Anyone try the Ahh Bra?

RheannaRheanna Posts: 2,614Registered Users
I hate bras. I can't ever seem to get the right size no matter what. My straps always fall down or cut into me, never anything between. I am small, but they're not the perkiest, especially since having a child, and I generally need underwire to keep from being a bit saggy. And then the underwire starts to poke through. :\

This sounds wonderful, but I'm skeptical of it. I worry that it won't support enough (like that I'll have sag issues), that it's so thin that everything can be seen. Just curious if anyone has tried it.

Ahh Bra - Discover Comfort, discover great looks.
DPTFm5.png

Comments

• curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    No, but this is the best (and cheapest) wireless bra I've found:
    Bali Double Support Wire Free Bra 3820 - FREE Shipping

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • breathebreathe Posts: 399Registered Users
    I have sports bras just like that thing, I swear.
    big chop: 03/09/2010.
    modified cg.
    medium/coarse | dense | normal porosity | 4b/3c with random sprinkles of 4a.

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You won't be happy with that thing. It might be comfortable, but you won't get any decent shaping. It'll be shoosh-city.

If you're over a 36C, I suggest you go to Lane Bryant. They have the BEST bras, and when they run specials and clearances, I get the best prices there. They have a "back smoothing" bra that is just awesome...smooths all that back-fat right away. It comes in lined and unlined versions. 36C upward, but it runs a little small, so 34B's might fit in it.
    If your straps are falling down, you're probably wearing a too-large band size. 95% of a bra's support should come from the band. The straps get tightened just to hold the rest of the bra in place. You shouldn't be getting support or lack-of-support from the straps. That's how women get those shoulder groove things.
  • KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You won't be happy with that thing. It might be comfortable, but you won't get any decent shaping. It'll be shoosh-city.

:laughing3: I'm just giggling at 'shoosh-city,' but it does look more like something to sleep in, than wear 16 hours a day.
    3a/2c
    Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
    AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I'm doing something wrong here. I've always worn a 34C. I was never measured, so I don't know if it was ever a perfect fit but it seemed fine. I googled how to do the measurements myself and I'm getting 30A? That makes no sense. Right over the fullest part of my breasts I'm 31" (cup) and under I'm 27" (band). Can someone help me figure this out?
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    medussa wrote: »
    I'm doing something wrong here.

This is me.

I've tried with bras. I've followed the advice. I've measured. I've spent the necessary money to get a quality bra. And I am still readjusting my bra several times a day. I'm sick of it.

I long for the days when I was smaller and perkier and could get away with a shelf tank. So comfortable!

The bra the OP posted looks pretty flimsy, IMO.
    KurlyKae wrote: »

:laughing3: I'm just giggling at 'shoosh-city,' but it does look more like something to sleep in, than wear 16 hours a day.

LOL...I meant to say SQUISH-city. I don't know how it came out of my fingers as shoosh.

Alzheimers...it ain't for the weak...
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Right over the fullest part of my breasts I'm 31" (cup) and under I'm 27" (band). Can someone help me figure this out?
    27" should probably be a 30 band, which is fairly difficult to find. 31-27 = 4, which corresponds to D. So your basic bra size is probably 30 D, but this will vary when you actually try bras on because bra measurements aren't standardized. So depending on the particular bra, you might wear 32C or 28DD/E or something like that. 32 bands are a little easier to find than 30 bands, so you might want to look for 32 bands that run small.

For someone as slim as you are, the band of a new bra should pretty much be as tight as possible while still letting your chest expand fully when you breathe in. Like, if you can breathe in deeply and just fit a finger under the band, the band is probably the right size. (This would really cut into the skin of someone who's bigger, though.) As RCW said, it's the band that's supposed to keep the bra positioned correctly. The straps just help the top of the cups lie flush along the body.
  • ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Posts: 2,264Registered Users
    Rheanna wrote: »
    I hate bras. I can't ever seem to get the right size no matter what. My straps always fall down or cut into me, never anything between. I am small, but they're not the perkiest, especially since having a child, and I generally need underwire to keep from being a bit saggy. And then the underwire starts to poke through. :\

This sounds wonderful, but I'm skeptical of it. I worry that it won't support enough (like that I'll have sag issues), that it's so thin that everything can be seen. Just curious if anyone has tried it.

Ahh Bra - Discover Comfort, discover great looks.

I feel your pain, Rheanna. I have similar problems: Droopy-ish C cups, straps that always slide off, poor fit overall. I've tried every different bra on the market in all different sizes and styles. I just spent an obscene amount of money on 3 Soma bras--one that has a great vanishing back, but the straps slide off my shoulders something fierce. So, I bought a slightly different style of their vanishing back bra, and the fit is actually too small overall, even though it's the SAME SIZE as the other! So, it makes all kinds of back fat rolls, and I can't breathe, but the straps don't slide...isn't that nice? :banghead:

I'm not sure about that bra, though. I'll have to let someone else be the guinea pig this time around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    I'm doing something wrong here. I've always worn a 34C. I was never measured, so I don't know if it was ever a perfect fit but it seemed fine. I googled how to do the measurements myself and I'm getting 30A? That makes no sense. Right over the fullest part of my breasts I'm 31" (cup) and under I'm 27" (band). Can someone help me figure this out?
    I'd go somewhere for a proper fitting. Besides measuring, they'll tell you what styles and brands will work best for your shape. The key to a proper fitting bra is more than just size. The woman I had at Nordstrom was great.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
    Thanks, Eilonwy. I read your response last night and I'm glad you edited to add more info. It makes more sense to me now. I think I need to get to Nordstrom and get a proper fitting, as mrspoppers suggested. At my age it behooves me to wear a proper fitting bra.

Rheanna, that bra looks like a good sleep bra. I really doubt it can provide proper support. It's not pricey, so it can't hurt to try it out.
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    I'm pretty short and tend to have the problem with bra straps falling down. My aunt purchases petite bras, though I haven't tried them myself. The straps themselves are shorter.

• LISA LISALISA LISA Posts: 566Registered Users
    The best thing anyone can do is go to a specialty shop - and I'm NOT talking about VS - and get fitted.

I found out that I am a 34 F/G depending on the brand and construction. I can't walk into a store and buy a bra - I have to order online - but wearing the correct size makes all the difference in the world.
    Big Chop from hip - 5/2014
    Enjoying the journey to APL or BSL!
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75884&dateline=1412004981
    Nordstrom is also good for bra fitting.
    To determine band size, do I measure over or under? Over seems more accurate, since it puts me at a C cup, but since I'm not adding inches like in the second link, it's giving me a 28 band. That makes no sense. :scratch:

The nearest Nordstrom is 40 minutes away, so I won't be making a special trip anytime soon.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I need to be fitted too! I have tried all kinds of bras and get so annoyed. I have the strap slip thing too and it drives me nuts. I am a A maybe a B depending on the bra but the band is an issue. I was buying 36 but they were feeling tight (back fat is such a pain!) so I just bought some bras that are 38s but I think I should have gotten 36 in that style-I cannot win.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • RheannaRheanna Posts: 2,614Registered Users
    Thanks everyone! That's kind of what I thought about the bra - no support, too flimsy. I also have sports bras like that. I was seriously hoping the infomercials were correct and my thoughts wrong and that someone would say so, LOL. I may need to just get fitted. Unfortunately, I'm only a B, so LB is probably out of the question. I desperately need new bras, but I'm a single Mom working and going to school full time and it's hard to find the time just to go get some. I keep thinking, "oh, I'll lose all the 'baby weight' and my old bras will fit" but that's not working so great for me! :laughing8:
    DPTFm5.png
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    To determine band size, do I measure over or under? Over seems more accurate, since it puts me at a C cup, but since I'm not adding inches like in the second link, it's giving me a 28 band. That makes no sense. :scratch:

The nearest Nordstrom is 40 minutes away, so I won't be making a special trip anytime soon.
    I have done the under method and IIRC, it was the same size as what the Nordstrom lady came up with. I can't remember which method she used.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist

I've only heard of measuring under, but barenecessities is a good site so maybe it's okay to measure over too.

I wouldn't worry too much about finding your "real measurement" because most bras aren't true-to-size. Like, a bra labeled 34 D may actually accommodate a "true" bra size of 32DD. So you'll still have to try on bras within a certain range of sizes in order to find something that fits you properly.
  • LISA LISALISA LISA Posts: 566Registered Users

Actually that makes perfect sense. You have a small rib cage and a slightly larger cup - like me. We are odd size gals and have sizes that most stores do not carry.

Check out Bras, Panties, Lingerie & More - HerRoom or biggerbras.com - they carry the odd sizes we need.

AND they carry a 28" band size for you!!
    Big Chop from hip - 5/2014
    Enjoying the journey to APL or BSL!
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75884&dateline=1412004981
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I just rcvd an Ahh Bra. It is officially the WORST bra I have ever worn, no exaggeration. It is flimsy, provides zero support, and I wouldn't even wear it to sleep in. Waste of money.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
    Phoenix wrote: »
    I just rcvd an Ahh Bra. It is officially the WORST bra I have ever worn, no exaggeration. It is flimsy, provides zero support, and I wouldn't even wear it to sleep in. Waste of money.

Thanks for the review. I was hoping someone had tried it, when I saw the thread bumped.
  • VikkFloydVikkFloyd Posts: 16Registered Users
    Finding the right bra for me is like finding a needle in a haystack.
  • RobinP92202RobinP92202 Posts: 213Registered Users
    I really like the ipex wireless bras from VS. Very comfy and supportive and they add a bit of shape and nipple coverage (I hate "sheer" bras that show everything, haha.

Sent from my Ally using CurlTalk App
    Robin
    *mama to 3 little boys and a 4th due in early March
    *3a shoulder length curls
    *experimenting with the CG method
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Phoenix wrote: »

Well..no offense but that's exactly what it looks like in the picture - a modified tanktop/sportsbra. I'm not sure why anyone would get it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file