Pink Family Dollar gel?

Has anyone tried this? I almost bought it today before I realized it wasn't LA Looks. It said "compare to LA Looks" on it. It smelled nice & fruity. I'm just wondering if it's CG or if anyone's tried it because I can't find any reviews online anywhere.
:love2: as of 6/12/11.

COwash- Suave Juicy Apple.
Rinse-out- VO5 Passion Fruit Moisture Milks.

Recovering from a bad glue-in extension job. :sad7:

Comments

• Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Is this the gel that can be found at the Dollar Tree? They have a cone free condish too. I was wondering how that was. I almost bought it to try as a cowash. There's a matching poo but I don't think its sulfate free.
    That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
    Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
    RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
    Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
  • BrittneeAubreex3BrittneeAubreex3 Posts: 309Registered Users
    Is this the gel that can be found at the Dollar Tree? They have a cone free condish too. I was wondering how that was. I almost bought it to try as a cowash. There's a matching poo but I don't think its sulfate free.

Not Dollar Tree, Family Dollar. I guess they're dif, Idk.

Bump!

• Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    OIC. We don't have those stores here. :( We have Dollar Tree and the 99 Cent Store.
    (Funny side note, the 99 Cent Store is everywhere. When I was in London, a guy on the tube had a bag from their version of the 99 Cent Store, same logo and everything, only instead of the"c" sign, it was a"p" sign in the logo for "pence" :D just thought I'd share that! I wonder what hair products they have in their dollar store?)

Anyway, I wish we had more dollar stores with more CG options! I'd give it a try if I were you. Let us know how it is. $1 is a great investment!
    That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
    Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
    RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
    Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
    OIC. We don't have those stores here. :( We have Dollar Tree and the 99 Cent Store.
    (Funny side note, the 99 Cent Store is everywhere. When I was in London, a guy on the tube had a bag from their version of the 99 Cent Store, same logo and everything, only instead of the"c" sign, it was a"p" sign in the logo for "pence" :D just thought I'd share that! I wonder what hair products they have in their dollar store?)

Anyway, I wish we had more dollar stores with more CG options! I'd give it a try if I were you. Let us know how it is. $1 is a great investment!

I might be returning my LALSG so if I do I'll get it. I can't find it anywhere online, I wanted to post the ingredients. :(

• mesuemesue Posts: 244Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think Family Dollar is more like Dollar General than the everything is $1 stores. Things cost varying amounts, but priced at even dollar amounts, so $3 instead of 2.99 or whatever.
    Sue

Axed the perpetual ponytail and went curly on 1/6/2011.
    Hair Properties: 3a/b, fine-medium texture, thick density, normal porosity.
    Still experimenting with products and routine.
    So far, I like: FSG, GTTTT, V05 Conditioners, protein treatments, this towel.

"Well, as soon as we get ourselves cleaned up and we get a little smellum in our hair, why, we're gonna feel 100% better about ourselves and about life in general." - Ulysses Everett McGill
    mesue wrote: »
    I think Family Dollar is more like Dollar General than the everything is $1 stores. Things cost varying amounts, but priced at even dollar amounts, so $3 instead of 2.99 or whatever.

ohh. have you tried the gel?

• mesuemesue Posts: 244Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    have you tried the gel?
    No. I have too many gels as it is.
    Sue

Axed the perpetual ponytail and went curly on 1/6/2011.
    Hair Properties: 3a/b, fine-medium texture, thick density, normal porosity.
    Still experimenting with products and routine.
    So far, I like: FSG, GTTTT, V05 Conditioners, protein treatments, this towel.

"Well, as soon as we get ourselves cleaned up and we get a little smellum in our hair, why, we're gonna feel 100% better about ourselves and about life in general." - Ulysses Everett McGill
    Someone needs to try this gel! Or atleast find it online & post the ingredients!

• jenny curljenny curl Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    If it's only a dollar, just buy it and try it. Product reviews can be really helpful, but its going to work differently on everyone. The only time I really read product reviews is if its an expensive product that I don't want to waste money on. But a dollar is a giveaway! As far as it being CG, as long as it doesn't have drying alcohols or silicones in it then you should be good to go.
    3b/c :: Fine :: Porous

I:love5: My Hair
  • dani3176dani3176 Posts: 9Registered Users
    I'm just starting the CG method but having problems finding the right styling product. I see alcohol in all gels that I've looked at! How do you know if a gel or mousse or something else works better or for what type hair? Lastly are all alcohols bad and drying?
    3b ringlets, coarse, thick, very porous CG: March 2011.
    Co wash: Suave Naturals or V05
    condish: Matrix Conditioning Balm (GVP)
    Gel: LA Looks Cashmere Curls
    Mousse: Herbal Essences Set Me Up
    Leave In: Kinky Kurly Knot Today
    DT: Lustrasilk Shea Butter with Cholesterol and Lustrasilk Olive Oil Hair Mayonnaise
    Oils: EVOO, Ultimate Herbal Oil, any and everything...my hair Loves Oil
    Love making moisture concoctions out of everything I can grab mixed with honey!
    dani3176 wrote: »
    I'm just starting the CG method but having problems finding the right styling product. I see alcohol in all gels that I've looked at! How do you know if a gel or mousse or something else works better or for what type hair? Lastly are all alcohols bad and drying?

LA Looks is alcohol free :) & not all alcohols, read this:
    CurlySuzy Q&A: Help Me Understand Alcohols | NaturallyCurly.com

• OhSunshinex3OhSunshinex3 Posts: 74Registered Users
    I am always at Family Dollar so I saw this gel next to the LA Looks Gel so I wanted to try it out since it's a little cheaper than the LA Looks and I'm trying to save money where I can so even if it's a dollar difference, it's still something. I'm still a beginner Curly Girl so I can usually tell when a product is okay or not but I haven't really read the ingredients and I was just thinking about it so I wanted to know if it was at least Curly Girl so I could give it a try. I can't find the ingredients list anywhere online. :/ I may just have to pick it up and try it out. I believe there is a blue Family Dollar brand gel too. I will have to check them both out next time I'm in there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file