Anybody ever tried Papoutsaris Olive oil soap

ththdththd Posts: 306Registered Users Curl Novice
Has anybody ever tried this Greek soap on their hair? I just read about it today and was curious even though I don't think my hair would like the olive oil.
Tresemme Botanical shampoo, Cantu No Poo, sometimes Suave Lavender or coconut cowash  
Tresemme Flawless curls gel, Herbal Essence Totally Twisted gel, Ecostyler gel (pink one)
Giovanni weightless leave-in
My hair hates Shea Moisture products 
Plopping makes my curls weird ;) 
I still use Tresemme Fine Mist hairspray for the side swept bangs...I can't live without it!
Curl Genie: Medium-fine texture, normal to high porosity, low elasticity, medium density

Comments

• KellycatKellycat Posts: 79Registered Users
    I haven't tried this brand, but I did buy olive oil soap bars over the summer while I was on vacation in Greece, and they were fantastic on my hair. LOVE them. I got really soft, shiny curls. For me, they worked best in the warmer, humid weather.

Where did you see this brand--online? Would love to know as I only have one more of my soap bars left : )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hair type: 2b
    Texture: Fine
    Density: Medium (yet crazy-huge volume)
    Porosity: Normal
    Elasticity: Normal (I think....)
    Oily scalp
    Low-poos: CJ Daily Fix; AO Green Tea Clarifying
    Co-washing: Tresemme Naturals Conditioner
    Conditioner: As needed
    Styling: FSG; KCCC (winter favorite); CJ Curl Fix; CJ Coffee Coco Curl Cream Lite; BSRHG (a MUST)

Current obsession: Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner

• ththdththd Posts: 306Registered Users Curl Novice
    Thank you for the reponse. I found it on Amazon for dirt cheap!
    Tresemme Botanical shampoo, Cantu No Poo, sometimes Suave Lavender or coconut cowash  
    Tresemme Flawless curls gel, Herbal Essence Totally Twisted gel, Ecostyler gel (pink one)
    I still use Tresemme Fine Mist hairspray for the side swept bangs...I can't live without it!
    Curl Genie: Medium-fine texture, normal to high porosity, low elasticity, medium density
    Cool!

I forgot to add that after using the soap bars I would follow up with vinegar and water rinse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oily scalp
    Styling: FSG; KCCC (winter favorite); CJ Curl Fix; CJ Coffee Coco Curl Cream Lite; BSRHG (a MUST)

Kellycat wrote: »
    Cool!

I forgot to add that after using the soap bars I would follow up with vinegar and water rinse.

You follow up with the vinegar everytime you use the bar? I used a different soap bar on my hair from Etsy and it made my hair tangly and it felt awful. Would the vinegar help with that?
    Yes, I did the vinegar rinse after each wash (just a splash in a big cup of water). The rinse definitely made my hair feel very soft (kind of a little seaweedy/slimy, but in a good way). I didn't really get any tangling from the soap wash itself, however.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oily scalp

Kellycat wrote: »
    Yes, I did the vinegar rinse after each wash (just a splash in a big cup of water). The rinse definitely made my hair feel very soft (kind of a little seaweedy/slimy, but in a good way). I didn't really get any tangling from the soap wash itself, however.

I have never had the seaweed feely...I don't even know how to get that. I figured my hair is just too dry. I would love to have that feeling though. Then I would know it was soft and moisturized.
  • creativepossessionscreativepossessions Posts: 20Registered Users
    Hi ladies,

Kellycat, what brand soap bars do use that you like? I just tried a sample from kathymack. I'm not sure if I like them or not. It's the first time i ever used a bar in my hair. I did follow with a water/apple cider vinegar rinse which helped.:icescream:
    2C wavy fine hair
    My hair is wavy and fine:thumbright:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file