What did you buy this month?

anonymous_59737anonymous_59737 Posts: 485Registered Users
These last few months have been some of the worst of my life. Shopping has been my salvation.

In the last month I've bought three coats (1 tweed Hobbs, 1 Calvin Klein pleated trench, 1 Boden full velvet), two blazers (1 Kate Moss for Top Shop shrunken wool blazer, 1 Boden black wool blazer), three pairs of boots (2 over the knee - 1 black Steve Madden and 1 dark brown Jessica Simpson, and 1 pair of Frye cognac colored Heath riding boots), 2 handbags (1 Coach oversized suede shoulder bag and 1 small Steve Madden red frilled tote), 2 pairs of black Roots sweatpants, 1 red Beaver Canoe sweatshirt, 1 J Crew silk blouse, 1 Ralph Lauren tweed hat, 1 Ralph Lauren light-weight black wool scarf, 1 gray Volcom fedora, 1 black Ted Baker bakerboy, gray cashmere mittens, a Blackberry bluetooth earpiece, Dr. Hauschka lip balm, a pink aluminum and leather (pleather?), travel mug from Second Cup, untold numbers of books, movie tickets, bento box lunches, and train tickets to other cities. I feel exhausted just listing them but they have made my life infinitely better over the last month. Sigh.

What have you bought that's made you feel better?
Hootie-hoo! - Chef Carla

Comments

• kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    Approx. 20 books

This does not make me happy, these damn books are expensive man. :angry8:
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
  • anonymous_59737anonymous_59737 Posts: 485Registered Users
    kayb wrote: »
    Approx. 20 books

This does not make me happy, these damn books are expensive man. :angry8:

List 'em!
    Hootie-hoo! - Chef Carla
  • kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    FF, you must be rich!
    i've purchased food, lol.
  • anonymous_59737anonymous_59737 Posts: 485Registered Users
    frau wrote: »
    FF, you must be rich!
    i've purchased food, lol.

No, just in massive amounts of pain which compels me to massacre my budget.

And I worship at the altar of Ebay :-)
    Hootie-hoo! - Chef Carla
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    I bought new wheels for my skates (Heartless Chasers and Creepers), and some gently used knee pads (187s).
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    A new washer & dryer th_kattemad_03.gif
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Some shirts for hubby for father's day.
    Some plants for my yard.
    New cute dress.
    Gift for little one's friend's b-day.
    New Advent Countdown X-mas candle.
    Electronics.
    there maybe more

0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• CurlyCurliesCurlyCurlies Posts: 1,641Registered Users
    A new washer & dryer th_kattemad_03.gif

I love that smiley!

Even though one of my resolutions was to not buy any unnecessary stuff and to save as much as possible, I was only able to make it through January. Since then, I've purchased a nookcolor and a few books/magazine subscriptions to go along with it. Yesterday, I bought a new dress to celebrate the fact that I've lost all of my holiday weight gain.

I think I'm going to try to institute a buying ban for just March and see how that goes.
    33abhqq.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file