Donna Marie Customer Service

pjjosephgisspjjosephgiss Posts: 643Registered Users
I ordered from Donna Marie on 2/14. I received an email that the order was processed. One week later, I received an email that the order was shipped. I am still waiting for it to arrive! Has anyone else experienced this slow shipping? Thanks!
Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
Style- UFD, Camille Rose, Hello Curly, Kinky Curly
Sealant- Jamaican Black Castor and Avocado oils, Qhemet Biologics Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm
Will try any CG product at least once.
Proud to be a PJ!
:happy7::wave:

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Donna Marie is in Washington, I live outside of Philly. Her post office hates me! For some unknown reason, it always takes a long time for me to get it once it's shipped!
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lesliegonnacurllesliegonnacurl Posts: 478Registered Users
    I'm sad to hear this. I tried to order her stuff from Sage Naturalceuticals but they are only going to have her stylers in stock from now on.
    Mostly relaxed, yet still curly hair, which I am going to try to grow out with daily conditioner rinses and a shampoo once or twice a week.

Officially Transitioning since March 2011.
    Last Relaxer September 2010

Got some kind of curly bangs going here! And I think my bangs are all natural!

I think that my natural hair is somewhere between a 3b and a 3c, I hope it's not too soon to tell! :blob4:
  • pjjosephgisspjjosephgiss Posts: 643Registered Users
    Its very frustrating. I really want to try to Dream curl cream! I just did the BC, and am finding that my natural hair reacts way different than my texturized hair to products. I need a good cream styler....HEY!- maybe I need to post that in the 4a boards:salut:
    Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
    Sealant- Jamaican Black Castor and Avocado oils, Qhemet Biologics Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm
    Proud to be a PJ!
    I ordered very early this morning. I guess I won't have them by next weekend :( :crybaby:
    Mostly relaxed, yet still curly hair, which I am going to try to grow out with daily conditioner rinses and a shampoo once or twice a week.

I think that my natural hair is somewhere between a 3b and a 3c, I hope it's not too soon to tell! :blob4:
    My Dream Curl Cream finally got here!:icon_smile:
    Proud to be a PJ!
    glad you got it, but sad to hear that that's been a total of 12 days :/

Today I got an e-mail saying that my order has shipped, I hope it doesn't take forever!

it did take a long time...makes me think twice about ordering from them again, but I do like the Dream Curling Cream, after you and Empressri gave me some pointers on slappin' on too much stuff!:cheers:
    Proud to be a PJ!
    According to what the tracking said, mine is supposed to come tomorrow. I will have to pick it up at my mom and dad's since I usually don't have packages delivered to me (I live in a condo).

I ordered the shampoo, condish, moisture mist, and curling cream. My biggest hopes are for the shampoo and condish to work out. If not, I'll probably just try to find a decent salon brand shampoo and cowash other days with Knot Today and use just that or top with KCCC. I'm getting a little sick of the endless product search :/

• crazywavescrazywaves Posts: 582Registered Users
    Snail mail is becoming more and more common with the postal service. Once you can confirm they have actually mailed it its out of there hands how long it takes to get to your door. I have had packages take 19 days to make it to me.

They are losing money and want to make changes the government hasnt let them do yet. Poor service may get them want they want.
    I went to pick up the products today at my parents house. The shampoo smells a bit "herby" or "tart" so I hope it doesn't sting my scalp. Everything else seems cool though. Maybe I will try it tonight after my nap.

I tried coils and twists on my mom's hair using the curl cream today. Loved the feel and tolerated the smell well. My mom has a small afro, and I don't have the patience for teeny twists, so in the end when I took them out (before they were even dry but I was ready to go). I didn't get some fantastic style, and just ended up picking her hair out back into a fro.

That being said, the cream felt good in her hair as I was trying to twist and coil it. So I would recommend the cream to anyone who knows what they are doing when they are twisting and coiling. I hope my hair can look good on the second day with this cream, not just the first day, like it does with CCC Lite. Either way, I know that the smell does not sting my nose like CCC Lite.

I left the CCC Lite at my parents house to see if my niece or nephew you can use it. I think it would work fine to moisturize my nephews hair and make it curl up (tried it on him), and would work fine in my neice's twists.

I like the dream curling cream, but it has next to no hold. I used Uncle Funky's Daughter gel on top of it to make sure it would hold, and I got to 4 day hair. I have a TWA right now, but it still looked good with daily refreshing.
    Proud to be a PJ!
    I like the dream curling cream, but it has next to no hold. I used Uncle Funky's Daughter gel on top of it to make sure it would hold, and I got to 4 day hair. I have a TWA right now, but it still looked good with daily refreshing.

That is a good suggestion. Ha, my mom keeps it pretty simple she would probably never use more than one product at a time. I really think if I knew what I was doing and I was more patient we could have had a nice result. The pieces that I undid looked great, but we could see so much scalp and the pieces didn't fluff together and blend (looked like separate chunks), so I blended it all back in to a fro. Maybe next time I should just try to fluff it back together by the roots?

Also, one section I just experimented with pulling down pieces to try a wash and go. Curls were defined, but MAJOR shrinkage. My mom's hair is pretty short though, she just BCed this summer.

I was knocked out for most of the evening, so now I probably won't use my products until tomorrow morning :(

Yes, there is major shrinkage, but I have given up on that for now. Will try a twistout one day soon to stretch. Maybe if you allowed the twists to set, they would not be so piecy when you took it down?
    Proud to be a PJ!
    Yes, there is major shrinkage, but I have given up on that for now. Will try a twistout one day soon to stretch. Maybe if you allowed the twists to set, they would not be so piecy when you took it down?

One problem I have when I twist is that I don't think I made enough. One day when I have the patience I will try making more, but I only spent probably 10 or 15 mins total coiling, twisting, and wash and go (tried in various parts of her head).

Also, yes, they definitely need to set!

I'm sorry, but the shampoo was absolutely horrible.

• GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,784Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It seems like people really like her products or they really don't.

I liked her Lock and Twist, when she had it, but that was the only product that worked well in my hair.

It seems as though the formulation for her products is mainly glycerin. I know glycerin is not the second ingredient usually, but when I place her products on my hair that's what it feels like. I used to make my own leave-in, and could tell when I used too much glycerin. My hair likes glycerin, but it does have to be in proportion with the rest of the ingredients, otherwise it feels greasy and becomes dry.
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights