I think I am giving up on CG

ththdththd Posts: 306Registered Users Curl Novice
I just can't seem to get the right mix of things and all I do is think about my hair all day. I am so stressed about it and I don't think I can do it anymore. I went out with some friends a couple of times this week and my hair looked horrible. I just hate it!!! I'm sorry to be so depressing. I may try shampooing with a sulfate shampoo like only once a week and see how that goes but I don't think the low-poo and no-poo are working for me. After a year of being CG or Mod. CG I just expect more. I really really wanted this to work. Anybody else feel like this? I feel like a failure.
Tresemme Botanical shampoo, Cantu No Poo, sometimes Suave Lavender or coconut cowash  
Tresemme Flawless curls gel, Herbal Essence Totally Twisted gel, Ecostyler gel (pink one)
Giovanni weightless leave-in
My hair hates Shea Moisture products 
Plopping makes my curls weird ;) 
I still use Tresemme Fine Mist hairspray for the side swept bangs...I can't live without it!
Curl Genie: Medium-fine texture, normal to high porosity, low elasticity, medium density

Comments

• LightWavesLightWaves Posts: 114Registered Users
    I completely sympathize.

I'm on year 2 of CG, and my first year had it's ups and downs. There were months where I was quite happy with the results, and times when I couldn't stand it. And now the past few months (4+) have been horrendous, and I feel like I have tried everything to get my hair back on track. Sometimes I'd rather just go back to my old routine before CG and just deal with the sulfates and silicones. I can't seem to get a grasp on my protein/moisture needs, porosity, density, etc...

However there's still that part of me that sees my partial success last year and the success of all the other curlies/wavies on the boards, and I just can't bring myself to pack it in :sad9:.

I think adding a sulfate shampoo once a week is a good place to start. I just saw your other thread (as I was looking through posts to see if other people struggle as much as I do, hah) and noticed people are suggesting you might still have damage from before going CG. Perhaps you should try to shampoo once a week but stick to some aspects of CG to try to keep your hair healthy. I wish I had more helpful suggestions, but at least we know we are not alone! Good luck (and don't think you're a failure!!)
    2a/2b/2c - I've experienced them all :iconbiggrin:

Still not sure about porosity/protein... my hair takes forever to dry & products often weigh it down, but I like protein. Thus I'm confused.

LowPoo: Mastey Traite
    Cowash: Burt's Bees Super Shiny, Trader Joe's TTT
    DT: Sevi Pumpkin Conditioner
    Styling: FSG, Pantene Curls Mousse, SS FHG, AO B5 Design Gel, Giovanni Mousse
    PT: Nexus Emergencee, AO GBP
    Styling Methods: Plopping, diffusing
  • CheetaraCheetara Posts: 2,182Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I tend to pick and choose what CG rules to follow now that I know my hair better. I tried a very non-CG experiment yesterday that turned out really well.

I will go CG for a week or 2 then straighten with cones and sulfate poo. My hair is healthy and not damaged (I think) so I can get away with it.
    Sort of CG sometimes, but not really
    2B, medium? normal porosity and elasticity?

Cleansers -
    Suave Clarifying, Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful

Stylers - BRHG, re:coil, Ion Hairspray

I live in the NYC area.

• GirlSailorGirlSailor Posts: 45Registered Users
    ththd - Don't feel like a failure. Hair is not something you can completely control especially when you are trying a whole new routine.

Your hair is very long from the picture that you posted...it looks like it is thick and heavy like mine is/was. I found when I cut significant length off it became a lot wavier.

I was finding myself obsessing about my hair. I would think twice before working out or when I was going to wash my hair because it would take FOREVER to dry...so I cut it ALL off last week ;0)

I kind of miss my long hair but I sure don't miss the maintenance. My life is in a big transition with a house on the market, a boat on the market, and packing up our lives and going sailboat cruising...so I needed to simplify.

I think your hair is beautiful! But I definitely know how you feel...I was right there with you. Hope you find a way to enjoy it again!
  • IAgirlIAgirl Posts: 2,540Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Girl Sailor has offered such wise words.
    Sometimes it's not a change in routine, but a change in the medium you're working with. A big cut made a big difference for me too.
    Sometimes one's expectations are not in line with what one can reasonably achieve (a wavy cannot transform their waves into Seane Corn's curls -- and even she cut hers off because she felt people saw only her hair and not her).edit: that was apparently a rumor only)

And just because the "CG" brand is touted as a cure-all doesn't mean it's the only means to an end. What I took from it is "don't abuse your hair" and I didn't even realize I was.

If something else works, then do it. I was at a conference just this week in which a person described a method they used for doing something which, according to all the research and almost everybody's experience SHOULD NOT work. And yet they were getting fantastic results because the situation they had to work with was unique.

Do what works. Don't let the CG dogma make you feel like a failure. Who needs that? SIlicones are not evil. All the stuff added to conditioner we consider "CG" for slip is basically wax. That is not much different from silicones other than being slightly easier to wash off. Sulfate shampoo is not evil. If you fear it's too harsh, dilute it with water or add a drop or so of oil.

There is no special merit in "being CG." And no guarantee that it works for anybody. For some of us, it makes out scalp or hair worse. You're not the only one.

Accept the waves you have, perhaps give them a new cut and style and learn to love them. If you can't beat them, join them.
  • GirlSailorGirlSailor Posts: 45Registered Users
    I didn't know that Seane Corn cut her hair at one point...she has beautiful curls!

I am with her. In college, I was coming back from a semester abroad and my old roommate let me know that she had a friend who needed a roommate. I asked if I had met her before, and my previous roommate said no but that she knew of me, "The Girl with the Hair" - that is all it took. I had an appointment at the salon down the street and many inches were cut. ;0)
  • ththdththd Posts: 306Registered Users Curl Novice
    IAgirl wrote: »
    Girl Sailor has offered such wise words.
    Sometimes it's not a change in routine, but a change in the medium you're working with. A big cut made a big difference for me too.
    Sometimes one's expectations are not in line with what one can reasonably achieve (a wavy cannot transform their waves into Seane Corn's curls -- and even she cut hers off because she felt people saw only her hair and not her).

And just because the "CG" brand is touted as a cure-all doesn't mean it's the only means to an end. What I took from it is "don't abuse your hair" and I didn't even realize I was.

If something else works, then do it. I was at a conference just this week in which a person described a method they used for doing something which, according to all the research and almost everybody's experience SHOULD NOT work. And yet they were getting fantastic results because the situation they had to work with was unique.

Do what works. Don't let the CG dogma make you feel like a failure. Who needs that? SIlicones are not evil. All the stuff added to conditioner we consider "CG" for slip is basically wax. That is not much different from silicones other than being slightly easier to wash off. Sulfate shampoo is not evil. If you fear it's too harsh, dilute it with water or add a drop or so of oil.

There is no special merit in "being CG." And no guarantee that it works for anybody. For some of us, it makes out scalp or hair worse. You're not the only one.

Accept the waves you have, perhaps give them a new cut and style and learn to love them. If you can't beat them, join them.
    GirlSailor wrote: »
    ththd - Don't feel like a failure. Hair is not something you can completely control especially when you are trying a whole new routine.

Your hair is very long from the picture that you posted...it looks like it is thick and heavy like mine is/was. I found when I cut significant length off it became a lot wavier.

I was finding myself obsessing about my hair. I would think twice before working out or when I was going to wash my hair because it would take FOREVER to dry...so I cut it ALL off last week ;0)

I kind of miss my long hair but I sure don't miss the maintenance. My life is in a big transition with a house on the market, a boat on the market, and packing up our lives and going sailboat cruising...so I needed to simplify.

I think your hair is beautiful! But I definitely know how you feel...I was right there with you. Hope you find a way to enjoy it again!
    Cheetara wrote: »
    I tend to pick and choose what CG rules to follow now that I know my hair better. I tried a very non-CG experiment yesterday that turned out really well.

I will go CG for a week or 2 then straighten with cones and sulfate poo. My hair is healthy and not damaged (I think) so I can get away with it.
    LightWaves wrote: »
    I completely sympathize.

I'm on year 2 of CG, and my first year had it's ups and downs. There were months where I was quite happy with the results, and times when I couldn't stand it. And now the past few months (4+) have been horrendous, and I feel like I have tried everything to get my hair back on track. Sometimes I'd rather just go back to my old routine before CG and just deal with the sulfates and silicones. I can't seem to get a grasp on my protein/moisture needs, porosity, density, etc...

However there's still that part of me that sees my partial success last year and the success of all the other curlies/wavies on the boards, and I just can't bring myself to pack it in :sad9:.

I think adding a sulfate shampoo once a week is a good place to start. I just saw your other thread (as I was looking through posts to see if other people struggle as much as I do, hah) and noticed people are suggesting you might still have damage from before going CG. Perhaps you should try to shampoo once a week but stick to some aspects of CG to try to keep your hair healthy. I wish I had more helpful suggestions, but at least we know we are not alone! Good luck (and don't think you're a failure!!)

Thank you all so very much! You have all made me feel better. I do know I need a cut and am planning to go next week. I have been putting it off because of money. I had the 7 inches cut off last year and plan on getting a nice chunk taken off now. I have had long hair since I was a little girl and I think it's a security blanket for me. It is I have never had it above my shoulders and when I had it that short it was a bushy fro. I am going to take all of your advice and hope that being more modified may help. I need to embrace the waves that I have and stop dreaming of the curls I once had. I have 4 kids ages 5 to 11 and time is not what I have...LOL. My DH keeps telling me to chill out, that I look beautiful. He says my hair is alive and has a mind of it's own so I can't control it...LOL.

I hope better days are to come!!! Thank you ladies!!! You made my day much better now!!!:happy10:
    Tresemme Botanical shampoo, Cantu No Poo, sometimes Suave Lavender or coconut cowash  
    Tresemme Flawless curls gel, Herbal Essence Totally Twisted gel, Ecostyler gel (pink one)
    I still use Tresemme Fine Mist hairspray for the side swept bangs...I can't live without it!
    Curl Genie: Medium-fine texture, normal to high porosity, low elasticity, medium density
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Have you sent in your hair to the curl wizzard? It might be worth the money to know you have your hair properties right.
    I think it makes sense to take what works for you from the CG method and start experimenting with some non CG stuff. CG doesn't work for everyone.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
    pedaheh wrote: »
    Have you sent in your hair to the curl wizzard? It might be worth the money to know you have your hair properties right.
    I think it makes sense to take what works for you from the CG method and start experimenting with some non CG stuff. CG doesn't work for everyone.

I have been considering it. Have you done it? Will they tell me some product suggestions? I'm afraid I will get the results and still not be able to figure it out...lol.

Thank you pedaheh, I was hoping to hear from you.:)
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I didn't do it because I feel like my hair is obviously super fine and obviously porous and obviously dry (so I'd add lots of moisture, no matter what the elasticity results). I feel pretty confident in my properties.
    I think it is about 12$ish to just learn your properties and an e-mail with some general ways to care for hair with those properties. I think it is about 20$ish for the specific product recommendations to be included.
    You posted as I was posting. My hair has never been past my shoulders. It breaks as soon as it hits my shoulders (or it did pre CG, I haven't tried to grow it post CG). So, we are opposites.
    I said it before, but I'll say it again. Your hair is beautiful. You have put in as much effort into figuring out your hair as the rest of us. Your hair is just harder to figure out.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    Aw, ththd, you're not a failure! For what it's worth, I honestly think your hair is drop-dead gorgeous in your avatar (I've been jealous of it every time I see you post!)! I have been struggling for a very, VERY long while now trying to find products and things that my hair likes. I was actually going to start a thread very similar to this, but you beat me to it! My scalp has been killing me (it's itching like crazy!), but I think I finally found out what I was sensitive to. I can't use anything "normal" because of my sensitive scalp, and my hair isn't doing anything I want it to lately. Since a week ago, it's been poofing/frizzing out on 2nd and 3rd days with my normal routine, and I think I may be slightly frying my hair with my constant diffuser-usage (I'm a diffusing ADDICT now!! :p). I'm in desperate need of a haircut, but I'm scared to get one because I feel I need to cut off a good amount (like you, I've never had my hair above my shoulders -- I've had long hair all my life!). I do believe we are the same hair properties and everything, so at least you know someone with hair exactly like yours (maybe hair twin?!) is going through the same things. I really hope that by modifying the CG method, you will find something that works for you. Like IAgirl said, 'cones and sulfates are not necessarily awful. They just don't mix with CO-washing! But, whatever works for you is whatever you should do. Just learn to go with your hair, and everything will become SO much simpler! Occasionally, REALLY bad hair days will happen. That's why they invented the ponytail! :) But, when you're just having a lousy hair day, just know that us curlies are great at rockin' the messy look. ;)
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • JLeighsJLeighs Posts: 904Registered Users Curl Novice
    You're NOT a failure. Going straight CG does not work for me. It worked for me for the first 2 months and that was it for the most part. I never had this major transitioning period that so many others seem to have. I've said this a few times on the forum, but what the CG method taught me more than anything else was how to style my hair. I was not abusing it prior to CG, but because I didn't know how to style it, it didn't look very nice.

I now use a sulfate shampoo once a week, and I use non-sulfate shampoos another once or twice a week, as I feel I need it. I use very little conditioner because my hair just doesn't need or want much. If I used as much conditioner as often as many other curlies do, my hair would look absolutely atrocious --and it used to. It took me a VERY long time to figure out that my hair *cannot* handle much moisture, which meant I needed to greatly reduce the conditioning and increase the shampooing. I used to be continually loading my hair with good rinse-outs and leave-ins, and then 3 or 4 days later my hair would be a disaster, so I would think "oh! I need protein!". Then I'd give it a hefty shot or two of protein, which would work, but then the cycle would start all over again. It finally dawned on me that I might not have to give my hair all these shots of heavy protein if I wasn't moisturizing it so much. *light bulb moment*

This was all a long, drawn out way of saying that we are all different, and what works for some will not work for others. The point of CG is to get your hair feeling AND looking good, and to prevent damage. If CG isn't doing that for you, then go modified or drop it all together. I generally don't use non-water soluble silicones because they don't work for me, but I would absolutely use them if they gave me great hair. Do what works for you. :)
    2C/3A, fine, higher porosity.
  • KeLynnKeLynn Posts: 182Registered Users
    I think adding a sulfate shampoo once a week is a good place to start...Perhaps you should try to shampoo once a week but stick to some aspects of CG to try to keep your hair healthy.

I totally agree with this. Going CG (and even mod-CG) didn't really work out for me. I still pay attention to what I'm putting in/on my hair, and I've definitely cut down on the sulfates/cones (compared to how I was before I tried CG at all) but I don't feel guilty about using sulfates and silicones when I need or want them.
    2b (with some straight under-layer, grrrrr)
    Normal porosity, low elasticity, medium texture

(according to CurlGenie - HUGE surprise, I always thought I had fine hair and my stylists always agreed)

Tried CG for a summer, but it wasn't for me. I don't load up on sulfates and silicones, but I have no shame in using them when I want/need to! Currently loving LOOB.
  • lovefromgirllovefromgirl Posts: 9Registered Users
    I'm not the OP, but... thanks for this thread, CurlTalkers. I hope my hair will do all right on a modified CG, but if it doesn't, it's nice to know that's not the end of the hair care world.
    s t a r l e t :: @ Fotki
    goals apl :: no more frizz! :: 2nd day hair (yeah, I know)
    wash giovanni TTTT
    condition burt's bees more moisture
    leave in/gel nivea essentially enriched body lotion (!) :: tresemmé tres gel
    can't do heat styling :: no-poo (yet)
    Aw, ththd, you're not a failure! For what it's worth, I honestly think your hair is drop-dead gorgeous in your avatar (I've been jealous of it every time I see you post!)! I have been struggling for a very, VERY long while now trying to find products and things that my hair likes. I was actually going to start a thread very similar to this, but you beat me to it! My scalp has been killing me (it's itching like crazy!), but I think I finally found out what I was sensitive to. I can't use anything "normal" because of my sensitive scalp, and my hair isn't doing anything I want it to lately. Since a week ago, it's been poofing/frizzing out on 2nd and 3rd days with my normal routine, and I think I may be slightly frying my hair with my constant diffuser-usage (I'm a diffusing ADDICT now!! :p). I'm in desperate need of a haircut, but I'm scared to get one because I feel I need to cut off a good amount (like you, I've never had my hair above my shoulders -- I've had long hair all my life!). I do believe we are the same hair properties and everything, so at least you know someone with hair exactly like yours (maybe hair twin?!) is going through the same things. I really hope that by modifying the CG method, you will find something that works for you. Like IAgirl said, 'cones and sulfates are not necessarily awful. They just don't mix with CO-washing! But, whatever works for you is whatever you should do. Just learn to go with your hair, and everything will become SO much simpler! Occasionally, REALLY bad hair days will happen. That's why they invented the ponytail! :) But, when you're just having a lousy hair day, just know that us curlies are great at rockin' the messy look. ;)

Thank you so much for the support! I think we are hair twins by the way it looks. Thank you for the compliment. That was a good hair day about a month ago and it hasn't looked like that since. I will be shampooing with SN Daily Clarifying to morrow so we will see how that goes. My hair hates the Aussie mousse so far. (I just bought it)
    JLeighs wrote: »
    You're NOT a failure. Going straight CG does not work for me. It worked for me for the first 2 months and that was it for the most part. I never had this major transitioning period that so many others seem to have. I've said this a few times on the forum, but what the CG method taught me more than anything else was how to style my hair. I was not abusing it prior to CG, but because I didn't know how to style it, it didn't look very nice.

I now use a sulfate shampoo once a week, and I use non-sulfate shampoos another once or twice a week, as I feel I need it. I use very little conditioner because my hair just doesn't need or want much. If I used as much conditioner as often as many other curlies do, my hair would look absolutely atrocious --and it used to. It took me a VERY long time to figure out that my hair *cannot* handle much moisture, which meant I needed to greatly reduce the conditioning and increase the shampooing. I used to be continually loading my hair with good rinse-outs and leave-ins, and then 3 or 4 days later my hair would be a disaster, so I would think "oh! I need protein!". Then I'd give it a hefty shot or two of protein, which would work, but then the cycle would start all over again. It finally dawned on me that I might not have to give my hair all these shots of heavy protein if I wasn't moisturizing it so much. *light bulb moment*

This was all a long, drawn out way of saying that we are all different, and what works for some will not work for others. The point of CG is to get your hair feeling AND looking good, and to prevent damage. If CG isn't doing that for you, then go modified or drop it all together. I generally don't use non-water soluble silicones because they don't work for me, but I would absolutely use them if they gave me great hair. Do what works for you. :)

Thank you, I hope having more knowledge will help me be a good mod. CG. I would use anything if it made my hair look great!!! I'm waiting for that product!!!
    KeLynn wrote: »
    I think adding a sulfate shampoo once a week is a good place to start...Perhaps you should try to shampoo once a week but stick to some aspects of CG to try to keep your hair healthy.

I totally agree with this. Going CG (and even mod-CG) didn't really work out for me. I still pay attention to what I'm putting in/on my hair, and I've definitely cut down on the sulfates/cones (compared to how I was before I tried CG at all) but I don't feel guilty about using sulfates and silicones when I need or want them.
    I'm not the OP, but... thanks for this thread, CurlTalkers. I hope my hair will do all right on a modified CG, but if it doesn't, it's nice to know that's not the end of the hair care world.

I'm glad this thread made you feel better. I don't feel so alone now. I was thinking I was just not quite getting it or I wasn't meant to be CG. I really hope better days are to come...SOON...LOL!!!

Thank you all so much! I love the support!!!!
  • nettiemarianettiemaria Posts: 16Registered Users
    I too, feel the pain. I've been having a problem finding the right products too. My hair keeps going back and forth - looking fine - and then not looking fine. It was great - I even got a compliment on it from a stranger - and then the nexst day - Fried! I finally had to give up and clarify and then K pak - which helped some - at least it's not light orange anymore. But it's still a big ole honking poof of I don't even know what.
    But I'm done buying new stuff.

Regarding the above post - I think the thinking about the hair thing will get better - like a routine though.
    I too, feel the pain. I've been having a problem finding the right products too. My hair keeps going back and forth - looking fine - and then not looking fine. It was great - I even got a compliment on it from a stranger - and then the nexst day - Fried! I finally had to give up and clarify and then K pak - which helped some - at least it's not light orange anymore. But it's still a big ole honking poof of I don't even know what.
    But I'm done buying new stuff.

Regarding the above post - I think the thinking about the hair thing will get better - like a routine though.

I think your hair looks pretty cool in your avitar. I feel the same as you though...one day good...next day bad...then followed by a bunch of bad days until one good day comes around again. It doesn't help that we are getting a ton of rain here in wonderful Cincinnati and my hair hates the rain! My hair is usually best in the winter which did not happen this year. My hair gets big and frizzy in the spring and summer because we have like 100% humidity all the time. My hair just sucks in all that moisture. So that's what I will be looking forward to pretty soon. I guess it's better than the flat hair I've had this winter.
  • KeLynnKeLynn Posts: 182Registered Users
    Hey! I'm in Cincinnati too! Is your power out today? My hair is looking surprisingly good considering I had no electric and couldn't use my diffuser today.
    2b (with some straight under-layer, grrrrr)
    Normal porosity, low elasticity, medium texture

(according to CurlGenie - HUGE surprise, I always thought I had fine hair and my stylists always agreed)

Tried CG for a summer, but it wasn't for me. I don't load up on sulfates and silicones, but I have no shame in using them when I want/need to! Currently loving LOOB.
    KeLynn wrote: »
    Hey! I'm in Cincinnati too! Is your power out today? My hair is looking surprisingly good considering I had no electric and couldn't use my diffuser today.

Too funny. I am actually about 30 miles east of the Nati but it's just easier to say Cincinnati than our small town of Williamsburg. We surprisingly do have power but it flickered off and on all morning. I'm glad you are having a good hair day! I washed mine with SN daily clarifying today and it is a big fluffy mess. I should have expected so.
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    ththd wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the support! I think we are hair twins by the way it looks. Thank you for the compliment. That was a good hair day about a month ago and it hasn't looked like that since. I will be shampooing with SN Daily Clarifying to morrow so we will see how that goes. My hair hates the Aussie mousse so far. (I just bought it)

Aw, you're welcome! I do believe we ARE hair twins! Too bad I have no product advice to offer you! I'm just as lost as you are! :help: But, I have found that the techniques I use make a HUGE difference in how my hair looks. Maybe you can skim through the techniques sticky and keep trying/modifying all of them? It might be worth a shot.

Which Aussie mousse did you pick up? I have the Aussome Volume and the Catch the Wave (this one has 'cones in it -- I'll probably wind up giving it to my mom) one. It took me a long while (and lots of blood, sweat, and tears!) to figure out that my hair just doesn't like mousse. It goes limp, straight, and lifeless. I guess it just doesn't have enough hold for me. If they came out with a super glue mousse, I might use that -- but for now, I'm stickin' with my gel! ;) I can only use mousse on 2nd and 3rd day hair, the days my hair doesn't need that much hold to support the curl. Even then, I use a golf ball sized amount on my hair, and it does get a little crunchy, but my hair feels a LOT lighter this way than it does with the extra gel/condish I normally refresh with. I just spray my hair like usual, scrunch, scrunch in my mousse, and pixie diffuse until it's dry.
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
    Which Aussie mousse did you pick up? I have the Aussome Volume and the Catch the Wave

I can't remember...I'm bad I only used them once and returned them. I am tired of using a product once and never using it again. I know they were both strong hold not maximum. I think the gel may have been smooth down or something like that. My hair has been drying straight and frizzy with mousse or gel lately. It gets a really weird rock hard crunch on some of the straight pieces too. I thought it was because I was raking the products in so I stoppped. Then I thought it was build up but it wasn't that. I'm lost! I need to get on the curl wizard!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file