Is this a new song?

munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I never buy CD's, but the other day on my way to work one of the local stations played Adele's "Rolling in the Deep." I haven't had a song catch my ear like that one in a long time. I even had to run out and buy the CD. Is it a new song? If you have never heard it, you should listen to it on you tube. She has got an amazing voice.
3b/c

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    She was on Ellen last week, I think.
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    According the radio station I listen to-she wrote this after a break up. They started playing it back in January-it must have gotten released as a single before the album came out (last week I think).

I found this:
    According to the Rolling In The Deep Songfacts, this revenge song finds Adele laying into a former boyfriend. “It’s me making a bit of a statement,” she told Q Magazine. “People will hear it and go, Wow, she ain’t mucking around.”
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hate to see her go through such a bad break up, but wow did it provide one he** of a song!
    3b/c
  • JayneeJaynee Posts: 2,039Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Such an amazing song! There was a thread about her/this song a week or two ago with a link to a video of her doing a live, unplugged kind of performance. She's extremely talented.

• curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Haven't listened to "21" yet, but I highly recommend her freshman album "19".

"Chasing Pavements" was the hit single from that one. I think she won a Grammy for best new artist or something.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think my favorite from 19 was Cold Shoulder. It's something you can belt.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    I first remember seeing her a couple of years back on Diva's Live singing "Hometown Glory". She amazed me. I adore her and her voice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file