugh my behind off. and when i was finished laughing, i'd run as fast and as far away from him as possible.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file