Imitation Wood Floor Buckling from Water Damage

CurlswirlCurlswirl Posts: 526Registered Users
Is there any way to fix this? I used to love my floor and now it feels like I am walking on waves instead of a flat surface:(

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    It's not in the kitchen, is it?
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• CurlswirlCurlswirl Posts: 526Registered Users
    no, my bedroom.
    Yeah, it's gonna need to be replaced.
    What happened?
    Were you not able to catch it before it soaked thru?
    Dang, that bites....
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You can't fix it. That's why you're not supposed to use those kinds of floors anywhere where they might get the least bit wet. It's going to need to be replaced.
  • CurlswirlCurlswirl Posts: 526Registered Users
    Yup, it happened too fast. The problem is that it is a rental apartment and it was caused by a pipe that was next to my window that had a hole in it and on a very rainy day it started leaking through my A/C. The super took a while to get here to help me and it was a big mess. Could an area rug help? I know the landlord will not replace it. By the way, I also lost my a/c because of the pipe. It was frozen to the window and the super and I ended up throwing it out the window as it was destroyed when he was finally able to get it out with a crow bar!
    Holy carp...yep, nice rug will work just fine....
    0004.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file