Has anyone tried Beautiful Curls-handmade by Alaffia

pjjosephgisspjjosephgiss Posts: 643Registered Users
Hi!
I went to Whole Foods today to see if they carried Tiny Twists (they didn't):angry7:, but I picked up Beautiful Curls curl defining gel and leave in condish by Alaffia. These products are shea based- the Gel ingredients are:
  • chamomile
  • yarrow
  • certified fair trade shea butter
  • aloe vera leaf gel
  • agave nectar
  • panthenol
  • cocounut oil
  • apricot fruit and ylang ylang flower extracts
  • potassium sorbate
  • guar gum
  • xanthan gum
  • citric acid
The consistency of it is like the Darcy Botannical coiling gel- kinda like applesauce.The leave in has Arnica montana and comfrey, shea butter, coconut oil,cetearyl alcohol, behentrimonium clhoride, emulsifying wax, raspberry fruit extracts, ylang ylang flower extracts, potassium sorbate, and magnesuim sulfate (whew!):tongue5:
Has anyone ever used these products? I will let you know how they work out on the next wash day. Any thoughts?
Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
Style- UFD, Camille Rose, Hello Curly, Kinky Curly
Sealant- Jamaican Black Castor and Avocado oils, Qhemet Biologics Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm
Will try any CG product at least once.
Proud to be a PJ!
:happy7::wave:

Comments

• lesliegonnacurllesliegonnacurl Posts: 478Registered Users
    Hi!
    I went to Whole Foods today to see if they carried Tiny Twists (they didn't):angry7:, but I picked up Beautiful Curls curl defining gel and leave in condish by Alaffia. These products are shea based- the Gel ingredients are:
    • chamomile
    • yarrow
    • certified fair trade shea butter
    • aloe vera leaf gel
    • agave nectar
    • panthenol
    • cocounut oil
    • apricot fruit and ylang ylang flower extracts
    • potassium sorbate
    • guar gum
    • xanthan gum
    • citric acid
    The consistency of it is like the Darcy Botannical coiling gel- kinda like applesauce.The leave in has Arnica montana and comfrey, shea butter, coconut oil,cetearyl alcohol, behentrimonium clhoride, emulsifying wax, raspberry fruit extracts, ylang ylang flower extracts, potassium sorbate, and magnesuim sulfate (whew!):tongue5:
    Has anyone ever used these products? I will let you know how they work out on the next wash day. Any thoughts?

I'm not crazy about shea in conditioner, but it might be okay in my shampoo, wondering if anyone has tried the shampoos.
    Mostly relaxed, yet still curly hair, which I am going to try to grow out with daily conditioner rinses and a shampoo once or twice a week.

Officially Transitioning since March 2011.
    Last Relaxer September 2010

Got some kind of curly bangs going here! And I think my bangs are all natural!

I think that my natural hair is somewhere between a 3b and a 3c, I hope it's not too soon to tell! :blob4:
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • pjjosephgisspjjosephgiss Posts: 643Registered Users
    Thanks Sagehen!:alien:
    Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
    Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
    LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
    DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
    Style- UFD, Camille Rose, Hello Curly, Kinky Curly
    Sealant- Jamaican Black Castor and Avocado oils, Qhemet Biologics Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm
    Will try any CG product at least once.
    Proud to be a PJ!
    :happy7::wave:
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    Thanks Sagehen!:alien:
    No worries - I hope you found what you needed there, and if you try the products, please leave a new review to tell us how you liked them.
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • CurlyBrunetteCurlyBrunette Posts: 26Registered Users
    I have the shampoo and the gel and i really like them both. The shampoo is really concentrated so you only need a little bit. It cleans my hair gently and encourages the curls leaving it soft and feeling clean. The gel is also great. I haven't used it in the warmer weather yet as its winter here in New England. The ingredients are what attracted me to the product. Hope it's working out for you!
    3a/b Growing long!!!
    Read my Blog
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have used the gel and the cream and liked them both. I also liked the leave-in conditioner, but found the shampoo a little drying for me. I wouldn't repurchase it.

I think I get a tighter curl from the gel. I would describe the gel as more of a curl enhancing gelly - rather than what I think of as a gel (hold). I always scrunched in a gel over both products. I liked the smell of both, but preferred the fruity smell of the cream than the smell of the gel.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file