Best Rice Cooker/Vegetable Steamer Combo

SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I am in need of a Rice Cooker that has the capability of cooking rice and steaming vegetables, too. My current diet restrictions allow for both rice and certain veggies, and I'm told the newer models of rice cookers have functionality to cook both.

The thing is, I'm super lazy and would like to do one mass cooking of my vegetables to get them out of the way for a few days. I know with the rice cooker, the amount of rice cooked wouldn't be a problem, but from what I'm reading, the size of the steam baskets seem to be rather small.

Does anybody have any suggestions of a rice cooker/vegetable steamer option (I really need them to be one unit since I have limited counter space) that would have a pretty big steamer basket that would hold enough vegetables to last me 2-3 days? Longer if possible? I eat quite a few veggies, FYI.

TIA!

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Get the boil in bag rice.
    Get the frozen veggies you can steam.
    Viola! :toothy8:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file