help with shampooing

bribrik10bribrik10 Posts: 203Registered Users
I use products with cones in it and im too lazy to use my money for more products and i really like the products im using now.
Would shampooing once a week with loreals non sulfate shampoo in the middle of the week and then once a week with tresemme naturals(apparently less sulfate) at the end of the week be enough to get cones out from products for that week? I don't want to make my hair unhealthy with cones building up and I don't wanna strip away too many oils with shampoo.
and if i used deep conditioner one or twice a week will it build up in my hair or be ok since im using shampoo twice a week?
thanks I have 2c/3a hair with Botticelli curls(ringlets) and some S waves and damaged hair from 2 straight perms and straightening every day. I do not shampoo every day if I wash it I just condition my hair
3a CG
Cleanser: shea moisture's african black soap cleanser or moisture retention shampoo
Conditioner: tresemme naturals, shea moisture restorative conditioner
Syler: shea moisture's curl soufflé and smoothie.
:angel8:

Comments

• wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    bribrik10 wrote: »
    I use products with cones in it and im too lazy to use my money for more products and i really like the products im using now.
    Would shampooing once a week with loreals non sulfate shampoo in the middle of the week and then once a week with tresemme naturals(apparently less sulfate) at the end of the week be enough to get cones out from products for that week? I don't want to make my hair unhealthy with cones building up and I don't wanna strip away too many oils with shampoo.
    and if i used deep conditioner one or twice a week will it build up in my hair or be ok since im using shampoo twice a week?
    thanks I have 2c/3a hair with Botticelli curls(ringlets) and some S waves and damaged hair from 2 straight perms and straightening every day. I do not shampoo every day if I wash it I just condition my hair

Any sulfate shampoo (even lower sulfate shampoos and some sulfate-free shampoos, like your Loreal) will get 'cones out. The 'cones won't build up on your hair if you wash with these things even occasionally.

DT's won't build up on your hair, either. The only harm they could do is make you over conditioned if you use them way too often. :happy8: They are great for extra moisture, and will make your hair healthier, if anything, especially if you are using shampoo.
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • bribrik10bribrik10 Posts: 203Registered Users
    thank you so much :)
    3a CG
    Cleanser: shea moisture's african black soap cleanser or moisture retention shampoo
    Conditioner: tresemme naturals, shea moisture restorative conditioner
    Syler: shea moisture's curl soufflé and smoothie.
    :angel8:
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    No problem!
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file