Period and Birth Control Question

RawrSallyRawrSally Posts: 1,388Registered Users
Okay, so I'm completely freaking out. I'm on my first day of my period after my first month of taking the generic brand of Yasmin, Ocella. This might be TMI, but I had a large chunk [probably 2-3 inches] of what looked like tissue come out. This has never happened to me before, and I just want to know whether or not it's serious.

Comments

• NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Like a huge glob of blood? If so, yes. Actually, the whole premise of birth control is to fool the body into thinking its already pregnant. The endometrium of your uterus in being primed with lots of hormones at levels not normally created by you. Anyway, when the endometrium sloughs off (your period), this can occur from a thick layer of endometrium sloughing off. There are some people even without BC that have periods like that. I'm not saying this is going to be a regular thing for you, but it's not abnormal.
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • blueskiesblueskies Posts: 123Registered Users Curl Novice
    it's probably just a big blood clot. they're nasty-looking.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've had things like that happen. Birth control lessened the frequency.
  • kenzie!kenzie! Posts: 5,055Registered Users
    Some forms of birth control work by more-or-less forming a mucus plug over your cervix, because they trick your body into thinking it's pregnant. That might be your mucus plug dropping out. (Usually it drains out slowly with the rest of your period)

It could be a blood clot as well, but if it's 2-3 inches I doubt it. You would've had cramps so bad you couldn't stand up if that was the case.
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.
  • RawrSallyRawrSally Posts: 1,388Registered Users
    Thanks everyone. I think it had to do with my period coming later than normal because of the birth control.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file