Who's watching the Oscars tonight?

legendslegends Posts: 3,073Registered Users
Just wanted to post this so medussa doesn't forget to watch! :tongue5:

I did very little movie-watching last year for no particular reason, so I don't have many opinions on the nominees. It's all about the dresses this year.
Eres o te haces?

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    legends wrote: »

I did very little movie-watching last year for no particular reason, so I don't have many opinions on the nominees. It's all about the dresses this year.

This! I don't even know whats nominated, so I'm all about the outfits :)
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,633Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    medussa is going to have to DVR something because I know she also watches The Amazing Race!

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • MysticSpiralMysticSpiral Posts: 1,024Registered Users
    Russel Brand brought his mommy

also Tim Gunn! And I don't know how I feel about Melissa's dress.
    Lady Fand of the Joy Filled Summer Skys in the Order of the Curly Crusaders!
    KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
  • JayneeJaynee Posts: 2,039Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm not too interested in the actual awards, but yes, the dresses are what's important! I'm watching the red carpet right now, so far Mila Kunis looks amazing. Just saw Justin Timberlake, and he once again reaffirmed my love for him :)

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Nah, rat's...eh......thinking about getting Red to rent at Redbox.... :blob5:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• MysticSpiralMysticSpiral Posts: 1,024Registered Users
    Has anyone actually seen these fifth graders before? Cute kids though.
    Lady Fand of the Joy Filled Summer Skys in the Order of the Curly Crusaders!
    KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,633Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Probably not watching but might flip around with the remote. I wish Animal Planet had a puppy show like they do during the Super Bowl. They could dress up dogs in cute outfits and walk them down the red carpet. Yes, I would watch that. It could be sponsored by Oscar Meyer, hee hee!

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • legendslegends Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    Helena Bonham Carter hasn't walked the red carpet yet, has she? I've been looking forward to seeing her ensemble.
    Eres o te haces?
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    What's wrong with Warren Beatty? At first I thought that maybe he's deaf and too vain to wear a hearing aid. Now I'm thinking he's drunk or has Alzheimer's.

HBC hasn't been by yet but should be soon. I think the big stars get there closer to the start.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Love Jennifer Hudson's dress!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    Wow, that was painful. It's going to be a loooong night.
    Eres o te haces?
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    My top dresses are Jennifer Lawrence, Halle Berry, and Michelle Williams. I also like the 14 year from True Grit's dress. Of corse, Helen Mirren is in a class by herself.
  • ursulaursula Posts: 1,461Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wow, that was painful. It's going to be a loooong night.

You mean the opening? Yeah, that wasn't funny. I can't even tell if it was supposed to be funny.

The dresses I have liked so far are Mila Kunis, Hailee Steinfeld (she's so cute!), Kate Blanchett, and I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting. I'm on the fence about Scarlett Johansson (whom I usually love) and Nicole Kidman. Natalie Portman looks as good as I've seen her during her pregnancy.
    In search of a lost signature...
    Yeah, that opening was bad. And I'm pretty sure James Franco is stoned out of his mind, which you'd think would make him moderately entertaining.

Kirk Douglas was awesome! But damn I wanted HBC to win...I want to see her on stage, and I would love to have heard her speech.

I think Mila's dress is my favorite so far, but I'm not crazy about the Lil' Kim-style pasties.
    Eres o te haces?
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Is that what it is? Because I was just thinking he didn't appear to be enjoying himself (Franco). He ain't looking cute like he usually does, either.

When the funniest person is Kirk Douglass, you know you're in trouble. LOL

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    And I'm pretty sure James Franco is stoned out of his mind, which you'd think would make him moderately entertaining.
    that is exactly what i thought when he was interviewed before the oscars started. he seems a little slow and off.
    I hope I'm not the only one that's like "eff Oscar history, can we please see best actor/actress/film please?" LOL

That's why they save those for last...

Those ugly assed cream suits. Just no.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

Do people know they're going to win in advance? Because if they did they're not faking it well. It's only 45 minutes in and I'm all *snore*. They need to pick up the energy.

They should have brought Hugh Jackman back.

Stop acting like The Social Network was written by Jesus Christ, God, or Mohammed. Thank you. :p

If Jeremy Renner doesn't win, I'm going to be annoyed.

• curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    Am I the only one who thought Kirk Douglas died already? I thought it was him but I wasn't sure. :thumbdown:

The dresses have been beautiful so far. But I've been watching it on mute intermittently while doing homework. I don't typically care what they have to say, just who wins and what they're wearing. Boy I'm superficial. :tongue5:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

You're not missing anything. I should just watch The Amazing Race. This show is boring as hell this time.

I thought he died too.

• curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    Holy crap that was THE Trent Reznor! He looked so....
    normal. I guess he lost his angst.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Not watching but caught the red carpet slide shows. My top dresses are Sandra Bullock (total 180 from the last dress and bangs), Jennifer Hudson, Maria Menounous, Mila Kunis, Halle Berry, Gwyneth Paltrow, Helen Mirren. Bullock's is #1.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    Cate Blanchett's dress is hideous, just plain hideous.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Be sure to check out our Oscars coverage!

Red carpet hair

Hair and award winners

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Someone on this site asked me to pick the movie that would win Best Costumes, and I was right. Hope you took my advice :occasion9:
  • JayneeJaynee Posts: 2,039Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Aw, I'm so happy for Natalie, she's really great and seems so sweet.

• susususu Posts: 767Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    mrspoppers wrote: »
    Cate Blanchett's dress is hideous, just plain hideous.

I was on the fence about her dress - thought it looked beautiful from a distance, then was like ??? when I saw it up close (mainly because of the weird breastplate effect), then decided I liked it. The color was unusual, the pleating on the skirt was beautiful, and I thought the beading(?) was interesting. I probably would have hated the dress on anyone else, but I thought Cate pulled it off.

Overall, though, I thought the dresses were as boring as the show. My favorite was probably Scarlet Johanssen's (altough I didn't completely love the top - I think there was a patch that was a bit too sheer), followed by Mila Kunis. I also liked Hallee Steinfeld and Michelle Williams (although I didn't get a good look at the latter). And, I'll probably get crucified for this, but I kind of liked Anne Hathaway's electric blue dress. (I"m surprised her dresses were so bla though - I usually like her style.)
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    So red is the 'in' colour then. And.....nude *snore*. All pretty boring and pretty much all the same apart from the two in purple which I liked very muchy.

I think Natalie Portman looked the best. I loved her dress and she looked amazing in the colour, followed by Scarlet Johnson. They both stood out as doing something a bit different, going for a colour they liked/suited rather than what everyone else was wearing.

In the pictures I saw Anne Hathaway was in a red dress?
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Anne Hathaway wore a red dress to walk the red carpet. i'm not sure which one of her show dresses i liked best.

my favourite was Jennifer Hudson followed by Sandra Bullock.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file