Best disposable razor

J.S.M.J.S.M. Posts: 415Registered Users
Hey, I'm looking for a new razor, preferably a disposable one. Got any suggestions?

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't notice much of a difference in disposable razors. I just buy the cheapest...which is usually a store-brand knockoff.
  • J.S.M.J.S.M. Posts: 415Registered Users
    I don't notice much of a difference in disposable razors. I just buy the cheapest...which is usually a store-brand knockoff.

Do you notice any difference in the number of blades? Because I see some with two blades and others with three, and I'm wondering if that makes a difference in the closeness of the shave. I usually use a non-disposable razor with five blades, but I like to change the razor heads way too often to keep using non-disposables, but I never see a disposable razor around here with five blades, and I'm wondering if more blades really makes a difference.

• BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users
    I've tried all sorts of disposable razors: the cheap, the expensive, the brands, the knockoffs, the popular ones ... lots. My absolute favorite is the Schick Xtreme3. I can't get a closer shave with other brands, no matter how many blades they have.
    Under construction.
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,633Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I like all the Venus razors. I use them about six times before I toss the heads.

I know that there is one that hated, if that helps. Bic Silky Touch does not give a close shave, IMO.

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    I like all the Venus razors. I use them about six times before I toss the heads.

I know that there is one that hated, if that helps. Bic Silky Touch does not give a close shave, IMO.

Co-sign. My legs felt better than when I used Nair.
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't notice a difference between 2, 3, 4, 5 blades. They're all the same to me. If I exfoliate well before shaving, I get a closer shave with any razor.

I no longer use Venus. I have cut myself too many times with those damn razors. Maybe they're just wrong for my anatomy, because other people seem to love them, but they just take off WAY too much of my skin. I don't want THAT close of a shave.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    If I exfoliate well before shaving, I get a closer shave with any razor.
    Bingo, especially the bikini area, plus I do an extra scrub, as well.
    I like the razors w/ the lotion. I use the Gillette Pivot Plus w/ the lubrication.
    Good News Pivot Plus Disposable Razor By Gillette - 12 Ea Buy Online
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I like Noxzema razors. They have 2 blades, I think, and the head pivots.

I wish I could remember the name of the ones that had the really slippery handles. Someone was just not thinking when they came up with that design.
  • OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i need at least 3 razors for my head. i dont know the best one but i just know theyre freaking expensive
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I use Quattro disposables.

The Venus and the Noxzema ones aren't so bad, but they don't give me quite as close of a shave.

Anything else will require a blood transfusion post shave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I haven't used disposables in years, but I used to like just plain old Gillette (?) blue Good News razors as well as any.

Despised Bic - those things have dangerous corners, or at least they used to.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    I don't use women's razors - I use (men's) Bic Comfort 3 razors. They're really nice, if you ask me!

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Befrizzled wrote: »
    I've tried all sorts of disposable razors: the cheap, the expensive, the brands, the knockoffs, the popular ones ... lots. My absolute favorite is the Schick Xtreme3. I can't get a closer shave with other brands, no matter how many blades they have.
    Same for me. I love the Xtreme3. I tried the Gillette Venus razor and hated it. Too many blades and the strips gooped up so quickly.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file