So When A Woman Has Big Breasts She's Given Off Vibes???

2»

Comments

  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    He was born around 1942 and came of age in the 50's. He's a neanderthal who never evolved. There are men of his age who aren't so stuck in the Mad Men era.

    He is not Everyman. Really, Lotsa, where do you meet these people??

    I met him at a restaurant club, which is really low keyed and not a pick up joint. He was there with his single church group. They go out once a month for dinner and to dance and just to have people to go out with.

    I rarely go out. Maybe once every 3 months and I usually end up meeting some creep. It's not really worth my time. This Saturday night it was raining and I built a big fire in my fireplace and drank wine and watched movies by myself.
    From Michael Berg:

    Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,633Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Lotsawaves wrote: »
    He was there with his single church group. They go out once a month for dinner and to dance and just to have people to go out with.

    He was there with his church group and was talking to you about your boobs? Nice!

    I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    :laughing2:
    0004.gif

    Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P


  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Lotsawaves wrote: »
    He was there with his single church group. They go out once a month for dinner and to dance and just to have people to go out with.

    He was there with his church group and was talking to you about your boobs? Nice!

    No, not the 1st night. He seemed harmless and we have been talking for almost a year now. He just recently brought up my bearing my breasts when I go out.

    He called tonight and I told him how offended I was with what he said. He back pedalled again saying that I don't bear my breasts. He did then say that I am very animated when I talk and I make a lot of eye contact. I told him I do this with women as well and that he is just trying to find some sign that a woman wants him. Let's just say the conversation didn't end that well. I doubt that I will hear from him again. I'm hoping not!
    From Michael Berg:

    Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Lotsawaves wrote: »
    He back pedalled again saying that I don't bear my breasts.
    When I talk to men I shimmy the whole time to make sure they realize that I have boobs. It makes my shoulders a little sore but hey it's totally worth it!~~
  • anonymous_59737anonymous_59737 Posts: 485Registered Users
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    Lotsawaves wrote: »
    He back pedalled again saying that I don't bear my breasts.
    When I talk to men I shimmy the whole time to make sure they realize that I have boobs. It makes my shoulders a little sore but hey it's totally worth it!~~

    :toothy7:
    Hootie-hoo! - Chef Carla
  • nikskenikske Posts: 556Registered Users
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    When I talk to men I shimmy the whole time to make sure they realize that I have boobs. It makes my shoulders a little sore but hey it's totally worth it!~~

    ROFL
    Wurly 2b/2c/3a Miii - high porosity

    event.png


    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum.

    Sodomy non sapiens.

    - Terry Pratchett
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    Why do men have such an obsession with breasts?


    As a woman with larger breasts, there is absolutely nothing you can do or wear to minimize them. They are there. Im not going to wear uncomfortable, high necked, baggy tops to attempt to hide them. I will wear lower necklines that flatter my shape and don't make me look fat and frumpy.

    Its got nothing to do with wanting men to look at me- its about my own self image and feeling confident about how I look. Of course, a lot of men seem to think that I am merely dressed to flatter them and gain their attention *eyeroll* Please.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Heck, I even have the chicks lookin' at my boobies!
    0004.gif

    Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P


  • MaloryMalory Posts: 379Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    [QUOTE=turtles;1597113
    .....I was just saying if you have big boobs and you wear any shirt that allows cleavage to be seen you're a slut (NOT REALLY) but if you're an A cup and you wear a low cut top and you don't really have cleavage you're okay, that was not MY ACTUAL OPINION,.[/QUOTE]

    I know that wasn't your opinion :)
  • MaloryMalory Posts: 379Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oops. I messed up the quote and the forum wouldn't let me go back and edit my post.

    Edit: As long as I've started a new post, I might as well add that the men I know are not like this. Maybe it is because I am older, and the men that I associate with have more experience with women, and more life experience in general, but the men I am friends with - including my husband - do not think that every woman wants to have sex with them or that women are just sex objects.

    The men I know treat women like human beings.

    Many men have sisters. Many men have close female friends.

    Please don't put all men into the same category just because of a few losers.
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    frau wrote: »
    he meant like see the imprint of it, like camel toe.
    it's really idiotic. don't even try to make sense of it.

    I think it's sad that an adult doesn't know the difference between camel toe and vaginas.

    Even most gay men who realized they were gay before dating any females would know THAT difference...

    And I agree that not all men are pigs. There's a difference between having less than pristine thoughts on a regular basis (which I believe would apply to most men) and not understanding that not every woman out there is throwing herself at them, not respecting women, etc. Many women do think if a man has a sexual thought about her he's not showing respect, but I would disagree with that as much as I would disagree with the idea most men as as huge pigs as this guy.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

    But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • slinky1slinky1 Banned Posts: 1,612Banned Users
    I never realized this about men until just recently...at the ripe old age of 30. I guess that I always wanted to assume the best.

    It totally shocks me about what seemingly innocent thing men find sexual, and how they think that women realize they're conjuring these feelings. I'm talking about something as small as wearing a loose, conservative shell top (ohh...showing bare arms...) in 95 degree weather or sqatting to take a file out of a cabinet.

    Then, if you err on the Hillary Clinton side of things, you're accused of being too masculine. Comments are made, even by women, that you should try to look more feminine. There is just no winning.
    ;)
  • nikskenikske Posts: 556Registered Users
    nm
    Wurly 2b/2c/3a Miii - high porosity

    event.png


    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum.

    Sodomy non sapiens.

    - Terry Pratchett
  • KeLynnKeLynn Posts: 182Registered Users
    I think it's a couple things. #1 when you have big boobs it is simply harder to hide or downplay them. So if a man is looking at two women and one doesn't have very noticeable breasts and the other has ones that you can't miss, the guy thinks the latter lady is "showing off" on purpose. Even though she can't help it. It's like their brains don't (or can't) make the extra leap to think "oh, it's because they are actually harder to hide."

    #2 They see a woman with large breasts, and they get all hot and bothered, so they decide the woman "did it to them" and therefore, she must be giving off some kind of vibes to "make" them think this way.

    I have started to wear looser things to work the past couple months. It took years for my boyfriend to beat these facts into my head. I used to argue with him, "I can't make them smaller, guys know that, they know I'm not trying to be slutty and that this is just my body" and he would say "no, they think about that. All they think about is that your boobs are quite noticeable."

    (BTW my BF never asks me to stop wearing fitted clothing and generally doesn't comment on my clothes, but when I ask him if an outfit is "too much" he answers honestly.)
    2b (with some straight under-layer, grrrrr)
    Normal porosity, low elasticity, medium texture

    (according to CurlGenie - HUGE surprise, I always thought I had fine hair and my stylists always agreed)

    Tried CG for a summer, but it wasn't for me. I don't load up on sulfates and silicones, but I have no shame in using them when I want/need to! Currently loving LOOB.
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Why should you have to "hide" your boobs because they're over a certain size anyway?

    So if you don't fall into the under C cup category, you're a circus freak with giant knockers and you have to do whatever it takes to downplay them?

    I'm sure MEN think more sexual of a woman who has big boobs, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything about the actual woman.

    It took me a while to get used to my big boobs, but now, I wouldn't trade them for anything. I wish they were a little firmer....a little higher maybe, but I appreciate the attention they get. And I like when they're played with, so I think they're noticeable for a reason.

    :glasses7:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    slinky1 wrote: »
    I never realized this about men until just recently...at the ripe old age of 30. I guess that I always wanted to assume the best.

    It totally shocks me about what seemingly innocent thing men find sexual, and how they think that women realize they're conjuring these feelings. I'm talking about something as small as wearing a loose, conservative shell top (ohh...showing bare arms...) in 95 degree weather or sqatting to take a file out of a cabinet.

    Then, if you err on the Hillary Clinton side of things, you're accused of being too masculine. Comments are made, even by women, that you should try to look more feminine. There is just no winning.


    Nope.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    turtles wrote: »
    slinky1 wrote: »
    I never realized this about men until just recently...at the ripe old age of 30. I guess that I always wanted to assume the best.

    It totally shocks me about what seemingly innocent thing men find sexual, and how they think that women realize they're conjuring these feelings. I'm talking about something as small as wearing a loose, conservative shell top (ohh...showing bare arms...) in 95 degree weather or sqatting to take a file out of a cabinet.

    Then, if you err on the Hillary Clinton side of things, you're accused of being too masculine. Comments are made, even by women, that you should try to look more feminine. There is just no winning.


    Nope.

    This is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. As women, by definition, we can't win. Such is the nature of our patriarchal and increasing objectified society.

    Opening a file cabinet is a not a sexual gesture.
    Neither is having "too large" breasts. (It's actually not a gesture at all. :roll:)

    However, in our society, women have been sexualized to the point where they ARE considered sexual gestures. (We can blame porn for this, to some degree, but that's another thread. It's certainly not the only contributor though.) Now, of course, not all men consider women as sex toys and some women may win in their individual circumstances. I'm speaking in very broad terms. Even people who are rational, self-reflective who can honestly say "women are not sex objects" still view them through the lens of our culture - a culture that tends to measure a woman's worth based on her "sexual appeal."
  • LISA LISALISA LISA Posts: 566Registered Users
    I think most of the stigma leans toward women who have a smaller waist/boob ratio. Most studies are usually done on the waist/hip ratio - but I think this idea is missing someting entirely.

    When a woman has a DD cup and a tiny waist size - men stare, (some) women are threatened and and people of both sexes walk into walls trying to get a glimpse.

    When a woman has a larger waist and a DD cup - it just seems naturally less "obscene". Still noteworthy, but less "jaw dropping".

    Am I wrong?
    Big Chop from hip - 5/2014
    Enjoying the journey to APL or BSL!
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75884&dateline=1412004981
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    LISA LISA wrote: »
    When a woman has a DD cup and a tiny waist size - men stare, (some) women are threatened and and people of both sexes walk into walls trying to get a glimpse.

    When a woman has a larger waist and a DD cup - it just seems naturally less "obscene". Still noteworthy, but less "jaw dropping".

    Am I wrong?
    Well a DD cup on a large woman is gonna be bigger than a DD cup on a thin woman.
  • LISA LISALISA LISA Posts: 566Registered Users
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    LISA LISA wrote: »
    When a woman has a DD cup and a tiny waist size - men stare, (some) women are threatened and and people of both sexes walk into walls trying to get a glimpse.

    When a woman has a larger waist and a DD cup - it just seems naturally less "obscene". Still noteworthy, but less "jaw dropping".

    Am I wrong?
    Well a DD cup on a large woman is gonna be bigger than a DD cup on a thin woman.

    I'm sure you understand my point.
    Big Chop from hip - 5/2014
    Enjoying the journey to APL or BSL!
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75884&dateline=1412004981
  • NejNej Posts: 2,444Registered Users Curl Neophyte

    Many women do think if a man has a sexual thought about her he's not showing respect, but I would disagree with that as much as I would disagree with the idea most men as as huge pigs as this guy.

    This. I don't see anything wrong with having sexual thoughts. You can see someone in a sexual way and still treat them with dignity and respect.
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-2027-1364839025-19.gif
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    nikske wrote: »
    Men just have a fascination with boobs. Whether we "flaunt" them or not, somehow the mere fact of having visible boobage makes some men think we're somehow signalling them our sexual desires. They don't seem to understand that our boobs come with the package, that we don't want to minimize them, duct tape them, hide them because they may have a reaction to them. They're just projecting their own feelings unto us and have no understanding that to most women most of the time boobs are not sexual.

    This.

    Also [in reference to the OP, and breast size aside] if a woman is sexual that does not make her a whore, a ho, or a hoe or any other gardening implement. Frankly, to even casually imply otherwise is misogynistic.

    Also, no casual observer can ever see anyone's vagina, no matter how short or tight their clothing is.
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    Saila wrote: »
    turtles wrote: »
    slinky1 wrote: »
    I never realized this about men until just recently...at the ripe old age of 30. I guess that I always wanted to assume the best.

    It totally shocks me about what seemingly innocent thing men find sexual, and how they think that women realize they're conjuring these feelings. I'm talking about something as small as wearing a loose, conservative shell top (ohh...showing bare arms...) in 95 degree weather or sqatting to take a file out of a cabinet.

    Then, if you err on the Hillary Clinton side of things, you're accused of being too masculine. Comments are made, even by women, that you should try to look more feminine. There is just no winning.


    Nope.

    This is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. As women, by definition, we can't win. Such is the nature of our patriarchal and increasing objectified society.

    Opening a file cabinet is a not a sexual gesture.
    Neither is having "too large" breasts. (It's actually not a gesture at all. :roll:)

    However, in our society, women have been sexualized to the point where they ARE considered sexual gestures. (We can blame porn for this, to some degree, but that's another thread. It's certainly not the only contributor though.) Now, of course, not all men consider women as sex toys and some women may win in their individual circumstances. I'm speaking in very broad terms. Even people who are rational, self-reflective who can honestly say "women are not sex objects" still view them through the lens of our culture - a culture that tends to measure a woman's worth based on her "sexual appeal."

    word.

    and that's why when other women insult other women they immediately insult something about their looks or weight or they call them a slut. ....I remember when I was called a slut in elementary school by this other girl because I wouldn't let her wear my jacket that I got for christmas
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ^ That's just sad. :sad3:
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    LISA LISA wrote: »
    I'm sure you understand my point.
    Well yes, I do. I was making another point about how bra sizing works :dontknow:

    As for your point, I think the difference is that thinness is conventionally attractive and fatness is not conventionally attractive. Also since most women's boobs are mostly fat, it's less common for women with low body fat to have large breasts.
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    My mom has long been under the impression that European men don't make as big a deal out of breasts than American men do. She traveled Europe in the 70s, but I'm not sure where and when she got that impression. She says the American man's obsession with boobs makes Europeans think they're coddled and love boobs because they want mother like mates. It's not like there isn't native sex appeal in them, but the above and beyond response stems from that.

    I personally have no clue but wouldn't mind hearing from any Europeans on the matter :lol:

    If I had to guess, boobs are probably as big a deal in at least England as they are here...and maybe, if my mom is right, it's just carried over.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

    3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    ^ Breasts are just a big a deal over here - but I don't think they are in some other countries.
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    kat180 wrote: »
    ^ Breasts are just a big a deal over here - but I don't think they are in some other countries.

    I concur
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    in my wifes area women breastfeed anytime anywhere without anyone blinking an eye. it took me by surprise the first couple times but after that it was no big deal

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file