CurlTalk

follow-up to cones post - need cream styler recommendations.

If anyone knows of one that:

-Does not enhance the curl - I prefer a looser look
-CG friendly; only water-soluble cones
-can be purchased in a store (if possible)
-does not create more volume
-no crunch
-good hold

I am lost here & need some help asap! A few have recommended the out of bed cream, but I hear that creates more volume. I have enough volume! Also, I was concerned that it was on clearance at Walgreens.

Thanks for the help & happy holidays!!

Comments

• memesmemes Posts: 785Registered Users
    I like the Curl Junkie cream stylers, particularly the Coffee Cocoa one. I only find them to be curl enhancing if I scrunch them....if I comb them through they seem to actually loosen the curl a bit.

I recently tried the Rusk Being Gutsy creme styler and I didn't find it to be either volume or curl enhancing. I didn't particularly like the scent so I would be happy to send it to you if you are the United States (no charge) so you could give it a try.

Merry Christmas,

Michelle
    3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites: Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.
  • curlsofnycurlsofny Posts: 478Registered Users
    memes wrote:
    I like the Curl Junkie cream stylers, particularly the Coffee Cocoa one. I only find them to be curl enhancing if I scrunch them....if I comb them through they seem to actually loosen the curl a bit.

I recently tried the Rusk Being Gutsy creme styler and I didn't find it to be either volume or curl enhancing. I didn't particularly like the scent so I would be happy to send it to you if you are the United States (no charge) so you could give it a try.

Merry Christmas,

Michelle

That is so nice of you! I should at least pay you something for it. Did you like it aside from the scent?
    bump
  • memesmemes Posts: 785Registered Users
    It was good but I didn't like it as much as I like the Curl Junkie ones. My dear guy actually asked if I was using something different because my hair looked "heavy" basically my curls were much more clumped and had somewhat less volume (I have lots of volume on my own) which might be what you are looking for. I would have continued to use it but I'm very finicky about scents :)

Let me know if you'd like it....just e-mail me or message me through this site and I'll get it off to you when I get back from the holidays. I'm going to be gone until Tuesday of next week and may not be checking e-mail during that time.

Happy Holidays,

Michelle
    3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites: Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    Boots cream fits your needs except for being available in stores.

You could try Dove Molding Cream, which might do what you're looking for.
    memes wrote:
    It was good but I didn't like it as much as I like the Curl Junkie ones. My dear guy actually asked if I was using something different because my hair looked "heavy" basically my curls were much more clumped and had somewhat less volume (I have lots of volume on my own) which might be what you are looking for. I would have continued to use it but I'm very finicky about scents :)

Let me know if you'd like it....just e-mail me or message me through this site and I'll get it off to you when I get back from the holidays. I'm going to be gone until Tuesday of next week and may not be checking e-mail during that time.

Happy Holidays,

Michelle

Sent you a pm, thanks!!
    SuZen wrote:
    Boots cream fits your needs except for being available in stores.

You could try Dove Molding Cream, which might do what you're looking for.

I tried Boots once, but think I used it incorrectly. Maybe I'll give it a second shot. Thanks for both recommendations. Also, today I was out & bought HE Totally Twisted - for $2.95 who cares if it works :lol: