Please rec me some CJ products for my hair

Hi ladies :alien:
I am almost out of my current curl enhancer (recoil) and LI (GDLI) and was thinking about ordering samples of some CJ products.
What would y'all recommend I try? Not just a curl cream/LI, but any styling products. Hair props in my siggie, although I'm questioning now how coarse I really am. I've been told by stylists all my life my hair is really coarse, but after researching on these boards, I don't think I'm as coarse as I've been led to believe....definately porous tho.
TIA :happy6:
Cyndi ~ TX CG since 11/10 :mrgreen:
3a, medium texture, normal porosity & elasticity, medium density, color-treated, frizz-prone

Currently using:
Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coco; AIA Coconut cowash
Cleansing: CJ DF
RO: CJ Smoothing,GVP CB
LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion, AIA leave in
Stylers: SCE Okra Gel; SCE CC; SCE HHG, SSCEJ, SSFHG, AIA Curl Jelly
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• kat180kat180 Registered Users Posts: 6,280 Curl Novice
    Do you just want styling products or any CJ products? :)

Um, can you tell us a bit more your routine or what your hair dislikes/likes? For example, glycerin, protein, aloe etc? Do you tend to like lighter products, or heavier ones with oils/butters?

Also if you still cant decide, the website has a selection guide that might help, or you can email Marsha herself and she will help you out as well.
  • mrsgp101310mrsgp101310 Registered Users Posts: 182
    kat180 wrote: »
    Do you just want styling products or any CJ products? :)

Um, can you tell us a bit more your routine or what your hair dislikes/likes? For example, glycerin, protein, aloe etc? Do you tend to like lighter products, or heavier ones with oils/butters?

Also if you still cant decide, the website has a selection guide that might help, or you can email Marsha herself and she will help you out as well.

Hi Kat! Right now I'm just trying to narrow in on styling products since I'm running out of what I currently have.
    I'm still new to this, so I haven't really figured out what my hair likes/dislikes...still in the experimental stage. I do know I tend to do better with heavier products to weight my hair down some so it's not so big from too much volume. I like what i'm using now ok, but I'd like to venture out to see if I can do better. I think the re:coil is somewhat drying to my hair and I'd like less frizz, more definition and more moisture. I co-wash twice a week, and wet my hair/apply more products on the days in between. I did look at the CJ website and the product recommendations but was hoping curlies with my hair type would chime in to see what actually works/doesn't work for our hair type.
    3a, medium texture, normal porosity & elasticity, medium density, color-treated, frizz-prone

Currently using:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All CJ products are very moisturizing :) Without knowing much about your hair, I'd say maybe try some of these ones out:

Stylers:
    -Coffee Cocoa Cream - heavy styling product and leave-in conditioner in one
    -Curls in a Bottle - serum to go over a gel (lightweight - might be something to try out later once you know what your hair likes - all of CJ gives me a bit of shine)
    -Curl Queen - medium hold gel
    (only go for the Aloe Fix Gel is your hair loves lots of Aloe Vera)

Protein Treatments - coarse hair is better with less protein generally, but colour treated hair tends to need protein, so I would suggest you definitely buy Curl Fix (this can be used as a PT/Rinse out/leave-in - its great if your hair likes protein and your not sure how much - and very versatile - which will save you some money as you can use it in so many ways. Its not however, the nicest smelling product personally - quite floral, but the smell doesn't hang around either).

Deep Treatments:
    -Deep Fix or Rehab - I can't help you much on these - but people seem to love them, the Deep Fix is heavier, though I have heard of people using as a rinse out as well - if you want more moisture it might be an idea to try out a deep conditioner

Conditioners:
    There are loads and I haven't tried them all - I think a lot of people use them in all different ways, they are very versatile - hopefully someone else will chime in and help out, but maybe try:
    -Beauticurls leave-in (I love this because it is glycerin free, and one few products without aloe vera in - which my hair likes but isn't so good for me in the winter)
    -Smoothing conditioner or smoothing lotion (leave-in/styler) are suggested for frizzy hair

HTH some! :D
    Thanks so much Kat for your input!! I just ordered the sample styler set on the CJ website and will order samples of some of the other products you mentioned from KathyM.
    Thanks again :)

Currently using:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    That sounds like a great idea! Enjoy your samples!
    Thanks Kat :)

Currently using:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file