Any 2's use CHS Curl Keeper?

justajesuschickjustajesuschick Posts: 1,657Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I just got a bottle of this in a swap and plan to try it on soaking wet hair before gel like a curl cream.

If you use this or have tried it (curlyserf, I know you tried and passed on this!!), can you tell me how you use?
I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
Condition: DevaCurl OC
LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
Curl Enhancer: CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler, CJRM

Comments

• curlyserfcurlyserf Posts: 858Registered Users
    Didn't work for me. It made my hair feel very "producty" and look greasy. I had a hard time knowing how much to use. I didn't realize that it was soooooo liquidy - basically like water. I may try it again when the weather warms up, but for now it's in the closet (along with a million other bottles - hehehe!).

Kerri
    2?/3a ??? ; fine; high density; normal porosity and elasticity
    color treated

CURRENTLY USING:
    cleanse:Organix Vanilla Silk, Use Me Cleansing Cream
    rinse out/li:Ion Effective Care, Tresseme Naturals Radiant Volume (both with NPF added)
    stylers:Curl Keeper, UFD Curly Magic, & Alba Botanicals Strong Hold Gel
    PT:CJ Repair Me

mod CG since August 2010
  • SegBSegB Posts: 692Registered Users
    I didn't like it either. I used it on a hot and humid day and I feel like it sucked all the moisture into my hair and I was left with flat and greasy hair. I did use it one other time and topped it with gel...That worked a little better. I think there is a high glycerin content, but I could be wrong.
    2b/3a, normal/high porosity, fine/medium texture, medium density, low elasticity

Low Poo- Tigi Colour Goddess, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT (clarify 1X/week)
    Condish- CJ Curl Rehab, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT
    Leave In- Slip Detangler, KCKT, Redken Curl Refiner
    Style- KCCC, SS CEJ, SS FHG
    Treatment- CJ Repair Me! and CJ CR

Dislikes: Too much protein, high glycerin content, and heavy oils
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    yeah Seg is right it does have a high glycerin content, I used CK for 2 Summers in a row with excellent results. This past Summer it left me feeling just the way Seg describes. Not sure what changed but I'm willing to try it again because when it worked it was incredible at fighting frizz and giving me definition without using cones. I used it with BRHG on top and was generous with it. It's not a low dew product for most of us.

JAJC it's funny because when I first joined these boards it was in the Summer and I started a thread just like you http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/2/52973-any-2c-girls-using-ck.html about CK maybe there is some helpful info on there from other 2's. The 2's forum was not an active place like it is now :)
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • curlynowcurlynow Posts: 51Registered Users
    I tried it once on very wet hair, didn't do very well,,I then tried it on scruched out water hair. It seemed to do better with hair not as wet.

By itself, my hair became limp and frizzy. When I used gel over it,,it was better,,but I am not going to repurchase. It is very watery.
    2c-3a~ Medium w/fine characteristics, low porosity, normal elasticity
  • wavysuewavysue Posts: 363Registered Users
    I think it would be helpful if you gals would include the season and/or temps that you are tyring out your products. I've been contemplating this CK stuff for a while now but from past reading on these forums the general consensus is it's a higher dew point or ideal dew point definer but not enhancer. It seems a gel needs to go with it for optimal hold.
    2B waves/ fine-med texture/normal porosity( I think?) trying to figure out my protein needs

AOGPB, SS Caitlins, Garnier Body Boost Condish
    CJ Daily Fix or KC Come Clean
    CJ Curl Fix is true LOVE:compress:
    Love all SS products
    Donna Marie Miragelly & my own FSG
    AG MousseGel
    BRHG
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    DEL2C wrote: »
    yeah Seg is right it does have a high glycerin content, I used CK for 2 Summers in a row with excellent results. This past Summer it left me feeling just the way Seg describes. Not sure what changed but I'm willing to try it again because when it worked it was incredible at fighting frizz and giving me definition without using cones. I used it with BRHG on top and was generous with it. It's not a low dew product for most of us.

JAJC it's funny because when I first joined these boards it was in the Summer and I started a thread just like you http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/2/52973-any-2c-girls-using-ck.html about CK maybe there is some helpful info on there from other 2's. The 2's forum was not an active place like it is now :)
    Del I'm wondering if the change is because the majority of your products are soooo much more "natural" and basic than 2 years ago. Did you use Tigi MM still? I know CK and MM was perfect for you those 2 summers.

I didn't like CK. Totally felt like it sucked the moisture out of my hair. I tried it here in my mild CA dews and in high AL and FL dews and never had good results. Dry and frizz city :(
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    DEL2C wrote: »

Del I'm wondering if the change is because the majority of your products are soooo much more "natural" and basic than 2 years ago. Did you use Tigi MM still? I know CK and MM was perfect for you those 2 summers.

I didn't like CK. Totally felt like it sucked the moisture out of my hair. I tried it here in my mild CA dews and in high AL and FL dews and never had good results. Dry and frizz city :(
    are you saying my hair has gotten snobby, like yours :lol: I honestly don't know, but I was still battling with a bad haircut and couldn't find my moisture balance either. When I was using TigiMM that Summer I was also co-washing with Suave. I started that after the Deva stuff had left my hair seriously moisture deprived. This past Summer started I was getting OC'd but by the end of it my hair had gotten really dry again. So, I have no earthly idea :? I really am hoping to use it again because it does such a great job minimizing volume and it's a frizz killer.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • mcrachelmcrachel Posts: 18Registered Users
    I use it. I like it, in fact, I keep coming back to it. But I don't recommend trying to use it by itself. It doesn't have much hold and it's really water. My best results have been put my leave in on wet hair, scrunch microfiber towel, then plop into a flour sack towel once I get a curl pattern going. About 5 mins later, scrunch in a generous amount of curl keeper, plop some more, depending on how much time I have. Then I use another gel, usually L'oreal tightly wound and diffuse.
    2a, Lazy hair. Takes a little work to make it curly or straight.
    Colored
    Fine hair, not a lot of it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file